TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I was at Six Flags Magic Mountain at this time and the radio told us it happened at 4:30, so I was waiting in line for Revolution. I remember when I left the park at 6:00, there was a helicopter flying over the park and two news vans arrived, one Channel 2, the other Channel 7.

I was at Six Flags Magic Mountain at this time and the radio told us it happened at 4:30, so I was waiting in line for Revolution. I remember when I left the park at 6:00, there was a helicopter flying over the park and two news vans arrived, one Channel 2, the other Channel 7.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8830704

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-six-flags-hurricane-fall,0,793768.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

^

Seriously, that dude's a moron. Similar to the ever-so-viral "Near Death Water Slide Launch" video on Youtube. I can say that this is what the moron gets for not only line jumping (I absolutely despise of line jumpers) but for also breaking rules and going down when he was not even cleared to go down. Part of me wonders if he tripped over his 2 left feet when getting that running start (assuming that was the case) and completely missed the slide altogether.

^

A spokeswoman for the water park said a 19-year-old man cut in line for a slide at Black Snake Summit around 4:15 p.m., went past lifeguards and jumped into the slide head first instead of feet first, and fell off the slide half way down.

What drugs was this guy on? No one is stupid enough to cut everyone in line and dive head first down a slide. He's lucky that he didn't kill himself. I guess pure stupidity is a real problem in society.

No one is that stupid except this guy.

^Better yet, waterslides need to be equipped with vehicles fixed to the slide via upstops and guide wheels. And these vehicles should be equipped with restraints. To ensure nobody will go down without clearance, they will feature air gates, restraint checks and finally dispatch. No wait, that would then be pretty much a coaster

What really needs to be done is just ban idiots from life.

It doesn't matter if the man was at fault or not. The general public will view this as an accident at an amusement park...Which is never good P.R. for an amusement park.

The GP can sniff out an idiot. This sounds like a case of the karma.

Agreed; if enough people know the facts, the stupidity will be at the forefront of people's minds and comments. On the other hand, as with anything else, of course some people are going to get things twisted or make up crazy rumors.

I just don't see the motivation for this. If he isn't just plain crazy, the only thing that would make sense is some kind of encouragement from others (i.e. a dare). Simply skipping a long line and/or sliding incorrectly clearly isn't anywhere near a comprehensible reason.

I wonder if there's any reasonable way to prevent things like this when someone is so sneaky and determined to break rules. I guess it's one of those things that will probably only happen once, though.