TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm going to be honest--I saw this happening sooner or later. I love Ninja, but the ride rattled so much, it made me question how tightly the train was positioned on the track. I felt like all the bolts were going to come lose and the ride would derail at some point. Looks like it did.

Good news is, no one looks hurt, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the end of Ninja.

ABC7 Eyewitness News ‏@ABC7 2m

MAGIC MOUNTAIN UPDATE Theme park official says 1 person injured, tree branch fell on tracks of Ninja ride http://abc7.la/1vU4p4x

Well, it was completely an accident then. I don't see why this particular issue would prevent Ninja from re-opening (unless there was significant damage to the train), as the restraint systems totally worked as designed and no one was gravely injured or ejected.

Sure looks like that car is at the very least destroyed. A tree "branch" did that on a coaster that has no obvious way for a branch to lie across the track? I'm no genius, but that sounds....strange.

I'm going to be honest--I saw this happening sooner or later. I love Ninja, but the ride rattled so much, it made me question how tightly the train was positioned on the track. I felt like all the bolts were going to come lose and the ride would derail at some point. Looks like it did.

Good news is, no one looks hurt, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the end of Ninja.

I'm going to respond to this.

You saw this happening.... how? It appears a tree branch fell on the track which caused this... NOT it falling apart because of loose rattling bolts like you say. What you posted almost sounds like something the typical GP would say.

Come on... seriously? The trains have been running the way they were designed to. The ride is "seasoned" so it's going to sound like that. Don't you think if it was going to derail as you claim it would have already? And seriously this could happen to any coaster that has a tree branch fall on it.

You did not see this coming, a tree branch (apparently) caused this, it's a random event.

Edited by Tmcdllr

Sure looks like that car is at the very least destroyed. A tree "branch" did that on a coaster that has no obvious way for a branch to lie across the track? I'm no genius, but that sounds....strange.

A branch can shift, break and fall onto the tracks. Ninja is basically in the middle of a forest (using the term very loosely), so it's possible.

A branch can shift, break and fall onto the tracks. Ninja is basically in the middle of a forest (using the term very loosely), so it's possible.

It's a suspended coaster. The track is, essentially, upside down. Nothing is easily going to lay across it since the spine is elevated above the rails of the track itself, creating an arch.