Cedar Fair Development Discussion Thread

P. 102: CF releases Annual Report - Enthusiasts overanalyze
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Cedar Fair Development Discussion Thread

Postby WestCoasterKing » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:25 pm

^ Yes.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Traditional log flume or bust.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:09 pm

chickenbowl wrote:https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/when-intamin-visits

Could this blog entry about Intamin and Cedar Fair recently celebrating their shared history at Cedar Point be a sign that Intamin is indeed the "renewed relationship" company we're looking at? Thoughts?

I don't think so . . .
An excerpt from the blog. wrote:A few weeks ago, our GM Jason tweeted a cryptic photo - and I know many of you tried to figure out what was going on.
Are we getting a new ride? Are we planning for the future? Did Jason just want a nice lunch at Bay Harbor??
Well, the answer is, none of those.

They were basically there dropping off a book.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:53 am

prozach626 wrote:Traditional log flume or bust.

Puhleeeease? Not sure if a log flume is on the board or where it is on the hierarchy of future plans, but I hope it's in the works. A log flume can have a pretty versatile layout, so there should be plenty of opportunities to put it in.
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:26 pm

I've been thinking about the name "The Edge" the past couple days. What are the odds it could be for a new-generation Tilt coaster (Gravity Max)? G-Max may be pretty much a one-trick pony, but it's a hell of a trick. And it's the kind of trick that could make a bad name like "The Edge" work.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby defrocker » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:25 am

Looks like Cedar Fair didn't have the strongest of questers, earnings wise. Revenues seem to remain strong. According to the call they don't seem to be concerned, although shareholders didn't seem to agree. It seems the overall outlook is not too bad, and I'd imagine some announcements here in the next couple weeks won't hurt the situation.

Cedar Fair misses by $0.52, misses on revs

4:04 AM ET 8/2/17 | Briefing.com
Reports Q2 (Jun) earnings of $0.55 per share, $0.52 worse than the Capital IQ Consensus of $1.07; revenues rose 1.2% year/year to $392.8 mln vs the $405.78 mln Capital IQ Consensus.Attendance for the month of July was up 2%, or 106,000 visits.
The Company declared a quarterly cash distribution of $0.855 per Limited Partner unit payable September 15, 2017, consistent with its annualized rate of $3.42 per LP unit.Cedar Fair remains confident in its long-term business strategy and expects 2017 to be another record year.Co also announced the declaration of a cash distribution of $0.855 per LP unit, which is consistent with its targeted annualized distribution rate of $3.42 per LP unit. The distribution will be paid on September 15, 2017 to unitholders of record as of September 6, 2017.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Rougarou » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:41 am

Question: Has anyone heard of any rides that Cedar Fair purchased from their procurement trip to Japan?

If memory serves correct this was the trip taken after Europe.

It would be interesting to find out.

Some of these rides could show in 2018????

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:33 am

After the three official RMC announcements made yesterday for 2018 Cedar Fair sure started the RMC relationship with a bang. Have to give them credit for going big with a hot manufacturer of innovative and very fun rides. Hopefully this continues and reaches some of the smaller parks like WOF, VF and MiA. The Raptor track at CGA gives me some hope.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:04 pm

RCjunkie wrote:After the three official RMC announcements made yesterday for 2018 Cedar Fair sure started the RMC relationship with a bang. Have to give them credit for going big with a hot manufacturer of innovative and very fun rides. Hopefully this continues and reaches some of the smaller parks like WOF, VF and MiA. The Raptor track at CGA gives me some hope.

I feel it's too much capital for those 3 parks.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby WOFanatic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:22 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
RCjunkie wrote:After the three official RMC announcements made yesterday for 2018 Cedar Fair sure started the RMC relationship with a bang. Have to give them credit for going big with a hot manufacturer of innovative and very fun rides. Hopefully this continues and reaches some of the smaller parks like WOF, VF and MiA. The Raptor track at CGA gives me some hope.

I feel it's too much capital for those 3 parks.

Well then you're going to be very surprised once 2019 rolls around
Favorites: 1. Maverick 2. Outlaw Run 3. Rougarou 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. Shockwave (SFOT) 7. Prowler 8. American Thunder 9. Batman 10. Mamba 11. Gatekeeper 12. Gemini 13. Valravn 14. Millennium Force 15. Powder Keg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!