Switch to full style
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Post a reply

Anime?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:38 am

A friend got me to watch anime again.. I really like some of the stuff he has!
There are two little-known series that I really enjoyed, 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' and 'Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi'.

My friend sent me this video/song too. It really got me to wonder about anime somewhat. Maybe it's not so bad? I'm starting to like the whole Anime scene again. After a few rabid fangirls took what little liking for it away, I've started to grow an appreciation for it again.

Oh, and here's the theme song for EVA, as they call it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW8FhpPhWpE&eurl=

Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:02 pm

Lets see. I like:
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
FullMetal Alchemist
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL
S-cry-ed
Lupin The 3rd (shut up, thats so anime)
Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell: The Stand Alone Complex

Thats really all I can think of right off the top of my head for now.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:19 pm

Lupin is cool!

And so is Case Closed. :3

Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:35 pm

only ones I like where

Birdy the mighty
Spirited away
The cat returns

Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:39 pm

^Cat Returns was one of the most disturbing psycho animes I've ever seen. We watched that last semester while I worked on my coaster stippling project.

I don't really watch anime but I do like drawing random anime people however.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:28 pm

I enjoy anime, I don't get to watch enough of it.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:01 pm

I think anime is dumb. The only anime I watched and liked was the Animatrix. I guess I just don't get the whole japanese thing.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:35 pm

Anime rules! I've seen a lot, although I don't Anime as much as I used to.

Any Anime with Evan in it's title is fine with me. :b

Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:57 pm

OMG!! EVANGELION IS GOD!!

Thats the only anime I own and I love it!!
That song is awesome too!!

I like other animes aswell. There is something about anime that has this kick ass charm to it!! It's just so freekin sweet!! ;)

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:04 pm

About two years ago I was OBSESSED with anime. Not just Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, but I was already downloading One Piece and Naruto with subtitles (the japanese versions of both are about a thousand times better than the english, btw.)

I still own my good anime/manga (Akira, Spirited Away, Endless Waltz, Samurai X, etc.) but I'm not nearly as into it as before.

And it's hard to get my friends to take good anime seriously. They always associate "japanimation" with big heads, sweat drops, crazy facial expressions, etc. when these stories are just as complex and intriuging as (or sometimes better than) live action movies.

Oops, I just relized that this topic is a repeat: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20279&start=0
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS