Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Postby Haymaker » Wed May 22, 2019 6:46 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:UFO, Crazy Quilt (Rodeo Roundup? Or was that Corn Popper? What was crazy quilts new name? ), SeaStorm (Raging Seas )(back when they manually controlled the spinning direction not the crappy automatic version) and NIGHTMARE @ Phantom Cave were all great rides. I thought Nightmare was dumb as a kid (or maybe the 6 hour wait tainted my opinion) but if it were still at the park today I think I'd feel positively of it.

Pray for the light of day.

Rodeo RoundUp was Corn Popper's other name. Crazy Quilt was removed when they built the Emporium and they moved Lasso there. Crazy Quilt's cars made a Halloween appearance about 10 yrs ago.

Postby Haymaker » Wed May 22, 2019 7:32 pm

Old pics
1bcba4918e0c7710e651f8a3c6ee8bb1.jpg
168054_498324584636_924043_n.jpg
63316_442674784636_4340043_n.jpg

Postby DarienPoint » Wed May 22, 2019 7:34 pm

I miss Carnvile(?), it was cool that they brought defunct ride cars/pieces out, it was nostalgic.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 am

^ I used to love the old vibe that Fright Fest had leading up to the event. Like how they had the Fright Night Field Trip busses scattered throughout the park playing the random Halloween sounds and adding to the atmosphere in late August. I wonder if they’ll do anything similar to that in the weeks leading up to the event this year - but I’m not gonna be holding out for anything. Only time will tell what they accomplish this time around
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Sam826 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:25 am

TheAmericanKnight wrote:To everyone who typically posts here, what are your favorite defunct Six Flags Darien Lake / Darien Lake rides?

I'll start by saying that my pick is a tie between UFO and Twister.

RANGER!!!!

Anyone who knows me in real life would probably automatically know who I am; from just that.

Postby Haymaker » Thu May 23, 2019 9:06 am

SbSteveZ wrote:^ I used to love the old vibe that Fright Fest had leading up to the event. Like how they had the Fright Night Field Trip busses scattered throughout the park playing the random Halloween sounds and adding to the atmosphere in late August. I wonder if they’ll do anything similar to that in the weeks leading up to the event this year - but I’m not gonna be holding out for anything. Only time will tell what they accomplish this time around

There were a few displays last year

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Fri May 24, 2019 8:07 am

^ this is true. However I was referring to the nostalgia of the Fright Night Field Trip busses specifically. I don’t believe there was any large haunt experience like that last year and also as a result no large set pieces scattered throughout the park to advertise it.

There was signage in the areas that had scare zones and mazes but not much else. And that’s fine because they only had 3 months and what I’d assume was a pretty limited budget to get that event up and running. Now that they’ll have a full year, I’m hopeful (and I know others are too) that this year’s Fright Fest will be better and hopefully continue to improve.

Still no word on Holiday in the Park, but I’d assume if that were to be a thing, we’d find out in August with all the other new stuff Six Flags announces all at once.
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Fri May 24, 2019 12:57 pm

TheAmericanKnight wrote:To everyone who typically posts here, what are your favorite defunct Six Flags Darien Lake / Darien Lake rides?

Since most of my favorite rides are still at Darien Lake like Viper, Scrambler, Superman, and Tornado, I do some favorite Darien Lake rides that are gone as well. The defunct rides that I've rode will be in bold lettering.

* Raging Seas
* 'Cuda Falls
* Floodgate Falls
* Rainbow Mountain (Cuda's predecessor)
* Cascade Canyon
* Crazy Quilt
* UFO
* Ranger
* Nightmare at Phantom Cave.
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Wagon127 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:50 am

Saw this just outside the predator. Does anybody know what ride this was previously from?
20190524_190541.jpg

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Sat May 25, 2019 5:00 pm

Wagon127 wrote:Saw this just outside the predator. Does anybody know what ride this was previously from?

I think maybe the submarine ride in kiddie land, but I'm not sure.
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!