TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

I'm getting annoyed how everyone is refering to this ride as a Montu Rip Off. Busch Gardens dosn't own Egyptian themes. It looks to be a great new ride and Parc Asterix has themed it really well and I can't wait to ride it. And at least it's not made by some chinese knock off company.

I'm getting annoyed how everyone is refering to this ride as a Montu Rip Off. Busch Gardens dosn't own Egyptian themes. It looks to be a great new ride and Parc Asterix has themed it really well and I can't wait to ride it. And at least it's not made by some chinese knock off company.

You get annoyed at obvious facts?

I fail to see how its a problem if its a rip off...

If they did say in a meeting "alright guys, what should our next coaster be?" and someone spoke up and mentions Montu and someone says "yea, lets do our own version of this" I really fail to see how its any less in any way. Even creatively. iSpeed and Xcelerator are both top hat, launched coasters to the theme of racing. I can make endless comparisons here.

Yea, its VERY similar to Montu. So? Montu is a fantastic ride. This looks like a fantastic ride. I dont care if they used the same sculptures. Its a great theme and so now instead of 1 in the world theres 2. Whoop-dee-doo.

^Sigh. Once again, no one is saying that it is a problem that they rip-offed Montu. We are simply stating it as a fact. The people that are up in arms in this thread are the ones trying to deny that as a fact.

Edited by ernierocker

I dont see why it being a fact is even worthy of being talked about personally. Blue is one of the primary colors egyptians used. It was considered the color of the heavens. Very precious color as well. Obviously Tan is also a primary for a culture in the middle of the freakin desert.

I just dont see the point either way. Its thousands of miles away. Its an invert and they chose the Egyptian theme. To be honest, I cant see many other color schemes making sense. Busch Gardens did their homework in that regard by going with blue and tan. It wasnt chosen by random I can almost bet on that... And in keeping with that idealogy, Parc Asterix went the same route.

So the whole conversation, for and against is a bit...cant think of a better word but Ill just say - dumb.

^Did you even read the whole thread? Because you are completely taking the whole thing out of context.

Details were slowly released about this ride and each time they were released we joked about how it was similar to Montu. It became a running joke in the thread. No one was putting the ride down, people were just pointing out the similarities in a joking manner. And then certain posters took offense to this and tried to convince everyone otherwise. That, too was comical. It was entertaining. People like to be entertained. That is the whole point of this board. To be entertained while discussing our common hobby/obsession.

Edited by ernierocker

Our article about OzIris at Parc Astérix is now available in English for our international readers. This Bolliger & Mabillard Inverted Coaster is scheduled to open on April 7 and will be part of a brand new Egyptian zone. We met Pascal Fliche (General Manager) and Julien Bertevas (OzIris Concept Designer)

Here : http://www.newsparcs.com/en/article/00005665-oziris_b_m_inverted_coaster_ready_to_immerse_parc_asterix_visitors_into_a_new_egyptian_universe :

From : http://www.newsparcs.com/en/article/00005665-oziris_b_m_inverted_coaster_ready_to_immerse_parc_asterix_visitors_into_a_new_egyptian_universe

The temple, masterpiece of the zone, will symbolize the office of Iris, where the megalomaniac sorcerer is preparing a new hypnotic formula to invite visitors to test the experience of a sort of collective levitation.

The queue will start outside with walkways below the ride before entering inside the temple. The waiting time of the indoor queue will be about 20 minutes and visitors will cross 4 different rooms. They will first visit the sorcerer’s waiting room followed by a showroom where Iris presents its “best realizations”. Visitors will then access a dark labatory with potions and papyrus scrolls before arriving at the experiments room : the station. “The entire queue will be nicely themed, with optical illusions, paintings, reliefs, decorations and other props” explains Julien Bertevas. “Concerning the station, I tried to create a “wow” effect playing on volumes with false perspectives ... I think even those who only come here to ride the coaster will still be surprised by this room! ”

from : www.newsparcs.com/en/article/00005665-oziris_b_m_inverted_coaster_ready_to_immerse_parc_asterix_visitors_into_a_new_egyptian_universe

The queue seems great !

iSpeed and Xcelerator are both top hat, launched coasters to the theme of racing. I can make endless comparisons here.

Xcelerator is coral and seafoam (pink and teal) and themed to 1957 American hot rods, iSpeed is red and grey and themed to modern cars from the mostly-European Formula One.

Both these coasters are teal and beige and themed to the New Kingdom era of ancient Egypt.

What about Xcelerator and Rita? Their colors and theme is pretty much identical. You could add Stealth in there too, different colors but same theme.

But Ill admit, its impossible to think that Parc Asterix didn't have Montu in mind when designing OzIris, however I think its a bit unfair to call it a "rip of"

I like that the coaster is being themed to one of my favorite Astrix characters. The funny hypnotist who tries to hypnotize Astrix and instead looses his concentration and hypnotizes himself. By Osiris and by Atis, you are a wild boar, priceless.

I'll be more than content if they now build a rip off of Kumba too. They can even paint it the same colour scheme... as long as they don't choose a FORCELESS INTAMIN like Cheetah to build a copy, we're safe...

My sources tell me this coaster is the beginning of a grand plot to copy all of busch gardens' coasters. You should expect to see copies of Shiekra, Scorpion, and Gwazi in the coming years....

My sources tell me this coaster is the beginning of a grand plot to copy all of busch gardens' coasters. You should expect to see copies of Shiekra, Scorpion, and Gwazi in the coming years....

This is a joke or are you serious ? lol

• 2 weeks later...