TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ok so I think "The Gaunlet" at magic springs has awfull breaks... I mean you are flying throught the ride, and then you go around the last turn, up a slight hill, then*BAM* What just happened? You go from like 35mph-0mph in less than 2 seconds and it is so painfull. So yeah... "The Gaunlet" has nasty breaks

~Matthew

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not a normal thing, but while I was on Medusa West, the train came to a complete stop on the first set of ending brakes. It really hurt.(For those of you who have not seen this, it is about 35-40 mph stopped in about 30 ft. Please correct me if my stats are off please.)

Sometimes I like them. On The Rattlesnake and other rides like it, they seem to work really well. Rage at AI Is a nice kinda sharp break run, but the restraints are comfortable.

Another is The Vampire at CWoA. Sharp brakes, but it's ok because the restraints are comfortable

Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags America. The brake run is really sudden, although it's smooth.

Goudurix and Ninja (SFOG) both have really sudden brakes where the entire ride rattles as the train stops. Woohoo Vekoma loopers of pain!

Doesn't yankee cannonball have skid brakes? Skid brakes pre-brake quite often, but still provide a somewhat gradual slowing.

Yes but the inital deceleration is very sharp it is like 25-0 in 1 second and the length of two cars, I understand the pre brake(s) to keep the train from overshooting the station...

My vote would have to go to ''The Steel Eel" at Sea World San Antonio. Whenever they are running two trains on that ride, the crew works as fast as they can dispathing every train so that the second one will not have to stop on the break run making the line move very fast. However, when something happens and the second train has to stop, it is very quick as you are traveling about 35 MPH and has less than a train length to come to a complete stop.

Also the Roadrunner isn't that bad. It is quick but it is not quick enough to the point that it is painful when you come to the final stop.

David

Not quite the same, but Dragons fury at Chessington world of adventures (spinning coaster) realy hurts in the brake run. When the cars slowed down, the car is spun round to the correct position to enter the station then locked, this smashes your knees against the edge of the car and really hurts if you're not ready.

To answer the point in the first post, i don't like it at all!

My vote would have to go to ''The Steel Eel" at Sea World San Antonio. Whenever they are running two trains on that ride, the crew works as fast as they can dispathing every train so that the second one will not have to stop on the break run making the line move very fast. However, when something happens and the second train has to stop, it is very quick as you are traveling about 35 MPH and has less than a train length to come to a complete stop.

Also the Roadrunner isn't that bad. It is quick but it is not quick enough to the point that it is painful when you come to the final stop.

David

That sounds similar to the many Arrows that have just a single brake run right before the station. I remember doing evac drills on the Canyon Blaster (Adventuredome). No one wanted to be on the train when we had to practice e-stops. You can see the track vibrate.

Superman:ROS at Darien Lake. Its quick but smooth, not bad if you hold your hands against the lapbar.

Any Vekoma SLC. I love the brakes on these. It ust feels cool when your legs go forward and your against the restraint and then you just stop.