Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

P. 75: Plans filed for a B&M in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:01 pm

alejon wrote:I managed to stumble upon this article by SVT (Swedish public broadcasting company)
It's in Swedish, but what it says is basically that Gröna Lund has applied with a new plan to develop the parking lot and that it will be discussed in the city planning board of Stockholm now.

The plan is to have 2-3 stories tall buildings in classical style around the perimeter with a parking garage underground. Inside of the buildings there will be rides etc. The process of planning everything, including letting everyone have an opinion on the plans is supposed to take about two years. Gröna Lund hopes that the new area will open at around 2020-2021.

Hopefully, Robb will be able to share news about this when he returns from Europe. Mattias and Johan have always been great at utilizing Robb and TPR to promote their plans.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Anac0nda » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:58 am

This is kind of a short notice but I'll be at Gröna Lund tomorrow and at Kolmården on Sunday. I'm traveling solo so if anyone wants to meet up, I'm all up for it! :)

Any tips are welcome as well, especially about where to eat, as it tends to be a bit of a gamble when eating in a foreign park.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:03 pm

Anac0nda wrote:This is kind of a short notice but I'll be at Gröna Lund tomorrow and at Kolmården on Sunday. I'm traveling solo so if anyone wants to meet up, I'm all up for it! :)

Any tips are welcome as well, especially about where to eat, as it tends to be a bit of a gamble when eating in a foreign park.

Aw fellow Finn! I would be there literally the weekened after!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:42 am

Per Gröna Lund's Facebook page, work has begun on Ikaros:
There's also a webcam on the park's site for anyone who wants to follow along with the construction.

I do notice the lenticular is gone. :roll:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:36 pm

^ That looks amazing. The width there, between the buildings, is totally nuts. :smile:

Hand it to Grona Lund. They are the Blackpool of Sweden, in my mind.

And that's a very good thought. :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Ikaros have lost it's building permit, in a very similar manner as Wildfire. It seems to really be raining crap on Parks and Resorts at the moment.

I do not take this to serious though. The Land and Environment court rejected the previous permit due to them finding the noise studies to not be satisfactory. Gröna Lund have now appealed it to the Land and Environment high court (last level).

I do believe they will get the permit very soon, there is no way that Ikaros can make more sound than any attraction they already have, which seems to be what is claimed in the appeal. The court however reject the neighbors will to stop the attraction, they just need a more detailed noise study.

This should be more of a quick fix as compared to the mess going on with Wildfire.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby lond » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Time lapse of the construction of Ikaros 2016-10-13 -> 2016-12-31:

/// Marcus
On Quest for the Holy G Force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:08 am

As of today, the Ikaros webcam has switched from the overhead view looking down at the platform to a new view from the ground. Looks to me like we'll be seeing some vertical construction soon! :)

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:31 pm

Sounds reasonable, everything else is just about done. Only lacking the tower now!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Totopez » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Great news in Sweden today. Gröna Lund has filed plans to build a 700meter long inverted B&M for the season 2020.

The coaster is said to be inspired by Dragon challenge at Universal Orlando.
It will be built near the water, close to where the bumper cars are. It will go all the way over to Jetline. Construction will behov in 2018.

Other news: in 2019, there will be a temporary ride, just for that season. No more clues, but the Mirror hall (or what to call it, Skrattkammaren in Swedish) and some games will go away, st least for a while.

Construction of Ikaros is continuing forward, even though the building permit is still not 100% approved.

I will see if the news comes online today and post later.
See you in Stockholm!

Edit: Full story (in Swedish) here: http://www.dn.se/arkiv/stockholm/gronans-nya-akattraktion-en-hisnande-upplevelse/

Facts according to the article: 111,5 feet high (34 meters), 2297 feet long (700 meters), ride time 2 minutes, top speed 62 mph (100 km/h)
IMG_5228.JPG

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!