TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Coaster Facts

Wildfire at Silver Dollar City is technically a floorless coaster with a floor and a zero car. The seats on those trains are pitched up like a floorless coaster unlike coasters like Hulk and Kumba, where the seats are lower and your feet are touching the floor at all times. On Wildfire, your feet dangle as if you were on a floorless coaster. Hypercoasters have a similar configuration where even though it's a floored train, your feet dangle like a floorless train.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wildfire at Silver Dollar City is technically a floorless coaster with a floor and a zero car. The seats on those trains are pitched up like a floorless coaster unlike coasters like Hulk and Kumba, where the seats are lower and your feet are touching the floor at all times. On Wildfire, your feet dangle as if you were on a floorless coaster. Hypercoasters have a similar configuration where even though it's a floored train, your feet dangle like a floorless train.

I get what you're saying here... but I don't get how Wildfire is "Technically a floorless coaster." Just because the seats are up high and your feet don't touch the floor, (Even though my feet do still brush the floor while riding Wildfire) Does not make the coaster a floorless coaster. The coaster needs to actually NOT have a floor for it to be consider a floorless coaster. Otherwise every coaster on the planet would be a floorless coaster for shorter people.

The whole 'is it an inversion' thing is a difficult one! The cobra roll on Colossus at Thorpe and the immelman on Black Mamba are similar in that they don't really get close to 180 degrees which is what most people would say is upside down. I try not to over analyse things like this though because it almost sucks the fun out the hobby... I sort of follow the 'if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck' mentality and go with gut instinct

Same here

Leviathan at my home park has an over bank that definetly feels like an inversion while riding it though. Probably gets as "inverted as most incline loops.

In addition, adding to the weird facts, Leviathan was also the first coaster to start the "Front gate coaster trend" at CF parks... Not gatekeeper (CP may have stolen Valravn from CW, But they can never lay claim to the front gate idea... We did it first!... Yay Canada!! )

'Wipeout', a Boomerang coaster at Pleasurewood Hills, is the only attraction at the park that goes upside down.

The ride's height restriction is 1.3m while the drop tower is 1.4m. So a drop tower has a higher height restriction than a Boomerang. Logic. The park claims that the Boomerang pulls 5.2g's while the drop tower pulls 5.5g's. The drop tower (named the Jolly Roger) does a maximum of 60mph while Wipeout does 50mph.

In addition, adding to the weird facts, Leviathan was also the first coaster to start the "Front gate coaster trend" at CF parks... Not gatekeeper (CP may have stolen Valravn from CW, But they can never lay claim to the front gate idea... We did it first!... Yay Canada!! )

Looks like you're about 20 year late.

1:55

Raptor, Talon and Silver Bullet all virtually dominate the entrance of their respective parks. Some of the more recent ones may take it to a more extreme measure, but credit is still due to the originals.

Intamin's first Mega Coaster was Ride of Steel in 1999.

B&M also built their first two hypers that year with Raging Bull and Apollo's Chariot.

If the rumors are true that SFA and Darien Lake are getting new trains for their hypers, Millennium Force would be Intamin's only coaster to still have first generation trains.

Intamin's first Mega Coaster was Ride of Steel in 1999.

B&M also built their first two hypers that year with Raging Bull and Apollo's Chariot.

If the rumors are true that SFA and Darien Lake are getting new trains for their hypers, Millennium Force would be Intamin's only coaster to still have first generation trains.

Also Thunder Dolphin and the Mega-Lites.

^All of those have second generation trains due to their flatter design and zero cars.

Do you think the fact that I305 has OSTRs as opposed to the T-bars have anything to do with the fact that the first generation Intamin hyper cars are not big-person friendly speaking from my experience with MF?

^All of those have second generation trains due to their flatter design and zero cars.

Do you think the fact that I305 has OSTRs as opposed to the T-bars have anything to do with the fact that the first generation Intamin hyper cars are not big-person friendly speaking from my experience with MF?

It's definitely more of an intensity thing. Like Maverick, I305 has a lot of quick shuffles from side to side so the OTSRs are more or less to keep the riders' torsos in place. You wouldn't want to feel like a ragdoll on those coasters.

The Intamin first-gen hypers all had the T-bar restraints which can be uncomfortable for anyone, especially larger riders. MF was actually the only one that didn't install side brackets on the lap bars. Those are horrible. The second generation trains (except Bizarro) have a different style T-bar that is more comfortable. Top thrill Dragster actually has these.

Another fact, Megafobia at Oakwood was vaguely based off of Darien Lake's Predator according to John Wardley. CCI chose to add more turns and crossovers.

Another fact, Megafobia at Oakwood was vaguely based off of Darien Lake's Predator according to John Wardley. CCI chose to add more turns and crossovers.

I always thought it was based off Rampage at Alabama Adventure. Or is that the other way around?

Anyway, fact: At peak efficiency, the ride-ops on the Matterhorn can push out two trains a minute.

Got some El Toro facts!

1. Apparantly, the top of the rails at the crest of the airtime hills looks almost new because the top wheels never touch it

2. El Toro's chassis actually allows it to run backwards, according to RMC (Could you imagine?)

3. El Toro's rails are designed to the exact same specifications as RMC's ibox and topper track, meaning it's the exact same size, which makes sense given RMC's heavy involvement. In the very, very distant future keeping this ride maintained shouldn't be that much of a problem.

4. (This might have been posted already, I vaguely remember reading it somewhere) During the colder months, it runs very sluggish; so much so that they actually install some friction wheels at the crest of the hill leading into the brake run