This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT), this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.
Official Park Website
Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!
November 10th, 2005 - New additions announced for 2006 season (SEE BELOW)
March 13th, 2006 - Texas Tornado accident injures 4 people
November 7th, 2006 - SFoT will announce 2007 plans in one week
November 13th, 2007 - New Cirque show for SFoT in 2007
September 24th, 2007 - Tony Hawk's Big Spin to open in 2008
October 2nd, 2007 - Wildcatter imploded to make room for Tony Hawk's Big Spin
December 19th, 2007 - SFoT seeks permit to start sell beer
March 18th, 2008 - Flooding at SFoT
April 2nd, 2008 - fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo coming to SFoT for their major attractions
September 15th, 2008 - Glow on the Dark Parade coming to SFoT in 2009
March 16th, 2009 - SFoT announces plans to extensively overhaul Texas Giant
March 26th, 2009 - SFoT obtains permit to sell beer
September 28th, 2009 - Hints that work on Texas Giant will not be your typical retracking
September 29th, 2009 - SF releases limited info: states complete retracking, overbanked turns and Gerstlauer trains
SFoT shocks everybody by revealing that Texas Giant is being worked by Rocky Mountain Coasters with steel track
April 12th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update
May 12th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update
June 27th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update
July 6th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update
August 21st, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update
September 8th, 2010 - Flooding at SFoT
September 19th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update
November 2nd, 2010 -New Texas Giant construction update
December 12th, 2010 - New Texas Giant Construction update
January 4th, 2011 - Picture of New Texas Giant trains
April 21st, 2011 - TPR's New Texas Giant Media Day POV
January 15th, 2012 - Hurricane Harbor adding Dive Bomber, a 5 story freefall slide in 2012
March 22nd, 2012 - Mr. Freeze to be transformed into Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast
August 2nd, 2012 - Flashback and Texas Chute Out to close forever September 3rd!
August 30th, 2012 - Texas SkyScreamer Officially Announced!
October 11th, 2012 - Texas Chute Out tumbles to make way for the Texas SkyScreamer
February 13th, 2013 - Man without fully developed hands suing park for being denied ride on Aquaman
March 4th - Opening Day Trip Report
May 24th, 2013 - SkyScreamer Media Day
July 19th, 2013 - rider fatally ejected from New Texas Giant
August 29th, 2013 - expansion of kid's area announced
February 13th, 2014 - Hurricane Harbor to add Wahoo Racer mat slide!
February 18th, 2014 - Six Flags to sue Gerstlauer over NTAG trains
May 30th, 2014 - test seat checking for NTaG still a work in progress
June 13th, 2014 - Batman: The Ride to run backwards in July
August 28th, 2014 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis announced for 2015
October 10th, 2014 - New Texas Giant switches to 5 car traina
November 18, 2014 - Joker Animatronic video for Justice League: Battle for Metropolis unveiled
January 6th, 2015 - construction update Justice League: Battle for Metropolis
May 20th, 2015 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis Media Day
September 3rd, 2015 - Three new rides announced for 2016 Gotham City expansion: Riddler Revenge, Catwoman Whip, Harley Quinn Spinsanity
March 14th, 2016 - Media Day for VR on Shock Wave!
September 1st, 2016 - Joker Roller Coaster announced for 2017
August 31st, 2018 - Harley Quinn Sopinsanity (ABC Engineering's Tourbillon) announced for 2018
August 30th, 2018 - Lone Star Revolution (Larson Loop) announced for 2019-
August 29th, 2019 - Aquaman Water Caoster anniunced for 2020
From Press Release received this morning:
More rides, more thrills, more family fun in 2006!
Arlington, TX - Six Flags Over Texas today announced a sweeping capital expansion project that will forever change the landscape of the 212-acre acre theme park and mark the largest capital expansion in the park's 45- year history!
In Spring 2006, Six Flags Over Texas will debut a phenomenal package of family rides that will give every Guest 10 new reasons to visit and 10 new reasons there'll be 10 times the fun at the best theme park in the Southwest!
"Remaining true to our tradition, the addition of 10 new family rides in 2006 represents a major commitment on the part of Six Flags Over Texas to keep delivering wholesome family fun, " said Steve Calloway, vice president and general manager. "Ten rides in one year is a huge investment. These new attractions provide a great ride experience to Guests of all ages and will be enjoyed by generations of families for years and years to come."
This Texas-size expansion includes a host of the most innovative and exciting family rides in the industry. The new attractions will be located in different areas
of the park, giving Guests a greater variety and the ability to maximize their visit to Six Flags Over Texas. Joining the ever-growing Six Flags Over Texas rides arsenal will be:
* Blackbird - Spread your wings and fly high in the sky as nine planes zip around an oval-shaped course. Each plane can accommodate up to four children or one adult and two children.
* La Fiesta de las Tazas - Spin around super fast or slow it down to savor the experience. This family favorite will leave Guests spinning with excitement.
* Rock-N-Rocket - Zip into orbit as the rocket and its 50 passengers make several exhilarating 360-degree loops before swinging back earthward for a gentle stop.
* Rodeo - True Texans love a good rodeo. Cowboys and cowgirls alike can test their riding skills on these bucking bulls. Saddle up!
* Crazy Legs - Whirling, twirling fun for the whole family. This "crazy" ride moves in a circular fashion with gondolas that move in the opposite direction.
* Caddo Lake Barge - A high capacity family attraction, the Caddo Lake Barge features a unique combination of rocking motions and has received top awards from the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.
* Sidewinder - A ride with timeless popularity and commonly referred to as the "scrambler" received its original name from the way it looks while in operation, resembling scrambling eggs.
* Up, Up & Away - Experience a breathtaking view of the park while riding on unique hot air balloons. Up, up and away we go!
* Boot Scootin' - These boots are made for walkin' or in this case*ridin'! Try these on for size in a one-of-a-kind interactive bouncing ride experience.
* Interactive Spray Ground - Loads of water fun for Guests of all ages. Another great place to cool off during those hot Texas summer months.
Take all these great new attractions and add them to our already amazing lineup, and there'll be more to do, more to smile about, and more fun than ever in 2006! There's a lot happening at Six Flags Over Texas next year, and you won't want to miss a minute of it. So, make plans now to visit again and again. Our 45th season is shaping up to be our best season ever!
The new year begins March 4th. Spring Breakout takes place March 11 - 19. Visit us on the web at http://www.sixflags.com for more details.
Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Through its subsidiaries, it owns and operates a total of 29 parks in North America. Six Flags parks serve 34 of the 50 largest metropolitan areas in the United States. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly held corporation with corporate offices in New York City and Oklahoma City. The Company's stock trades on the NYSE under the symbol: PKS.