Holiday Park Discussion Thread

P. 73: New indoor area (including a Zierer coaster) for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

11 Year old girl dies at Holiday Park, Germany

Postby flaffstar99 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:41 am

http://m.bild.de/news/inland/freizeitparks/maedchen-stirbt-in-freizeitpark-37263806,variante=S,wantedContextId=17410084.bildMobile.html
3,c=0,w=788,q=high.bild.jpg

News story translated:
Haßloch - Drama at the amusement park: An eleven year old girl came on Friday morning at the Holiday Park in Haßloch (Kreis Bad Durkheim) died.

Police said that the girl against 11.39 clock in the Carousel "Spinning Barrels" from Hesse: I (to German rotating barrels) suffered such severe head injuries that the paramedics could only determine the child's death.

Apparently, the eleven year old was pounced on a rotating platform and was then dragged from the ride. The mother, who had visited the park with her daughter, had to watch all this!

According to police, she suffered a shock, is supervised by emergency chaplains.

The Frankenthal prosecutor determined yet how it could come exactly to the tragic accident. The Holiday Park will still be open regularly according to a spokeswoman.

Well, the headline sais it all. Today at 11:39am In the Holiday Park in germany died a girl (11) on the flat ride "spinning barrels". She got stuck in one of the four "plates" that were moving. How this could happen is not clear until now. my thoughts are with the family :( thats horrible..
The sources are in german... Sorry for the bad english.
Last edited by flaffstar99 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:47 am.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Re: Holiday Park Discussion Thread

Postby rcjp » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:17 pm

^Oh that's terrible to hear. I too wonder how this happened. I guess we'll have to wait.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:07 am

^^ That is awful news. So sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with her family. Hopefully all of those who had to witness this will be able to recover and not me to mentally scarred from it.
Bigger is not always better.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:02 am

Sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with the victim's family and Holiday Park.

Does anyone know who the manufacturer of this ride is?

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:58 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Does anyone know who the manufacturer of this ride is?

Huss Breakdance 4.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SadFather » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:44 am

Well...the little girl who died was my Daughter. I'm being advised to keep silent online about the incident. But I know exactly how it happened and I will be posting the entire story in due time....

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby eastcoast » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:33 am

My condolences and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Looks like Expedition Geforce will finally receive a proper station for next season!

Or at least a roof. It's a bit hard to speculate what it actually means, but knowing Plopsa I'm sure it will be a proper themed station.

It is decided... For next year, we will give our award winning G Force coaster a roof in the entrance station :)

Source
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:14 pm

_koppen wrote:Looks like Expedition Geforce will finally receive a proper station for next season!

Or at least a roof. It's a bit hard to speculate what it actually means, but knowing Plopsa I'm sure it will be a proper themed station.

It is decided... For next year, we will give our award winning G Force coaster a roof in the entrance station :)

Source

If anything that will just make the ride staff happy! It really does stuck working on a ride with an exposed station when its raining!

I rummage through Intamin's garbage

Location: Switzerland, 5 miles away from Intamin's main location

Postby K1ngdaKa88 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:12 am

I can't wait to go there next week! I'm so excited about that! My first time on Expedition GeForce!
Count: 372 (341 Steel & 31 Wood) 79 Parks
Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Lech Coaster (Legendia) 3. Shambhala (Port Aventura) 4. Taron (Phantasialand) 5. Kärnan (Hansa Park)
Woodies: 1. Wildfire (Kolmården) 2. Troy (Toverland) 3. White Lightning (Fun Spot) 4. Colossos (Heide Park) 5. El Toro (Freizeitpark Plohn)
Sorry if my English isn't perfect, I'm from Switzerland!
Youtube Channel

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!