TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I wonder what the view was like from the front seat before it hit the dude. That woulda made for a great POV.

That's what I usually think of whenever something like this happens. Hopefully a TPR member will be riding the next time this happens, then they can post here with a great story.

Actually, hopefully this never happens again. It's stupid, it's bad for the park, and it's bad whenever people get hurt.

Getting hit by a coaster may be fun , but they should've just asked a park employee for help.

So there could be another park employee injured/killed as we have also had this summer? No, the hat should have just been written off as a loss. If you take something with you on a ride and lose it, it should just be considered gone. No retrieving. It's just not that important and if it truly were...you wouldn't take the chance of losing or damaging the item on a ride.

Would a complete non-retrieval policy suck? Yes, of course it would if it were my own cell phone/wallet/camera...but I can also accept that I would have been the jerk that carried it on the ride. Bad decision paid for with the lost item. But we are a land of no personal responsibility...so it is uncommon to admit our own jerky stupidity.

The only other option that I think is remotely viable is lost and found after closing...I think dropped items should have to be recovered by the owner the next operating day. Only retrieve dropped items after park closing. Inconvenient, yes...again not the park's problem. All unclaimed items could be sold on Ebay to fund a new ride! Think of some fun names for rides purchased due to unclaimed jacka$$ items!! That could be fun...

...Or I guess it could be donated to charity, but that's not near as much fun...

Think of some fun names for rides purchased due to unclaimed jacka$$ items!! That could be fun...

...Or I guess it could be donated to charity, but that's not near as much fun...

Maybe a wood coaster named The Non head chopper. Or a steel coaster called the mad hatter with a plaque dedicating the ride to all those people who lost their hat and were not stupid enough to go get it.

But, I hope he lives, and I hope he still goes to theme parks. However a lesson shall be learned from this, and hopefully spread from generation to generation.

I think next years Halloween events should have haunted houses themed to the shear horror of breaking theme park rules. Complete with scare actors who French crunch you in line and scare actors with roller coaster wheels implanted in their head cause they entered a restricted zone.

^^^^^There are parks who have the "after hours" search thing. I really don't think that poster would suggest an employee drop what s/he's doing and go into the path during operation.

I lost my phone on Invertigo at KI a couple weeks ago, so I told an employee after the ride (actually, we rode again to try and find it from the lift, but to no avail). I filled out a lost and found thing as an employee did a quick search of the unfenced area directly under the first lift. After that yielded nothing, they said they would check the fenced area after the ride closed. I was extremely glad when KI called me the next day before saying it was recovered. I drove down to the park and picked it up.

Yes, I realize Invertigo has a small footprint and has nothing but pavement and gravel below it, making a search like that more feasible (I'm sure the fact that I knew almost exactly where it fell out didn't hurt...), but I don't think it's as unrealistic as you make it out to be.

The hat I lost on Corkscrew at CP, though...I didn't even bother to tell anyone about that...

So there could be another park employee injured/killed as we have also had this summer? No, the hat should have just been written off as a loss.

The only other option that I think is remotely viable is lost and found after closing...I think dropped items should have to be recovered by the owner the next operating day.

I meant they should've told an employee about it. Because I've dropped something on a ride before. They told me to come after the park closed and I got it back .

I fell bad for everyone on that train! However on a more serious note someone got hit by a train on Ninja when he jumped the fence (sounds familiar) over a hat. Here is the Screamscape article: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

And heres the news article: http://www.hometownstation.com/local-news/magic-mountain-ninja-2008-08-30-08-07-3.html

^ Yeah I heard about that. I'm getting sick of guests' blatant disregard of rules and just plain common sense. It almost always seems to end up with something like this happening. Then when the news story gets published, people see the headline and immediately adopt an "OH NO, THEME PARKS ARE DANGEROUS" stance on the matter without usually even reading into what happened. I'm sorry, but I cannot bring myself to feel bad for someone who is harmed because of their own stupidity and lack of respect for rules put in place to protect them from exactly this kind of thing.

^ BANNED. Remember EVERYONE, you may not post stories about breaking park rules!! It is not allowed. Any violation of a park rule is a violation rule of the site as well! Its in the TOS found here!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137

15. Obey Park Rules - If you're going to make a post bragging about breaking park rules, which includes but it not limited to: sneaking cameras on rides, line jumping, standing up on coasters, or any other park rule, you're account will be deleted and your IP address banned.

Do NOT post about breaking park rules! The TOS is VERY clear.

Thank you!

-Mike

One thing though, he wasn't bragging. All He was doing was just trying to teach people that its a bad thing to hop a fence using a story about his faults. To me that is a positive thing teaching others how wrong and dangerous it can be hoping a fence. I would understand if the rule stated "NO story's whatsoever about breaking rules". But the rules does not say that, all it says is no bragging which again he didn't do.

I agree you can't feel bad for someone that out of their own Stupitity put themselves in harms way! Six Flags should start putting barbbed wire or something because if stupi people like this keep doing this no one will come to the park because they think it's dangerous! Well I'm going to the mountain today to see it in one of it's last weekdays! X2!

One thing though, he wasn't bragging. All He was doing was just trying to teach people that its a bad thing to hop a fence using a story about his faults. To me that is a positive thing teaching others how wrong and dangerous it can be hoping a fence. I would understand if the rule stated "NO story's whatsoever about breaking rules". But the rules does not say that, all it says is no bragging which again he didn't do.

I agree. That was too harsh and he should not have been banned. I'm unbanning him and sending him an apology. I'll have a word with the mods about this.

Sorry guys!

--Robb