Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 645 - Batman: The Ride Roller Coaster for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:37 am

New Dare Devil Chaos Coaster Coming to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in 2015

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/attractions/dare-devil-chaos/overview

VALLEJO, Calif. ― August 28, 2014 ― What goes around, comes around, and in the case of the new Dare Devil Chaos Coaster opening at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, guests will find an exciting new thrill ride guaranteed to get their adrenaline pumping.

Dare Devil Chaos Coaster is a single looping coaster that builds anticipation as riders seated back to back travel backwards and forwards until momentum takes them at top speed revolutions, only to stop upside down at 70 feet high and reverse direction.

“This is a great new addition to our line-up of world class rides and attractions, and is sure to be fun for all," said Don McCoy, park president. “What appears to be a simple track is really complex and riders will have a great time anticipating the inversion they know is coming."

Dare Devil Chaos Coaster features:

24 seats set in true face-off fashion, with guests seated back to back and face to face
360 degree revolutions
7 stories in height
Inverted hang time with riders suspended upside down

The new ride brings the number of coasters at the park to nine along with Medusa, Roar, V2, Kong, Boomerang, Cobra, Road Runner Express and SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight. Dare Devil is expected to open in spring 2015.

daredevilchaoscoasterlogo.jpg
news_daredevilchaossfdk.jpg
vid_daredevil1.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:23 am.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:50 am

Well it is a rollercoaster and if it draws people away from roar, sky screamer and Superman i'm all for it.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:59 am

^No, no it's not...
Yankee Cannonball <3

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby aCoasterStory » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:20 am

I appreciate how they took the time to craft the logo to make it really unique...

ImageImage[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe4eae113273e4d0a98298b9baf940f3.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/c4cf17bf527e6833157bf159cfe53ac7.jpg[/img][/url]

No longer TPR's Rock Band expert!

Postby thrillgeek » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:50 am

I love the fact that they're getting a new ride. This however is way too much like Hammer Head Shark and is clearly not a roller coaster. Unless they're taking out hammer head I think this is a mistake to add a carnival ride like this to a theme park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:16 am

^Well Hammerhead is old, they could take it out any day now. Maybe that'll be the site of the next new ride?

I don't like that they're calling this a coaster, I definitely won't be counting it as one.

I'm willing to suspend judgement for now until this thing opens. Maybe it'll be a good addition to the park. Looks like it's going over behind V2? Seems like a good place for another ride.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 am

But, I'm positive it will be listed as a coaster. It's just a way for them to list it as a new one.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:20 am

Looks like a decent flat ride, however i'm still amazed that they're promoting this and the rest of them as coasters. And yeah, that's just an edited Dare Devil Dive logo.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby coasternate » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:53 am

I'm sorta disappointed. It is a carnival flat ride, not a coaster, and it's just like Hammerhead. Luckily, Twisted Colossus looks awesome.
I love Disney parks and RMCs. Bay Area

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Noporian » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:28 am

A good reason to be disappointed is that six flags is not adding any variety by adding like 4 of these things into their park on the same year

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!