TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

JUST called SFMM and this is what I asked....

ME- HELLO is there going to be a new coaster in 2009 (asked to see if they knew What i was talking about.)

them- Yes there will be a new coaster in 2009.

ME- OK.. do you have any information on it?

them- NO we do not have any info at the moment.

ME- Do you know when it will be announced?

them- It will be announced by the end of sept.....

ME- Your %100 sure it wil be announced by then?

THEM- YES

ME- Thank You.

So lets hope it will be something good (didnt MARK S say it is going to appeal to both familes and THRILL SEAKERS?)

So that means it wont be a flat ride right? (doesnt appeal to thrill seakers)

I'm actually expecting to hear something about the new ride next week...

Any logical reason for this or is it just a feeling?

Yes logic. All of the other Six Flags announcements are happening this month. Last year they also announced all their projects in September. It seems to be a Mark Shapiro thing.

Yes this is when the announcements happen, but I can't recall a time when an announcement happened and no one had found any survey markers (sticks) or spray-painted indicators of something before the announcement was made.

That doesn't mean an annoucement is impossible, but it just doesn't seem likely.

As for the new charge for haunted maze access, sucks. Sucks hard. But, not really a surprise.

<>

^^Thank you Jahan!!!

I seriously have been thinking 'damn, I'm going to have to go to SFMM as soon as we go back to show people the progress going on!'

Perhaps people are just not looking in the right place? Or don't want to look!

I'm curious to see how the $5 charge changes things at Fright Fest. I could see it being a little bit more of a problem for families who don't want to spend $20 for every maze after spending a bunch of money just going to the park for the day. On the other hand, the locals with Season Passes and such, as well as the people coming just for the haunted houses likely won't have as much issue dropping the $5 for the houses.

As far as the new coaster goes, I simply was curious if anybody has noticed anything going on. As I said above I'm not expecting a whole lot more then dirt being pushed around right now and maybe some spray paint.

As a final question and just something I've been wondering with Fright Fest coming up, are the Psyclone trains being stored full time on the Colossus transfer track now, I'm sure the park still runs Colossus backwards using those trains, just not sure where the park keeps them the other 11 months of the year.

I contemplated taking a late trip out to SFMM today (but decided against it). However, the girls will be gone all next weekend, so maybe I'll squeeze in a trip. $200 in cash from dealing roulette a couple of times comes in handy.

Anyway, whenever I do go out there, I'll do some poking around (just for funsies) and see if I find anything. As I've said before, I can wait till the park announces something. Not a wink of sleep will be lost over this.

Eric

Perhaps one of us should go to the park to actually check for progress before engaging in 5 pages of conversation doubting an announcement. After all, a lack of coverage doesn't equal a lack of activity.

One might even be surprised.

-Jahan

I'll be there in three hours, Jahan, and we can go on yet another Magic Mountain man-date.

Just got home from a trip to everyone's favorite mountain. Got there at about 12:45. Scream had a little trouble and the lift wouldn't start, but the problem was corrected and ran from that point on just fine. Nothing really stood out in terms of park operations. I didn't see anything bad enough to rant about. We ended up sitting on Tatsu's lift for about 30 minutes over technical difficulties and I got to meet Jahan finally. He was very professional in handling the situation and provided some decent coaster talk while keeping the other 31 passengers on the train in mind. The supervision team as whole as well as maintainence handled it well. Thumbs up. Also, while exiting Deja Vu, I was able to snap some interesting photos.

1075645373_Picture032.jpg.c03e9bba1bc920a3b54b04d000963ef9.jpg

292401808_Picture034.jpg.daaf37e38a315ec8cc56ab54b0e7d98d.jpg

207358339_Picture031.jpg.743780aa95486450bf4c2f7b7f412895.jpg

282476977_Picture027.jpg.48b26cf2f4d8c3883f6863f5f08b0d3b.jpg

JUST called SFMM and this is what I asked....

ME- HELLO is there going to be a new coaster in 2009 (asked to see if they knew What i was talking about.)

them- Yes there will be a new coaster in 2009.

ME- OK.. do you have any information on it?

them- NO we do not have any info at the moment.

ME- Do you know when it will be announced?

them- It will be announced by the end of sept.....

ME- Your %100 sure it wil be announced by then?

THEM- YES

ME- Thank You.

So lets hope it will be something good (didnt MARK S say it is going to appeal to both familes and THRILL SEAKERS?)

So that means it wont be a flat ride right? (doesnt appeal to thrill seakers)

Sorry for the double post but I don't really believe this. I mean what he is saying not that the ride is being built. I doubt they would tell you anything before an official six flags press release. I just pray you and monte are correct.

IS it me or does those white stacks in the picture look like what pieces for a wooden coaster would be wrapped/transported in?

YES! it is. I work with those type of stacks all the time. Its actually LUMBER wraped with plastic for protection. So i guess well be looking @ a new wooden roller coaster soon.