TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

That would be a pretty good day to go I think. I dont think youll need a Flash pass that day, but its always good to budget for one to buy on the day of if it is unexpectedly busy.

I have a season pass for my home park (Great Adventure) so I might use the money saved on admission to get a flash pass, but then again I'm going to be a single rider all day, so maybe not. Do most of the coasters have singler rider lines?

That would be a pretty good day to go I think. I dont think youll need a Flash pass that day, but its always good to budget for one to buy on the day of if it is unexpectedly busy.

I have a season pass for my home park (Great Adventure) so I might use the money saved on admission to get a flash pass, but then again I'm going to be a single rider all day, so maybe not. Do most of the coasters have singler rider lines?

Ah, my favorite subject, single rider lines!! Unfortunately not all coasters do, I wish they did. Here are the ones that do:

For Revolution just walk up through the exit and when you get to the turnstile an operator will place you. You may have to get their attention and mention that you're a single rider.

On Viper the single rider line is kind of hidden..you go up the exit but then take a left and go up some stairs that take you to a gate. Get the attention of an operator there who will place you.

(Fortunately SRL is rarely needed on those two rides)

For Riddler, start by walking up the exit path, but don't go up the staircase that you see riders exiting from (with track above your head). Go to your left around the building and you will see a doorway on your right marked with the SRL sign and a staircase inside leading up. This staircase takes you right to the ride operator who will put you on the next train. Riddler's SRL is awesome, you can walk onto the ride virtually any time of any day no matter how busy it is.

For Green Lantern walk into the exit/flashpass entrance and you will see two staircases. One is where the riders actually exit from, the other is marked with an SRL sign and will take up up to the platform right behind the dispatching ride operator. You will need to get their attention, but please be considerate as this employee will be actively dispatching trains..try to let them know you're there without surprising or distracting them. When they have an open seat they will direct you to walk through the operator's station and show you which car to board. In rare cases (In fact it's never happened to me) you might go down the stairs and across to the other side of the track and up the other staircase if they want you to board on that side. Usually they don't. Wait time for single rider here is usually 5-15 mins.

Last but not least is Lex Luthor. First thing is that the SRL is not always in use. If the ride isn't busy enough, they put their SR sign away which means they wont board you as a single rider and you need to get in the regular que. If they are using it, You will see a portable SRL sign when you walk up the exit path pointing you to a chain where you wait. The Lex Luthor ops are always really prompt about seeing single riders, but because the gondolas hold so many people there's actually less opportunities (empty seats) so you can commonly end up waiting 15-30 minutes for a single rider spot. If the standby line isn't into the inside building, then its not worth it to use SRL.

srl.jpg.6ed0369eaa508729e01ea783db35c4a2.jpg

Watch for this sign to guide you. It's amazing how it can blend in, so look carefully.

singemfrc,

Although you were not talking to me, I appreciate this post. I had no idea that Riddler had one.

Yeah, all the single rider lines are pretty well hidden. I had no idea any of them existed until someone made a post like this pointing them out. The Riddler and Green Lantern ones are my favorites, you can save tons of time. The cool thing is since no one knows about them, there's rarely anyone else in line for them at all

Today I was at Great Adventure in New Jersey. Lex Luthor is soooo much better than Zumanjaro! They won't launch Kingda Ka trains if "Zoo" is up or going up. The sway because of Superman makes Lex so much better. Also the ascent on "Zoo" is very slow until you get half way up. Then it speeds up. No speech or any sound when you arrive at the top. Again, another win for Lex. Lastly, the regular, flash pass and single rider lines all merge together at the platform entry = slow single rider movement. Lex wins again with the single rider merge.

Tips for visit to Magic Mountain

Good morning, friends.

I’ve been following website for a long time.

In addition to always stay updated on new rollers, it is a great base of information with tips and photos of the parks.

I believe you guys know MagicMountain very well, because there are several records of visits

In late August of this year (26/08), I'm going to Los Angeles and I´ll visit Magic Mountain.

I would like know if you could give me some tips, such as:

Are there big lines on weekdays (28/08) at the park? Is it possible to visit all rollers in just one day or should I buy the flash pass?

I'll be staying in Anaheim. Can I make to the park at 8am if I leave Anaheim at 6am? I’d appreciate if you have some tips!

Sorry about the spelling errors.

I am brasilerio and am learning English

Thank you,

Eduardo Munari.

Is it possible to visit all rollers in just one day or should I buy the fast pass?.

I haven't been myself, but from everything I've heard I would. If you want to ride all the major coasters in one day, if it is a weekday, that may be possible. Once again, I am basing this off of what I heard.

Also, I would not get there before 9 or 9:30.

Edited by Schwarzillard

Good morning, friends.

In addition to always stay updated on new rollers, it is a great base of information with tips and photos of the parks.

I believe you guys know MagicMountain very well, because there are several records of visits

In late August of this year (26/08), I'm going to Los Angeles and I´ll visit Magic Mountain.

Are there big lines on weekdays (28/08) at the park? Is it possible to visit all rollers in just one day or should I buy the flash pass?

I'll be staying in Anaheim. Can I make to the park at 8am if I leave Anaheim at 6am? I’d appreciate if you have some tips!

Thank you,

Eduardo Munari.

It looks like the park is open 10:30am - 6pm on August 28th.

The local school district starts classes on August 14th so I would assume that crowds will be pretty sparse. It should be a good day for riding. I would show up at opening and hit Full Throttle and X2 first thing (since they are not included with the Flash Pass). Then take a look at the lines and see if you think you need a Flash Pass. Talk the park employees also and see what they think. It will be likely that you won't need one.

If you are driving from Anaheim give yourself a good 2 hours to drive the 60 miles through LA traffic. So, leaving at 8AM would be a good idea. There is a restroom outside the gates you can use that is usually open prior to 10:30AM. And I would also suggest buying your ticket online prior to getting there so you don't need to mess with that.

Hopefully a few locals will chime in as well.

I believe this is the schedule for the biggest local school district: William S. Hart Union High School District

Good morning, friends.

Thank you,

Eduardo Munari.

From Anaheim, SFMM is less than 90 minutes with no traffic, but on weekdays the drive time is usually close to two hours. The park typically opens at 10:30 A.M., so I would recommend leaving Anaheim at 8 A.M. You do not want to arrive at the park before 9:30 A.M. as the parking lot likely won't be open and you'll just be waiting in your car for a while.

Some schools will be back in session by the last week of August, but not all of them, so I would guess it won't be dead but won't be overly crowded. You should definitely be able to do all the coasters in one day without the Flash Pass, but you may not have much time for re-rides. I would recommend budgeting for at least the regular Flash Pass, but don't buy it ahead of time. Once you get there, if you find lines longer than 30 minutes for a number of attractions, go get one.

To do all the coasters most efficiently, I would recommend starting at Full Throttle, then go counter-clockwise around the park. Bypass Goliath and Scream and head to Batman and Green Lantern. From there, continue around the park until you get to Tatsu, then climb up the hill, ride Ninja (if it has reopened) and Superman, then go down the back and go around clockwise, picking up Scream, Lex Luthor, Goliath, and the kiddie coasters on your way to X2, Viper, and Revolution. Since the park is only open until 6 P.M., this will probably fill all but maybe an hour of your day, so if you have extra time go re-ride your favorites or ride anything you skipped. If you find yourself running short on time, follow this:

-If you haven't ridden Tatsu by 3 P.M., go immediately to Tatsu, then X2, then Goliath

-If you haven't ridden Goliath by 4 P.M., go immediately to Goliath, then X2

-If you haven't ridden X2 by 5 P.M., make that your next ride

SFMM gets a lot of criticism, but if you're going there just to ride coasters you'll have a good time. Just don't expect to find much else to do there, and be prepared for average service compared to other major parks.

Just got the park newsletter.

Go Fresh Café

Vegetarian and vegan food options including veggie burgers, meatless chick’n strip basket, salads

Is now mentioned by waterfront. Are their really enough population that is vegetarian for them to have a vegetarian restaurant?

Go Fresh Café

Vegetarian and vegan food options including veggie burgers, meatless chick’n strip basket, salads

Is now mentioned by waterfront. Are their really enough population that is vegetarian for them to have a vegetarian restaurant?

Chicken strips can't be called chicken strips if they don't have actual chicken in them

I'd say there are more vegetarians and vegans out there than you'd think. This is probably a smart movie for the park since vegetarians don't have many other options at the park.

Today I was at Great Adventure in New Jersey. Lex Luthor is soooo much better than Zumanjaro! They won't launch Kingda Ka trains if "Zoo" is up or going up. The sway because of Superman makes Lex so much better. Also the ascent on "Zoo" is very slow until you get half way up. Then it speeds up. No speech or any sound when you arrive at the top. Again, another win for Lex. Lastly, the regular, flash pass and single rider lines all merge together at the platform entry = slow single rider movement. Lex wins again with the single rider merge.

how does lex do the single rider? where do they merge them? I did the single rider line on Zumanjaro(4) times, and every time, the standby que goes faster. I wont use it anymore. NJ strict laws suck.

Go Fresh Café

Anywhere else in the country you'd be right, but this is Los Angeles('s park), so yes there definitely are enough vegetarians.

how does lex do the single rider? where do they merge them? I did the single rider line on Zumanjaro(4) times, and every time, the standby que goes faster. I wont use it anymore. NJ strict laws suck.

Yeah I mentioned that issue when I was detailing the single rider lines on the previous page. The reason that happens is because unlike a coaster where you have 2 or 4 seats to a car and you will often have groups of 1 or 3 which leave empty seats for single riders, lex luthor has 2 gondolas that each fit 8 people. This gives the grouping employee lots of options and makes it much easier for them to completely fill the gondola. Filled gondola means no single riders. Thats why I said if the standby queue isn't > 30 minutes, there's no point in going through the single rider line cause the standby line will probably be faster. Even though the single rider line puts you right at the front, you could stand there 20 minutes or more until there's an open spot because most gondolas already leave full.

I'm not sure how many fit at DOD Zumanjaro but the Single line here at Droop of Doom is usually the least crowded wait since you go straight to the merge point. thru the exit. (And the exit queue is in no way near as long as other ones like Green Lantern. Darn I got to get in shape before attempting to use the EXIT line for single riders.

^^^ unpredictable. Rode one time with about a 2 min wait. Next time it was close to 30 min

Thats the nature of a single rider line. How fast it moves depends purely on the grouping in the standby line. The only predictability (or probability) lies in the configuration of the cars. With Riddler you always get on fast because there's 8 rows of 4, that leaves empty seats constantly. Green Lantern has multiple cars with rows of 2 (on each side) so theres often singles. With Lex there's essentially 2 rows of 8, which rarely leaves empty seats depending on the skill of the grouper.

Im pretty sure Zumanjaro uses the same gondolas, its probably 8 across. The single rider lines arent long at all, the only special line thats unusually long is the Goliath Flash Pass queue, that thing is ridiculous.

^^^ unpredictable. Rode one time with about a 2 min wait. Next time it was close to 30 min

Interesting. I never had more then a 5 min wait on single rider line for DOD. I have used the single rider line probably a 50 times for that ride.

Thats the nature of a single rider line. How fast it moves depends purely on the grouping in the standby line. The only predictability (or probability) lies in the configuration of the cars. With Riddler you always get on fast because there's 8 rows of 4, that leaves empty seats constantly. Green Lantern has multiple cars with rows of 2 (on each side) so theres often singles. With Lex there's essentially 2 rows of 8, which rarely leaves empty seats depending on the skill of the grouper.

Where was Riddler's single rider line? I waited over an hour for that coaster while basically every other attraction was a 15 minute wait or less.