TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday Park Discussion Thread

^
Well.. To be honest: We are really surprised and happy that it had such a good year. When I heard that last years rumors that the second train was eternally dead were true, I thought nothing good. And the current Frankenstein train does truly look like a really bad treated coaster. But in the end, i runs as good as I last experienced in summer 2019 when it had constant two train operations.
The thing that I was surprised about the most was, that it ran really good on Tuesday, which was a rainy, foggy morning with low temperatures. That in combination with one train operations and half full train meant bumpy and slow rides in the past. But it was very different. I don't know what they are doind different then in former years, but it works.

What I personally still fear about is a covid free 2022 with a full park and one train operation. That means about 400-500 pph at best. That means no rides for me as I will not wait more then 15-20 minutes for it.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:27 PM, Pedrinho said:

Just a quick update from today's tour to Holiday Park:

All major rides were open. Some rides at Majaland were not and seem down for the season. Expresspass is available again with the usual perks (nine points for 30,-- €).

Expedition GeForce was running great.

For the fellow who visits on thursday: I don't see anything preventing you from having a great day. You wont need Expresspass. Expedition GeForce was a maximum wait of two trains for any given row all day. All other major rides were merely walk-ons.

Sorry, was only able to have some time on my PC now. But thanks for all the tips!

And now to the big reveal...... I got to the park Thursday morning and it was closed 😅😅

They had some bad weather during the previous night and didn't open from damage..... Luckily, it was my last park of the trip and I had already booked a hotel nearby. So I managed to spend 2/3h in the park on Friday, before having to drive back to Switzerland. 

Expedition GeForce took 1h30 to open (due to cold) but then it was almost a walk on, so I still managed to get 5 rides that day. As expected, it was a really awesome ride (with a lot more positive Gs than I thought, actually!) 

Sky Scream had a sign saying "closed for maintenance". There was also nobody near the entrance so I couldn't really ask what the matter was. Overall, it felt like they were still recovering from damage of Wednesday night since a lot of rides were closed or took a bit to open. 

Overall, however, given this issue and the time limitation on that day, I was really happy with the visit and glad to close the "coaster year" with a back car ride on Expedition GeForce 😊

6 hours ago, rcjp said:

Sorry, was only able to have some time on my PC now. But thanks for all the tips!

And now to the big reveal...... I got to the park Thursday morning and it was closed 😅😅

They had some bad weather during the previous night and didn't open from damage..... Luckily, it was my last park of the trip and I had already booked a hotel nearby. So I managed to spend 2/3h in the park on Friday, before having to drive back to Switzerland. 

Expedition GeForce took 1h30 to open (due to cold) but then it was almost a walk on, so I still managed to get 5 rides that day. As expected, it was a really awesome ride (with a lot more positive Gs than I thought, actually!) 

Sky Scream had a sign saying "closed for maintenance". There was also nobody near the entrance so I couldn't really ask what the matter was. Overall, it felt like they were still recovering from damage of Wednesday night since a lot of rides were closed or took a bit to open. 

Overall, however, given this issue and the time limitation on that day, I was really happy with the visit and glad to close the "coaster year" with a back car ride on Expedition GeForce 😊

Hey!

Glad you had such a good time. Yes, Wednesday last week was an awful night in Rhinelanp-Palatine. I live about 40 kilometers away from the park and I thought of your visit on thursday morning. I'm surprised you managed to get some rides in. Consider yourself lucky. 

Glad you liked it. It seems we share a detail of our coaster seasons with our last ride of the season being GeForce in the back.

22 hours ago, Pedrinho said:

Hey!

Glad you had such a good time. Yes, Wednesday last week was an awful night in Rhinelanp-Palatine. I live about 40 kilometers away from the park and I thought of your visit on thursday morning. I'm surprised you managed to get some rides in. Consider yourself lucky. 

Glad you liked it. It seems we share a detail of our coaster seasons with our last ride of the season being GeForce in the back.

aha  cool!

Yeah, not bad at all. When, on Thursday, I was told the park would open on Friday, I wasn't so confident (especially as there was still some wind on Thursday) but all ended up working out pretty good! It was a shame to miss sky scream but it was more for the credit, really, as I have been on a clone of it