SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 41: Turtle Reef area to be added in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:37 pm

I see that nothing has been posted lately about the new Point Reserve or sea lion habitat. I'm thinking about making a trip here in March. I just wanted to know will the new habitat be done and finished. I heard this is a great park. It may lack thrill rides, but I was told Steel Eel and Great White make up for it.
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:03 am

I was wondering do anybody know how crowds usually be in March when visiting Seaworld San Antonio? I know this thread has been lacking attention, but if anyone come across it let me know. I plan on being there Mar. 21. It's the weekend after Spring break.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:38 am

^ Crowds will probably not be that bad. Even if it is busy, the two coasters never have a line. Steel Eel is definitely worth riding a few times. I doubt the new area or show will be open by March.

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:52 pm

/\ Aww. I was really hoping to see that new area for the park. Oh well. I might have a change of plans. Nothing was set in stone just yet. Thanks!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:21 pm

I wonder will this park get any new coasters in the future? :|

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:41 am

Just announced for 2016. Looks like Discovery Cove.
@SeaWorldTexas: Here it is...in 2016 we open Discovery Point, the new hub for dolphin, beluga and sea lion swim programs. #MoreToSea

image.jpg

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:15 am

I think this park has the most growth potential of all the parks under the SEAS umbrella. There's tremendous growth in Texas and outside of Six Flags and smaller attractions There's nothing major.
Heck, they should look at a new Busch Gardens in the area.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby colinx » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:18 am

I agree SWT easily has the most potential for growth out of all the parks due to it's size. Their wording on this "Discovery Point" is very confusing though, is this a completely new complex for Belugas, dolphins and Sea Lions or is this just a rebranding of an existing program. Yes, I know they're building a new dolphin lagoon but is that included for belugas as well?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Meangreen16 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:48 pm

colinx wrote:I agree SWT easily has the most potential for growth out of all the parks due to it's size. Their wording on this "Discovery Point" is very confusing though, is this a completely new complex for Belugas, dolphins and Sea Lions or is this just a rebranding of an existing program. Yes, I know they're building a new dolphin lagoon but is that included for belugas as well?

Maybe I can try to clear this up. Dolphin Cove is going to be closing down towards the end of the month to make way for a new dolphin exhibit. The current exhibit is going to double in size and have an under water viewing area, just like Orlando. They will (most likely) continue doing the current dolphin touch programs where you get that guaranteed touch with a dolphin.

They are going to be building a brand new complex that will house the 3 interaction programs. SeaWorld currently offers the Beluga and Sea Lion interaction in their back pools. This new complex will be specifically designed for these programs and will (most likely) be open for everyone to watch. There will be 3 separate area for Beluga Bay, Sea Lion Shallows, and Dolphin Lagoon. You can expect this to feel a lot like Discovery Cove in orlando.
Enjoy the shows

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:27 am

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/SeaWorld-San-Antonio-to-close-portion-of-park-for-6119038.php

SeaWorld San Antonio, as part of a multimillion-dollar expansion project, will close the northern portion of the park to guests starting later this month to make room for a new dolphin exhibit and attraction.

The West Side theme park on Friday announced the temporary closure as it unveiled details for the habitat, which will feature underwater viewing windows and a dolphin swim experience.

Starting March 23, access to Dolphin Cove and the park’s sharks and coral reef attractions will remain closed until construction crews complete the project in May 2016, according to a news release.

SeaWorld will nearly double the water volume of its dolphin pools to more than 600,000 gallons and install large viewing panes below the water’s surface so guests can watch the mammals swim and play, the release reads.

Guests also can visit Discovery Point, a new animal interaction program, to swim with bottlenose dolphins and learn about dolphin behavior and communication.

Paid reservations must be made for the program, according to the release, and participants must be at least 6 years old.

“Up until now, we’ve only offered this experience in Orlando so this will make it much more accessible to guests in our region,” Dan Decker, president of the park, said in a statement.

Last August, SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. announced it would undertake massive expansion and renovation projects at all three of its theme parks.

It will build tanks for orcas that hold 10 million gallons of water -- almost twice the size of the current tanks.

Set to open this spring at the San Antonio park, a new California sea lion exhibit dubbed Pacific Point Preserve will resemble a Pacific Coast town and offer a new sea lion show and food-court-style restaurant serving four types of cuisine.
image.jpg
Starting March 23, access to Dolphin Cove and the park’s sharks and coral reef attractions will remain closed until construction crews complete the project in May 2016, according to a news release.
image.jpg
SeaWorld San Antonio is to see construction of a new dolphin habitat. The changes will feature a coastal theme.
image.jpg
SeaWorld San Antonio plans to add room, starting next February, for new orca and dolphin habitats, part of a $30 million project.
image.jpg
image.jpg
SeaWorld San Antonio next spring will unveil a renovated sea lion exhibit, called Pacific Point Preserve, that will include a new show. The park's current sea lion show, "The Cannery Row Caper," will end its nine-year run on Sept. 1. Courtesy SeaWorld Entertainment Inc.
image.jpg
SeaWorld San Antonio's new sea lion exhibit will include a restaurant with food-court-style service with up to four styles of cuisine. It will debut next to the Pacific Point Preserve habitat in spring 2015. Courtesy SeaWorld Entertainment Inc.
image.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:16 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!