Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: dj snow and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby rcmfidl123 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:01 am

It's no longer listed on Ital International's website, but it did say previously that Over the Falls was indeed SOLD...I know this is the Darien Lake thread (I wish there was an MFI thread, especially for the fact that they have a decent investment plan for 2015) but the possibilities for it's eventual replacement are endless! I do think a custom Hyper-GTX from Chance Rides would be perfect since they have the log flume space completely available plus additional acreage to play around with.

So with the fact that MFI is adding 2 new rides in 2015, maybe 3, and likely has a Silver Comet sized or bigger investment coming in the near future, this is a park I actually recommend keeping your eyes and ears open for some BIG news soon!

And in regards to the "maybe 3" in my post, did anyone hear anything else about 2015 at MFI (excluding Rock N' Roll and the unnamed Drop N' Twist tower, except for height info on the latter)?
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3ffd96f2d9d942056367ecb07011444f.jpg[/img][/url]

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:36 pm

rcmfidl123 wrote:It's no longer listed on Ital International's website, but it did say previously that Over the Falls was indeed SOLD...I know this is the Darien Lake thread (I wish there was an MFI thread, especially for the fact that they have a decent investment plan for 2015) but the possibilities for it's eventual replacement are endless! I do think a custom Hyper-GTX from Chance Rides would be perfect since they have the log flume space completely available plus additional acreage to play around with.

So with the fact that MFI is adding 2 new rides in 2015, maybe 3, and likely has a Silver Comet sized or bigger investment coming in the near future, this is a park I actually recommend keeping your eyes and ears open for some BIG news soon!

And in regards to the "maybe 3" in my post, did anyone hear anything else about 2015 at MFI (excluding Rock N' Roll and the unnamed Drop N' Twist tower, except for height info on the latter)?

Here is the deal with Discussion Threads, myself or another moderator will create one for a smaller park is one of two conditions exist.

1) The park announces a really big ride. Someone starts a thread about the addition. We will let the discussion revolve around the ride for a bit then the moderators turn it into a Park Discussion Thread.

2) If over the years we see multiple news thread for an individual park, then we will aggregate them into a Park Discussion Thread. It's pretty telling that park has two news rides for 2015 and no one took the effort to make a new thread to discuss. That tells me and the other moderators that a Discussion Thread isn't necessary at this time.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Larry, since both Darien Lake and MFI are relatively close to each other would it be possible to have a combined thread to cover both parks, especially since MFI has seen a lot more activity these past few years compared to Darien?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby SaraAB87 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Over the falls seemed to have a very negative perception with the guests, the guests didn't like it and it didn't hold enough people. If they made it an extra charge attraction that would have caused a nightmare because no one would have paid to go on it, do you pay for those extra charge attractions at the fair that aren't included with a wristband...... I know I never have. Plus they would also lose the ability to advertise the park as all inclusive and affordable. Everyone just wanted the old ugly log ride back. I think MFI should stick with the family friendly theme instead of trying to install the biggest and the best.

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:41 pm

I need some help on information on some old water slides that were at Darien Lake, but are not longer there. They were located behind 'Cuda Falls where Slingshot is now. The slides operated from 1990 to 1998 an were removed in 1999. If anyone has information and/or photos of the old slides that would be heplful for me.
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

Postby DarienLaker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:38 am

Darien Lake is planning going to get a 73 foot tall Larson Giant Loop ride to replace UFO. The site where I got the article from saying that it's a "roller coaster".

m.whec.com/article.html#!/114284/32072782307fdcff239fc5d21c7ac663

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:26 am

Not surprised they picked up a Larson ride, considering Premier bought a set of flyers from them last year for FC and was able to get them installed in a hurry before the season started. Good combination of affordability and quick delivery/installation for this situation.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby woolandmammoth » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:25 am

Seems like these Larson Ring-of-fire things are the new giant swing rides. I mean, how many of these things are going up this year?

Hopefully Larson starts making larger ones. Would be cool if these things started getting giant.

Postby DarienLaker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:26 pm

I could imagine Martin's Fantasy Island getting a 400 foot tall Larson Super/Giant Loop ride and Seabreeze getting a 300 foot foot tall Larson Super/Giant Loop ride. But still I think the loop ride should have gone in where 'Cuda Falls was!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby coasterjohnh » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Woop De Do

I'm still not going there. The place sucks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!