Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

RMC #12, WILDFIRE!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

Postby Pear » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:57 am

^Wicked Cyclone is an extremely temperamental ride. I've had days where it has crawled into the brakes and days where it hauled into the brakes.
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:09 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:What an awesome trip! You may have caught Wicked Cyclone on a bad day. When I rode it back in June, it FLEW into the brakes with tons of speed left. Maybe the weather played a role in your ride? It normally is not like the way you described it.

Pear wrote:Wicked Cyclone is an extremely temperamental ride. I've had days where it has crawled into the brakes and days where it hauled into the brakes.

I'm sure you guys are right, and I caught it on a bad day (despite it being a warm day in July), but I have to rate it on what I rode and not what it should have been, you know?

Even with the ending feeling sluggish on my day, it was still a top-20 coaster. RMC is seriously killing it with their collection of coasters! Every RMC has placed in the top 6% of my coasters
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Loving this thread, and loving the pretty detailed reviews of each coaster. I'm also glad to see that so freaking Outlaw Run is still your number one! :)
Bigger is not always better.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JRice92 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:54 pm

I loving reading these TR's! I think it's so awesome that you've gotten to ride all the RMCs. Love the detail you go into. Keep it up!
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Thanks for posting all of these TRs! I've been on 3 RMCs and all 3 are some of the top coasters that I've been on. I'd rank them as Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, and Storm Chaser. Like you, I also missed Lightning Rod but wasn't even lucky enough to see it testing and fly down that quad down.

As for Wicked Cyclone and Boulder Dash, I think you caught both on bad days. Wicked Cyclone, even on its worst days, has really great airtime until after the last zero-G roll. If it's running well, you'll get some good airtime going into the brake run and on those small hills. If it's running sluggish, the final hills don't really give any air. I think I only got the ride in its sluggish state on a really warm summer day like you. Oddly it ran its fastest on the cooler days. The only "bad" ride I had on Wicked Cyclone was last year when the train vibrated really badly, but thankfully that was fixed and not an issue this year.

Boulder Dash was pretty smooth during the Haunted Graveyard in October and still had its trademark ejector air. The only rough part (and it was really rough) was that triple up.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventure City & Knott's Berry Farm

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:16 pm

Awesome reports! Just wanted to say once again that Cyclone has been very temperamental. For the last two years it has ran its best at the beginning and end of the season, for some reason it does not run very well in the summer. I think it has something to do with the wheels because when it runs poorly it is loud, slow, and vibrates, but when it is running the best it is smooth and rips through the layout. I easily got my best rides on it on closing day this year, even better than it was running on media day imo. Ejector air on every hill including the last hills and tons of speed. It really annoys me how iffy the ride can be but I guess that is the way it is.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:49 am

Lightning Rod.

Like many of you that visited Dollywood in 2016, I was simply out of luck (You can read about that a few pages back). But after hearing more reviews, I knew I must return. That return was this past weekend - Flying across the country to ride this thing. There's never been a coaster I desired to ride more - Wooden, intense, terrain-based, airtime-focused, fast as hell - All the ingredients for MY type of ride. It's been a long two years of anticipation, but I finally got my chance. I was sure that I built this coaster up past any reasonable tier of expectation, but no.

Simply put, this coaster is perfect. 10/10. Instant Classic. Dare I say, the best coaster I've ever ridden?

All it took was one ride to know. It started with the first train of the day in the front car with my friends. As soon as we hit the launch, all stress from the past year dissipated. I was laughing hysterically the whole ride, confused that something this crazy actually exists.

We rode 4 more times and it only got more insane!! Lightning Rod is one of the most intense coasters I've ever ridden, sitting among the Intamin trio: I305, Maverick, and Skyrush. This coaster has the best pacing of any coaster I've ridden. It's unbelievably fast from start to finish and it never ever lets up. The full drop in the back seat is the perfectly sustained ejector. The wave turn is way better than expected, pulling you in directions that don't make sense. The "twist and shout" hill is almost too intense. That quad down is the best thing I have ever experienced on a ride. The airtime is beyond forceful - you're being ripped from the train with such force that the entire element became a blurry haze of intense airtime! The "non-inverted half loop" has the craziest positives RMC has ever attempted.

Lightning Rod is truly my dream coaster, and I can't believe that it's real! If you like airtime, and haven't ridden Lightning Rod, you NEEED to! Not only is this my favorite wood coaster, it's my favorite roller coaster EVER.

My current RMC rankings:
1. Lightning Rod
2. Outlaw Run
3. Medusa Steel Coaster
4. Iron Rattler
5. Twisted Colossus
6. New Texas Giant
7. Joker
8. Storm Chaser
9. Wicked Cyclone
10. Goliath

...Only missing Wildfire now.

We also had a couple more days to do other fun stuff in the Southeast this weekend so we did SFOG and SeaWorld Orlando! Mako was excellent, one of the best B&M hypers - the first half is amazing in the front row! Incredibly re-rideable coaster!
IMG_9422.JPG
[RMC #10] Back to Tennessee. All is quiet before the storm.
IMG_9462.JPG
You really can't see much of this coaster from the park. I love the terrain interaction
IMG_9427.JPG
Watching people riding is a sight for sore eyes.
IMG_9438.JPG
Here's the station, simply-themed, but it works!
IMG_9458.JPG
Can't get enough of this view. That launch is so nice
IMG_9429.JPG
It's stupid how fast the train comes careening down this element.
IMG_9440.JPG
As much of a meme it is, Cinnamon Bread seriously is the second best thing in the park. I had the most heavenly morning of my life between this and Lightning Rod.
IMG_9449.JPG
Here's the team, CA to TN. So worth it!
IMG_9446.JPG
It's basically impossible to get any other pictures, but here's another one! I love how green everything is out here!
IMG_9453.JPG
The train travels up this element faster than seems possible. Crazy positives into airtime to end this magnificent ride.
IMG_9466.JPG
Sunday morning we drove down to Atlanta. I LOVE the location of this coaster right outside the park.
IMG_9468.JPG
But the forecast was stormy and not looking good.
IMG_9471.JPG
Testing is a good sign though. We ended up with a couple rides on this before it shut down for the rest of the day. Not as fast as I remember from 2012, but still one of the better hypers! These last airtime hills are so fun!
IMG_9473.JPG
This thing was hauling in the rain, Super enjoyable ride.

PS - I didn't get a picture of GA Cyclone, but that thing was hauling also! The drop off the turn around above the station in the back is one of the gnarliest moments of airtime after. It bruised me so bad that I still have a limp 3 days later...
IMG_9481.JPG
Boring. Slow. Lame.

Overall our day was cut short by a huge storm. We rode 7/11 coasters and unfortunately missed Mind Bender. We will get it next time!
IMG_9521.JPG
Monday morning we made the quick 6-hour drive through Trump-land to get to SeaWorld for a couple hours before dropping off the rental and flying home!
IMG_9508.JPG
Our goal was to ride Mako a few times. Oh my god, this coaster is a LOT of fun!
IMG_9493.JPG
Just slightly exhausted, but thrilled to be here!
IMG_9496.JPG
The first half of this ride in the front row is so damn good. Sustained floater over that first hill. And that speed hill is amazing!
IMG_9523.JPG
SeaWorld is so good at making their coasters fit naturally in the park.

We got 12 rides over the 2.5 hours at the park!
IMG_9533.JPG
And one ride on this guy!
IMG_9543.JPG
Easily the most photogenic coaster ever!

Up next: Who knows? Mean Streak? Wildfire? Hurler? Something Else? We will see.
Last edited by chickenbowl on Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 am.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

X > X2

Postby X2coasterfreak » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:11 am

This weekend was a total blast! I still can't get over how perfect Lightning Rod was, seriously I don't think there is a better succession of elements on a coaster anywhere. And that quad down is without a doubt my favorite element anywhere, I can't even believe that amount of airtime exists. New #1 without a doubt!
Credit Count: 393
322 Steel 71 Wood

Intimidator 305/Skyrush/Maverick/Expedition GeForce/Fury 325
Lightning Rod/Outlaw Run/Phoenix/El Toro/Wildfire

Antonio Drum Master

Postby CoasterCrazy88 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 pm

After so much time spent in anticipation, and POVs watched more times than I can count, I entirely expected Lightning Rod to be my #1 wooden coaster. Nevertheless, I didn't feel like it would beat Intimidator 305 as my favorite coaster of all time, and I was totally okay with that. None of us do combined lists anyway, so it really wouldn't matter... or so I thought. I was wrong. This coaster is truly perfect. Each element is excellent, and every second of the ride is without flaw. The Twist and Shout is incredible in so many ways, and the quad down is unlike anything I've experienced in my life. I feel so fortunate to have gotten five rides, but even that was not enough. I really don't think I could ever get "enough" Lightning Rod... I could visit Dollywood every year and anticipate my rides as though I'd been waiting a decade.

Dollywood's slogan is "Love Every Moment", and that is absolutely the way I feel when I'm on Lightning Rod. I think every RMC I've ridden is highly enjoyable, but none have delivered like this one. All that's left for us to ride is Wildfire... Until the next ones pop up. This era of coaster construction is so exciting; I can't wait to see what RMC creates over the next few years and beyond, and I'm even more excited to keep traveling around and experiencing them together!
Coaster Count: 482
Top 5 Steels: Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Maverick, Fury 325, Medusa Steel Coaster
Top 5 Woods: Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, El Toro, Phoenix, Voyage

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TranceFan138 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:44 pm

This review sums up y feelings exactly. Lightning Rod is unreal! I think the only coaster I've ridden that has stronger airtime is Skyrush, so the airtime on Lightning Rod is pretty much as good as it gets imo! Best coaster I've ever ridden no question! So happy that we finally got on this coaster. It crushed all my massively high expectations :airtime:
Top 5 Wood: 1. Lightning Rod 2. Phoenix 3. Outlaw Run 4. El Toro 5. Voyage
Top 5 Steel: 1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Skyrush 4. Fury 325 5. New Texas Giant
Coaster Count = 363

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!