Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Today's visit to the park was a pleasant surprise. The weather was perfect, crowds thin, and the new "Coastal" themed area looks fabulous! There have been many photos posted here of the new Twisted Cyclone which looks amazing. Equally noteworthy is how the park has really stepped up their game with the bright, vibrant, cheerful beachy theme surrounding the new RMC. I am absolutely loving the colors! Did I mention there's a couple of live palm trees in front of the queue house?

Awesome...awesome...awesome.....
Attachments
20180317_190934.jpg

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 pm

I don't mind the memberships and you can get them on sale as well.. I have had mine for years and it started as a regular membership and a gold membership for under $10.. the gold was $5 and regular was $3.. it's gone up a bit but still slightly less expensive than 1 regular season pass and 1 gold season pass.

Plus, never have to renew

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:24 am

I fall into the camp that prefers to pay once yearly for a season pass and not think about it again until the Labor Day sale returns the following year. From a business perspective, I can see why they would start to push memberships so that their revenue is more consistent across months when most of their parks aren’t open and they aren't generating much revenue directly from attendance. I can also see why they might want to try to reduce the correlation that each yearly addition probably has on season pass sales by pushing people toward a recurring fee that is very difficult to cancel. I just hope that they don’t start removing core benefits, like the ability to get a great deal on season parking when purchased together with a pass during the sale for instance, from the season pass.

On another note, I’m liking the palm trees and fun beachy colors getting adding to the new Coastal section. One of the things I really appreciate about our park is that they’ve made a considerable effort to revamp uglier sections over the last several years along with the new additions. Hoping that former Thomas Town/Deju Vu area in Lickskillet is the next section to get a new ride/facelift.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Superbatboy wrote:It'll be a sad day when eventually there aren't anymore old wooden coasters left for RMC to convert :lol: It's always so fun watching these transformations

The Boss will always remain untouched by RMC. *sigh...*

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:59 pm

dstephe9 wrote:I don't mind the memberships and you can get them on sale as well.. I have had mine for years and it started as a regular membership and a gold membership for under $10.. the gold was $5 and regular was $3.. it's gone up a bit but still slightly less expensive than 1 regular season pass and 1 gold season pass.

Plus, never have to renew

I agree and have had a similar experience. It looks like the twelve-month cost for my membership is a little less than the price of an equivalent season pass, or comparable at worst. It's not like it's set up to purposely cost you more in the long run for the same product (in case anyone thought that).

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:02 pm

josephcissell wrote:On another note, I’m liking the palm trees and fun beachy colors getting adding to the new Coastal section. One of the things I really appreciate about our park is that they’ve made a considerable effort to revamp uglier sections over the last several years along with the new additions. Hoping that former Thomas Town/Deju Vu area in Lickskillet is the next section to get a new ride/facelift.


I agree the park appears to be spending their limited resources wisely. Refurbishing Ninja into Blue Hawk was genius. Other than the old Thomas Town area, the only other area (in dire need) is repainting the Scorcher. I am actually quite surprised that was not done this off-season, given all the love the rest of the front of the park is getting, including the Twisted Cyclone and coastal theming. Although Scorcher is a good coaster, its also an eye sore. On a side note, I have long noted in my surveys that the park really needs to widen the sidewalk to the parking lot. it is only 4' wide and when hundreds of guests are all exiting (or entering) the park at once, there is simply not enough room, forcing some to walk along the road and in some cases right into the path of cars or trams. (I have seen it happen!)

My guess is a new major ride will take the space formerly occupied by Thomas Town, but not until 2020. Next year, Hurricane Harbor gets an addition of some sort....unless the park is able to do both in one year, but that is not likely. But - that is merely my prediction.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:21 am

Lotologist492 wrote:
josephcissell wrote:On another note, I’m liking the palm trees and fun beachy colors getting adding to the new Coastal section. One of the things I really appreciate about our park is that they’ve made a considerable effort to revamp uglier sections over the last several years along with the new additions. Hoping that former Thomas Town/Deju Vu area in Lickskillet is the next section to get a new ride/facelift.


I agree the park appears to be spending their limited resources wisely. Refurbishing Ninja into Blue Hawk was genius. Other than the old Thomas Town area, the only other area (in dire need) is repainting the Scorcher. I am actually quite surprised that was not done this off-season, given all the love the rest of the front of the park is getting, including the Twisted Cyclone and coastal theming. Although Scorcher is a good coaster, its also an eye sore. On a side note, I have long noted in my surveys that the park really needs to widen the sidewalk to the parking lot. it is only 4' wide and when hundreds of guests are all exiting (or entering) the park at once, there is simply not enough room, forcing some to walk along the road and in some cases right into the path of cars or trams. (I have seen it happen!)

My guess is a new major ride will take the space formerly occupied by Thomas Town, but not until 2020. Next year, Hurricane Harbor gets an addition of some sort....unless the park is able to do both in one year, but that is not likely. But - that is merely my prediction.


I did last years gold combo pass for 64 which would be 5.40 a month. Lowest membership is 6/month costing me more.

Haven’t run dining plan numbers yet.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:15 pm

I was trying to compare and just re-ran the numbers. My gold combo pass for this year during the flash sale was $52.99 and $82.99 for dining.

I actually went and looked at the passes and if I'm only buying 1, membership lowest level is $7.25 which would come to $87 or almost $30 more then my season pass.

Not enough value to me for $30 more. Offer it without having to buy 4 at the $5.99 price point and I might do it.

Dining plan seems to be about even. I was $82.99 for deluxe dining plan (with a free upgrade to premium). Deluxe on membership is $6.99/month or $83.88. So that one works out money-wise.

So considered doing a switch to membership but after running numbers I'll stay with my season pass as long as I can keep getting the good flash sale rates. If they remove that this year (which is likely) I'll reconsider a membership at that point.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:20 pm

Goodbye final set of Six Flags buzz bar trains. Bummer.

GASM will get bumpier and bumpier with the heavier ratchet bar trains. Happens when any park switches thier buzzbars for ratchets. Then all the extra supports will be installed. OR topper track/RMC.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:36 am

Here are some photos I took of Twisted Cyclone at the park today. Crews are in the process of installing track for the overbank turn near the park front entrance. They also have the Twisted Cyclone logo mounted on the side of the lift structure.
Attachments
42A4AA9C-0701-4B0D-BD28-6A731169FF32.jpeg
E0E780A8-1550-4BA3-8D3C-C3ADCADEF176.jpeg
92D19590-3674-4223-9718-1113E62B6019.jpeg
E60EE038-5549-474A-AC01-E61974E74233.jpeg
6E0473B1-732C-4A4A-B732-86A219B28DC7.jpeg
9FE8CD2E-687B-4CF3-8D37-385368D6C4C3.jpeg
EA465FD1-2984-430B-A462-724ECE1C904D.jpeg
2807B2A9-E47A-4CEE-A220-A82025DD26D4.jpeg
AB911585-46EB-4F51-8C78-565C610470D8.jpeg
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS