TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Ah yes!! Wood backstage is a good sign to see. I'm really looking forward to the official announcement though. Ah, the anticipation kills!! Lol. I really did like the "whales being transported thru space" idea. Very funny!!

Nice to see the pics of all the fright fest decor set up. I always love going to the mountain for fright fest. I'll be there in two weeks, I'm excited!!

Thanks for the update.

......but realistically, unless you're getting a construction tour of Hard Rock Park, what are the chances of that ride not being around the next time you visit?

--Robb

Give HRP some Aloe for that BURN!!!!!!

I think it really is cool when you get to go up close to the rides. I know that one of the coolest part about working on Mantis at CP was checking the low zones at the end of the night for lost items, you literally had to duck under parts of the track to get to the other side.

Did Colossus run like Pysclone did with those trains? How did it run?

Great update...

--James

I think it's more fun backwards, the drops are more thrilling. I don't think it's any rougher because of the Psyclone trains. They probably had to modify them to run on Colossus, maybe even as far as swapping the wheel assemblies. Remember, the only reason they use Psyclone's trains is because they have headrests.

I look forward to next year's West Coast Bash, especially for the expected X2 ERT. It's just too bad that the new coaster won't be open yet, which was the case this year with X2. Hopefully we'll at least get a behind the scenes tour.

For me personally, I sometimes find a backstage or construction tour more interesting than an ERT session.

I completely agree. I mean, I understand that it's kind of a bummer for out of towners, but at the same time, you know you're honestly going to WCB to see what they've done differently, or to find out what they WILL be doing differently. WCB is awesome not only because of the ERT sessions, but the perks last year were amazing! If you think about it, last year at WCB you got to walk to where Psyclone USED to be. This year, hopefully, with all the nice perks, you might be able to walk to the site of a new ride. Awesome things you can compare from your past experience!

Remember, the only reason they use Psyclone's trains is because they have headrests.

BZZZTTT!!! WRONG!

Morgan trains cannot run backwards.

But thank you for enlightening us with your made up knowledge.

--Robb

I stand corrected. A lot of people thought that, so now many are enlightened.

You think Colossus backwards is rough? Does anyone remember when they did Psyclone backwards for that one or maybe more Fright Fest(s)??? Now that was rough!!!

YES!!!

Honestly, it wasn't that much worse backwards than it was forwards. At least it was "interesting"

--Robb

I remember when Psyclone first opend it was an amazing ride, actually my # 1 at the mountain!(Dont bash me on it)

Man, the line for the ride went thru the line all the way up to the hill to roaring rapids. 2 1/2hour waits were not uncommon

Memories...

Ok, back on topic. I think SFMM usually anounces there season passes offer in november when we should also find out about the terminator coaster

Btw, i have no problem with the name. You can theme anything, even a woodie. It's not like you are on the ride thinking " I dont think Terminator is a good name" while going down the first drop

I remember Psyclone when it was running backwards (was that Fright Fest 94?) but I was either too small (or more likely) too much of a wuss to try it out. However from what I understand Psyclone wasn't nearly as rough for the first couple years of existence.

For those of you who did try it, what did you think of Psyclone backwards?

I think Colossus backwards is a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it's the best wooden coaster experience currently in southern California.

Yeah, it's good, but I'll take Ghostrider over it any day.

Who could have predicted in early '08 that MM would get a woodie in 2009 and CGA wouldn't?

Whats with the blue polos? Did wardrobe run out of the yellow ones or something :lol

Running Low is the story.

Hey Robb, Thanks for Posting the Pic of Me & Nancy. (Even though my right eye looks all freaky) Stop By the Funnel Cake Shop next time you are at the Park, and I promise we will break your $100 Bill.

and what ARE you people talking about??? All that wood is for the new flooring at Moose Burger! New Coaster??? It's Craziness!!! But I will say that the rumor I HAVE heard is that Superman the Escape will be rounded off at the top making it positively Kingda-Ka-ish. Rumored Name: S2. SHHHHHH!

ARGH\

im so excited

ive never been to Six Flags.

but im so excited to go here and Sfgadv and Cedar Point, and Walibi world and Europa park and Thorpe park next year.

i hope to run into a few TPR members on my travels.

would be great.

my whole life ive wanted to go to SFMM and now i am.

Robb, i expect to see you when i come.

we have the same(similar) name

xx

Robby

"Does anyone remember when they did Psyclone backwards for that one or maybe more Fright Fest(s)???" (Magic Alumni)

That was indeed in 1994, and to my knowledge, the only year they did that. I rode it backwards only one time, and that was enough, thank you. Trying to do that after Psyclone got really rough...I don't even want to think about it...

Eric

Whats with the blue polos? Did wardrobe run out of the yellow ones or something :lol

Running Low is the story.

Hey Robb, Thanks for Posting the Pic of Me & Nancy. (Even though my right eye looks all freaky) Stop By the Funnel Cake Shop next time you are at the Park, and I promise we will break your $100 Bill.

and what ARE you people talking about??? All that wood is for the new flooring at Moose Burger! New Coaster??? It's Craziness!!! But I will say that the rumor I HAVE heard is that Superman the Escape will be rounded off at the top making it positively Kingda-Ka-ish. Rumored Name: S2. SHHHHHH!

This is really funny that you said that because a few weeks ago I was at the mountian and the guy working the sky tower said the same thing about superman!