New TPR Forum Ads

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

New TPR Forum Ads

Postby robbalvey » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:52 am

We are working with a new ad company. Things are still a bit all over the place so give us a day or two to get things tweaked and working better! Thanks for your patience!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: New TPR Forum Ads

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks for letting us know, Robb...I noticed it immediately at the bottom of my browser and wondered if I had clicked on something that I shouldn't have! ;)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Everything is almost in place now. I do apologize that we have more ads than before, but the reality of the situation is that as online websites and forums are becoming less and less visited in favor of social media (which there are plenty of ads there, too) we have had to work with different ad companies that can help us bring in more money.

The alternative is to not have the forum anymore and I'm sure that's not really what anyone here wants.

There is still a bit more tweaking to do with ad banner sizes and some consistency, and while we do have more ad placements, don't worry... I'm not planning to do any obnoxious "pop ups in the middle of the screen" ads, things you can't click out of. We'll have the sticky ad at the bottom and you can at least click out of that one to remove it while you're on a page.

Really, other than that all I ask is for your understanding and to "get used to it" and know that having these ads will help keep the forum around longer.

Thank you.

Postby bert425 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:19 am

hmm. . . granted, haven't been on much the past couple of weeks (just slammed at work, which always happens towards year end/holidays). . . but I'm not seeing any ads.

like at all?

is my ad blocker just working really well? or am i going to get a message along the lines of "we see you're using an ad blocker, please turn it off" ?

TPR is one of the few sites where I'd actually do a monthly subscription to support (as some sites do). . so just wondering.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:32 am

bert425 wrote:TPR is one of the few sites where I'd actually do a monthly subscription to support (as some sites do). . so just wondering.

That's really what Club TPR is for. I don't really have a way to turn on or off ads per individual user and installing something like that would be costly. So it would be counter productive. If you're not seeing ads, then it sounds like your problem is already resolved?

Postby bert425 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:38 pm

robbalvey wrote:
bert425 wrote:TPR is one of the few sites where I'd actually do a monthly subscription to support (as some sites do). . so just wondering.

That's really what Club TPR is for. I don't really have a way to turn on or off ads per individual user and installing something like that would be costly. So it would be counter productive. If you're not seeing ads, then it sounds like your problem is already resolved?

yah. .must mean I have a good ad blocker (my Hubby works in tech, so he's my inhouse support. . LOL, no idea what blocker I have that he set up).

to be clear, I don't have an issue even if seeing ads -- anything to support the site :). . .
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks for the update! No issue with the ads as long as it's something done by you guys. I was worried I had a virus. Keep up the great work.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Pedrinho » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:20 am

Yeah, I was also wondering. Nice from you, Robb, to inform us.

I do sometimes have ads, sometimes not. We're not allowed having ad blockers at work, so I just will get used to it. :)
The one thing I really dislike ar the ads between the posts. They are somehow uncomfortable. For the others on the side or the bottom, I don't care.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:15 am

Pedrinho wrote:The one thing I really dislike ar the ads between the posts. They are somehow uncomfortable.

Like I said, the alternative is not having the TPR forum anymore and I can focus on social media instead which is where the majority of our traffic is now anyway. My only suggestion if it really bothers you that much is to simply follow us on social media (and there are ads there, too) or get used to it.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:38 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:The one thing I really dislike ar the ads between the posts. They are somehow uncomfortable.

Like I said, the alternative is not having the TPR forum anymore and I can focus on social media instead which is where the majority of our traffic is now anyway. My only suggestion if it really bothers you that much is to simply follow us on social media (and there are ads there, too) or get used to it.

Hi Robb, thanks for your reply :)
I really didn't mean it so bad. It's just the only thing I'd change if I could. Nothing that would prevent me from being on the forums anyways.
Just keep on giong, we all will get used to the ads sooner or later. ;)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!