TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Is anyone at the park right now and can confirm if it is busy or not?

Current longest waits published:

SEFK: 120 (This is probably exaggerated by someone who's frustrated that its a long line, Im guessing 60-90 actual)

Tatsu: 65

X2: 30

LL: 30

Goliath: 30

Everything else 5 minutes or less.

I went to the park last tuesday and it was almost dead. I rode every roller coaster in one day with a couple rerides on goliath and x2. The longest wait was 45min for superman. Almost everything was a walkon, even Goliath. 30min wait for X2, Tatsu, Green latern. Besides those rides, everything else I only had to wait 3 trains to cycle and I was on. Tatsu was running 2 trains, with decent loading/unloading speed. I heard later on they switched to one train, though so I didn't reride.

Paying for two more ride OPs for the day is like the same cost as 2 park tickets.

I finally rode X2(I've ridden X many times), for the first time I must say it was a huge improvement! The only painful part was the last turn around, it always seems to jerk there. It still is the only ride that scares the crap out of me everytime!

Just walked on Viper and stayed on twice in a row. X2 is currently a walk on....just waiting at the turnstile at the top of the ramp. The bathrooms on the hill going up to Baha Ridge wreeks of piss.
How colorful. You should notify the staff if you're noticing an odor in a particular location.

Colossus: This was the coaster that exceeded what I expected of this. I couldn't believe how amazing this coaster was. Colossus wasn't very rough and is very re-rideable and has the most airtime out of any coaster. Colossus is my favorite woodie in California (I rode Giant Dipper, Grizzly, Roar, Apocalypse, & this). SFMM did a very good job on maintaining this classic and I could feel how this coaster was built to be a world class coaster. Though, the MCBR has to go. The MCBR kills the last part of the ride and is my only complaint about Colossus. Also, SFMM was just running one side with two trains, so I doubt they will be running 6 trains anytime soon. I think Colossus doesn't need any topper track or Iron Horse track, all it needs is just a fresh coat of paint. Colossus has a 15 minute wait.

Colossus is a smooth airtime filled machine? LOL. Sorry but when I went on it last April I was literally screaming in pain from the roughness and there was one pop of airtime in the backseat.

I'm not bashing you or anything. I just find it funny that how we had two completley different rides. I still think Giant Dipper (SCBB) is the best woodie in California with Apocalyspe in close second.

I thought the same thing but wasn't going to say anything..I would like to know what train he rode on..I heard someone else say a little while ago that they rode it recently and were surprised how much smoother it was. Last time I rode Colossus it was one of the roughest rides I've ever had..rough rides don't usually bother me but it was so bad I couldn't even enjoy the ride..this was a few years ago however, I'm hoping something has changed.

I just rode Colossus last week, and I genuinely do find it to be very smooth. The only part that is rougher is the return run after the MCBR. I really do wish I could have ridden it before the double-down was removed. I certainly don't think it's world-class or better than Termocalypse by any means, though.

Oh, and just so that it's known in case it is a train-by-train thing, I was in the back car of the black train, on the left track if you're walking into the station.

Colossus: This was the coaster that exceeded what I expected of this. I couldn't believe how amazing this coaster was. Colossus wasn't very rough and is very re-rideable and has the most airtime out of any coaster. Colossus is my favorite woodie in California (I rode Giant Dipper, Grizzly, Roar, Apocalypse, & this). SFMM did a very good job on maintaining this classic and I could feel how this coaster was built to be a world class coaster. Though, the MCBR has to go. The MCBR kills the last part of the ride and is my only complaint about Colossus. Also, SFMM was just running one side with two trains, so I doubt they will be running 6 trains anytime soon. I think Colossus doesn't need any topper track or Iron Horse track, all it needs is just a fresh coat of paint. Colossus has a 15 minute wait.

Colossus is a smooth airtime filled machine? LOL. Sorry but when I went on it last April I was literally screaming in pain from the roughness and there was one pop of airtime in the backseat.

I'm not bashing you or anything. I just find it funny that how we had two completley different rides. I still think Giant Dipper (SCBB) is the best woodie in California with Apocalyspe in close second.

^Oh man, I'm glad you quoted that as I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Seriously, amazing, I know opinions are opinions and crap, but I am falling over with laughter at how much he loved Colossus!!!!!

I really don't know how it was rough, they must've fixed it up recently because the coaster was very re-rideable. I hate rough wooden coasters, so I would've picked up the roughness very easily, but it was pretty smooth. I didn't expect it to be really good, but I was impressed with Colossus. I rode both functioning trains on the left side (2 trains, one with the ad on it) on the front seat. Honestly, Colossus is one of my favorites in SFMM.

Colossus is "better" than it has been in the past, but is by no means "good" or "great". They did some nice retracking so it doesn't kill you, but the ride is still painfully slow and the 2nd half needs some major track work.

Still, it's probably the 3rd best woodie in CA (Behind Apocalypse and Giant Dipper (SCBB)). Not like that's really saying much though.

I think collosus is a good ride that is fairly smooth and has the most airtime for any coaster in the park (that's not saying

much). I have never thought it was rough, and find it rather enjoyable. I go on it at least once every time I go to SFMM...

Using one out of two stations seems to be a six flags thing. Even Kingda Ka was modified to run 3 trains with one station while the other one just sits there. Only positive with KK is that they modified an extra block which helped the rides Rph. Unfortunately i dont think the flyers with dual loading stations were designed with an extra brake room to run all the trains with one station. Just curious but do they use one station during fright fest as well?

No. Tatsu only has four blocks. 1.Station, 2.Lift, 3.Main Brake, 4.Transfer. Because the station can house two trains at the same time is the only way to allow three trains.

It can run three trains with one station. If it came down to it, one would be in the station, one would be on transfer, one would be on trim (first brake at end of course) and if they did happen to dispatch a train too early...(yeah, right), the lift can slow down to give the current train time to clear the course. But with the way things are currently 3 trains would be a very bad idea as most of the time two trains would just be stacked, sitting there forever. It's just so wrong and ridiculous that they spent millions building a dual station, for higher capacity and faster loading, only to not use it because they are so damn cheap. Since when does guest satisfaction not justify adding staff to a ride to improve it's performance? Just.... totally..... asinine!

So with SCBB's announcement, does that mean Premier is now a lock for Magic Mountain?

I think it would be pretty much so... unless the wood coaster at CGA is being built by Premier..lol, but it's already been leaked (years ago) its not,

So with SCBB's announcement, does that mean Premier is now a lock for Magic Mountain?

It could still be for Knotts but I doubt that so that is pretty much a yes.

Edited by 3Mutts

I believe that a "large' version of Kennywood's Sky Rocket would pretty much be one amazing ride. Sky Rocket was fun and had a nice hanging airtime in the back on the the 2 "drops".If Premier amped this up another hundred feet or so it could be one kick ass ride.