TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Calling it a media day is a stretch. The park was nice enough to invite media outlets to get rider cam and some footage, but that was about it. It was definitely not on the scale of a full media event, but was still very nice of the park to do.

Park is very crowded today (at least by Magic Moutain's standards). Waited an hour for namtaB. Definitely an intense experience, but I didn't love it. Not sure if it was just because I couldn't see where we were going, but the ear bashing was a bit much. What do others think?

Park is very crowded today (at least by Magic Moutain's standards). Waited an hour for namtaB. Definitely an intense experience, but I didn't love it. Not sure if it was just because I couldn't see where we were going, but the ear bashing was a bit much. What do others think?

Are Superman and/or Tatsu running both sides?

^ Superman yes, but not sure about Tatsu. Tatsu's line spilled way out onto the path by Roaring Rapids.

In line for Colussus (or sussuloC) now: has the left side been decommissioned or is it still used ever? Can't remember the last time I didn't ride the right side...

^ I think it's been several years now. As you go up the lift look at the chain on the other side, it's totally rusted out.

A few weeks ago when I was at the park one of the ride leads said, it's too far gone now to run. He said nothing more. Not sure if he know more or not. I'm guessing that would be the first side to have "anything done to it," what ever that maybe.

I was there today and rode Colossus Backwards. There is a BRAND NEW sign in front of the other side that says "Sorry, this side of Colossus is closed." So maybe they are going to fix up the other side or something.

Nice day at the park today... A little busy due to a cheer comp, but not bad.

Rides...

Namtab - 0 min. wait - 2 trains cycling but only loaded 1 for the first hour or so.

Green Lantern - 5 min. wait - Only loading 2 of the 4 cars on the track

Colossus - no wait - read above

Goliath - 15 min. wait - 2 trains running both with the seatbelts but the ride ops weren't even checking the belts.. strange.

Lex Luthor Drop of Doom - 10 min. wait - kept getting stuck halfway up all day.

X2 - 85 minute wait - about halfway through the line they randomly started sending empty trains... would've been a 70 min. wait without that. 3rd train is currently being assembled on the transfer.

Full Throttle - 45 min wait - The line wasn't even back to the canopy but only ONE train was running and the other train was not on the transfer... nowhere to be found.

Tatsu - 30 minute wait - Both stations (2 trains) running... waited longer in the station than I did in the lower queue.

New banners for Peppe Le Pew in BBW also. And Scream's second train is back... And the "Green Lantern" Riddler train is back running. The black OTSRs are still on it.

Good day with good operations! Plus, the park is looking better and better every time I visit!

^^If they aren't doing any maintenance on it, they would have to do ALL the required (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.) maintenance before it could operate again. I think that's a good clue that an RMC makeover is in the works if they aren't bothering to work on one side at all...

I was there today and rode Colossus Backwards. There is a BRAND NEW sign in front of the other side that says "Sorry, this side of Colossus is closed." So maybe they are going to fix up the other side or something.

Nice day at the park today... A little busy due to a cheer comp, but not bad.

Rides...

Namtab - 0 min. wait - 2 trains cycling but only loaded 1 for the first hour or so.

Green Lantern - 5 min. wait - Only loading 2 of the 4 cars on the track

Colossus - no wait - read above

Goliath - 15 min. wait - 2 trains running both with the seatbelts but the ride ops weren't even checking the belts.. strange.

Lex Luthor Drop of Doom - 10 min. wait - kept getting stuck halfway up all day.

X2 - 85 minute wait - about halfway through the line they randomly started sending empty trains... would've been a 70 min. wait without that. 3rd train is currently being assembled on the transfer.

YOLOcoaster - 45 min wait - The line wasn't even back to the canopy but only ONE train was running and the other train was not on the transfer... nowhere to be found.

Tatsu - 30 minute wait - Both stations (2 trains) running... waited longer in the station than I did in the lower queue.

New banners for Peppe Le Pew in BBW also. And Scream's second train is back... And the "Green Lantern" Riddler train is back running. The black OTSRs are still on it.

Good day with good operations! Plus, the park is looking better and better every time I visit!

5 mins for GL?? Wish I was there, I'm one of the few that LOVES it

Also went to the park today and had a good time. I only had to wait 20 mins for X2 since I rode it later in the day.

Full throttle was the longest wait of the day at about 45 mins thanks to one train operation.

Rode Colossus backwards for the first time ever and didn't like it at all.

They had the fire running on both X2 and Apocalypse which was cool and I had a good ride on both. I haven't quite experienced the roughness that people say apocalypse has gotten recently.

Got on 9 coasters in total, all the ones I wanted to.