TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I'm visiting stockholm for a few days, is it possible to ride jetline and twister as a single rider?

It is not possible. I was there 2 weeks ago for a trip. Unfortunately, you have to wait in the regular line. I was there the last hour of opening on Sunday which closed at around 8pm. I got on Insane, Twister, Jetline, and Fritt Fall, in that order. Insane was the longest line of all of them due to it being the main inverting thrill attraction and the low capacity. Jetline and Twister both were nearly walk-on. Sadly, I didn't have time for Kvasten or Vilda Musen because they shut down the lines 10 minutes before closing to ensure everybody is out of the park. I had quite a dissapointingly short visit, but it was all the time I had in my trip and those rides were small, but all pack quite the punch in their own ways!

I'm visiting stockholm for a few days, is it possible to ride jetline and twister as a single rider?

It is not possible. I was there 2 weeks ago for a trip. Unfortunately, you have to wait in the regular line. I was there the last hour of opening on Sunday which closed at around 8pm. I got on Insane, Twister, Jetline, and Fritt Fall, in that order. Insane was the longest line of all of them due to it being the main inverting thrill attraction and the low capacity. Jetline and Twister both were nearly walk-on. Sadly, I didn't have time for Kvasten or Vilda Musen because they shut down the lines 10 minutes before closing to ensure everybody is out of the park. I had quite a dissapointingly short visit, but it was all the time I had in my trip and those rides were small, but all pack quite the punch in their own ways!

But it's possible to ride as a single person right? Like I don't necessarily need a single rider line, I just want to ride.

But it's possible to ride as a single person right? Like I don't necessarily need a single rider line, I just want to ride.

Yes, of course it is possible! They let a few people inside the station and then you queen up for the seat you want to sit in.

Unfortunately there have ben a tragedy at Gröna Lund.

Last Wednesday a person "fell" from the loading platform of Eclipse. The man landed on a woman below, who was injured but not very seriously.

Tragically the man passed away today from the injuries he got from the fall.

There isn't much info available on the fall, but it's like a cruise ship, you don't "fall" of them. From what I understand the man had finished his ride and jumped, instead of taking the stairs.

I don't know, it sounds a bit like a teenager story of impressing people, or there might have been alcohol involved.

Anyway stuff like this is just so god damn unnecessary!

^I've never been there and I couldn't find decent pictures but I assume the loading platform is elevated, right? Would it in any way be "possible/easy" for you to fall accidentally from there?

^I've never been there and I couldn't find decent pictures but I assume the loading platform is elevated, right? Would it in any way be "possible/easy" for you to fall accidentally from there?

EclipseWebb1.thumb.jpg.f86caf610cc91bd58f95f0bcf0e32ff2.jpg

Yup, it's elevated.

I would say it's 100% impossible to fall from the platform. The platform is also not that tall, so I'm really surprised he passed away.

If he jumped over the railing, to the ground, one of his feet could have caught on the railing itself, causing

him to suddenly go head first to the ground.

If he jumped over the railing, to the ground, one of his feet could have caught on the railing itself, causing

him to suddenly go head first to the ground.

Yes, something like this is probably what happen.

Just so unessesary

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Is there any news on anything new for the park next year or are they just focusing on Wildfire for 2016?

Nothing is known yet, but I don't think there will be anything new att Gröna Lund this year. Parks and Resort are building Wildfire as you said and also Skara Sommarland was without a new attraction for 2015, I think they will get something this year.

To add to this, for those who don't know - Gröna Lund is operated by Parks and Resorts Scandinavia, which also operates the nearby Aquaria aquarium, the Furuvik amusement park and zoo, the Kolmården amusement park and zoo, and Skara Sommerland.