Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby Rai Fox » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:55 am

BoulderDash wrote:-In general the park does not feel like they are ready to handle large crowds and it seems like corners are being cut with ride maintenance. Hopefully things improve in the future.

While I definitely agree in general, I'm not sure it's a deliberate cutting of corners or budget. The last time I spoke to the park's GM, he mentioned that the park's head of maintenance had retired, and they were struggling to find anyone in the area with the skills to replace him. Other people were filling in as well as they could, but they really didn't have anyone that they felt was up to being in charge. That was a couple years ago, but it seems like it's still the case.

This being my home park on top of the oldest park in the country, it's such a shame to see it all falling apart like this. Their star new coaster being down for half the summer (at least) has to be hurting their bottom line, and the waterpark really can not afford to lose more slides; it doesn't have enough to support the crowds as is. According to the staff I've talked to, they still have nothing in the plans to replace the Sky Ride yet, either. There's just less and less reason to visit right now.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:10 am

Rai Fox wrote:The last time I spoke to the park's GM, he mentioned that the park's head of maintenance had retired, and they were struggling to find anyone in the area with the skills to replace him. Other people were filling in as well as they could, but they really didn't have anyone that they felt was up to being in charge.

I know it's tempting to grade Lake Compounce on a curve because they're a small park but they're run by a multinational publicly traded corporation that's one of the 10 largest theme park operators in the world by attendance. They own over 60 properties in 12 countries.

Could you imagine walking into a Cedar Fair park and hearing that they can't find anyone who knows how to properly maintain the rides? Could you imagine walking into a SeaWorld entertainment park and finding out that Tigris / Electric Eel / Tempesto / whatever is going to be closed for months because they ran out of wheels and can't get any more?

Come on. :lol:

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:31 pm

It certainly seems like Parque Reunidos is a big problem here. It's sad when it looks like Six Flags is a better run operation. I last visited the park in 2012 and loved it, but from the sounds of everything it has only gone down hill.
On the other hand Story Land is another Reunidos park that is run very well. We have taken our daughter there a couple times the last few years and loved it. You would think if a small park like that can run efficient and we'll then a park like Lake Compounce should have no trouble. It clearly doesn't seem like Reunidos is making a big difference that they were hoping for. Too bad they can't go back to being independent.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:132
STEEL:101
WOOD:31
PARKS:25

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Kennywood sold out because the family didn't want to run it and this Spanish firm had a bunch of money fronted to it by european banks. Now they're loaded with debt and are having a difficult time servicing it, leading to nothing but hideous choices by people who clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Lake Compounce sucks now. I was 10 minutes away from it this past Memorial Day weekend and felt there's no reason for me to have gone. I'm not going to wait an hour for Boulder Dash because they aren't competent enough to run two trains and can't find maintenance staff or aren't given money to buy OEM parts like everyone else (including SeaWorld, who is in even worse financial shape).

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby prospekt88 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Was hoping to finally read some good news when I opened the thread but sounds like it's just more of the same.

They clearly are incapable of operating this park, hopefully it gets out of their hands before it deteriorates beyond repair. I enjoyed going to this place just as much, if not more, than Hershey and Great Adventure when I was a kid. I don't understand how this level of incompetence finds its way to the forefront with some of these parks. It's a shame.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:10 pm

Phobia is testing now, will be opening tomorrow if everything goes well.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 pm

Wow, I missed this thread but Parque Reunidos is also responsible for running our local park, Castle Park in Riverside California, into the ground. Our log ride broke a couple of weeks ago when a log flipped and ejected people and I think there is a rule that at least three of Castle Park's major attractions must be broken at any one time. Our Screamin Demon coaster, fireball, spider and log ride are all broken/closed.
I saw your eyes
And you made me smile
For a little while
I was falling in love

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:06 pm

BoulderDash wrote:Phobia is testing now, will be opening tomorrow if everything goes well.

Finally!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Brockton Fair

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thesman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:26 pm

Phobia was up and running today, shout out to the ops too they did an amazing job

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby roflstomper » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:40 pm

I've lived 2 hours away from this park my whole life and had never been to this park. Went for the first time yesterday. Paid 39.99 to get in. In line with what other parks of similar size charge ie Canobie Lake but still way overpriced. Park was dead. Lot maybe 20 percent full. Revolution was closed per website which I knew, however at entrance they've got a sign that says delayed opening for: Phobia/Boulder Dash/Zoomerang/Downtime and a couple others. Basically everything that wasn't Wildcat or a kiddie ride wasn't open to start the day. Odd. Basically everything opened by 12-1230. Downtime never opened and Boulder Dash opened around 3.

Wildcat is awful. Dispatches ranged from 1:45 at the quickest to 4 min at the longest. One train is fine but they've got half the train blocked with a green cone for people coming through the exit. So maybe 8 people get on the ride at a time. For a line that should have taken 10 minutes it was more like 45. One and done on this one. 2/10.

Phobia is very good, exceptionally smooth and I was out of my seat the entire time. Had never done a skyrocket before and it was solid. Walk on wait. 7/10

Boulder Dash 1 train op but line moved well. Maybe 3-4 train wait. Rode in front and back. Both incredibly rough, like Rougarou rough. No airtime to be had either especially on that back section by the lake. Really surprised me to be honest. I guess I rode this on the worst day it's ever been running. 4/10.

Ghost blaster is one of the best shooting rides I have been on. Guns work great and you can tell what you're shooting at. 2nd best ride in the park. Thunder and lighting is also one of my favorite types of flat rides so points there. The natural cut fried are made fresh but they weren't selling enough of them to actually get them fresh to the buyer. Mine were 20 min under the heat lamp for sure but they gave me a ton of cheese so we're good there. Watched some 15 min Catterina Cat/Tigey Tiger or something show for kiddies that was cute.

Overall the park just lacks soul. Very bland and characterless compared to a place like Canobie Lake. At 48 bucks a person with no discount I just can't justify ever going back or recommending it to people.

Also If it sounds like I hated the park I didn't. I had a fun day and am glad I finally went to experience it, just unfortunately wasn't quite what I was hoping for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!