2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^I think I started "questioning" at that age, but it took me a year or so to actually figure out that's what I was doing, and a couple years after that to learn that terms like "questioning" and "bi-curious" were legitimate concepts. Around 7th/8th grade or so it was more like "Why am I thinking this?" and "Do these thoughts make me a lesbian?" But when I heard about "questioning" then everything made perfect sense.

But when I heard about "questioning" then everything made perfect sense.

To be frank, does this mean you are or aren't a bisexual/lesbian? I perceived it not to be so, but then I read your whole post over again to confirm this, I became befuddled and just decided to ask. This is not meant to be taken as rude.

EDIT: I thought I might add to this and go out and say that I'm gay, and I was a little nervous about putting out in the 'public eye', but seeing the reactions on these boards it does not appear to be a problem.

^Oh, I am so sorry! (friendly sarcasm)

I actually wasn't trying to share my orientation in my post, just what my childhood thoughts were.

To address the question would be to repeat myself from this very thread, but since you asked I guess that's okay.

"I am either straight or bisexual, and I would not be surprised if I am straight."

With the part you quoted I was basically saying that that was when I learned that my thoughts were okay, normal, and not crazy!

Hope that helps!

^I am a rather confusing person as well. Plus I think I am more comfortable thinking about this topic than talking about it. It can be hard to pick and choose what thoughts to share, so sometimes they get all muddled and confusing.

^ I think that it is a subject a lot of people are uncomfortable about because some people don't like to accept the fact that there is diversity all around them. And that they themselves are different too, and deep down they know it but won't up and front admit it everyone.

This took about fifteen minutes to get it to where I wanted it with a lot of starting over. Sad

I just want to randomly mention that coming from Los Angeles, Wyoming is quite a lonely place for the gay.

Nonetheless people out here understand that it is who I am and not a choice. What kind of person would 'choose to be gay?' Really? I mean, I know were trendy and awesome and everything but its not exactly a world you willingly step into.

Sorry, but if you are still on the 'its a choice' bandwagon you need to do some research. I know that can be your 'opinion' and all, but that's just like your 'opinion' of 2 + 2 equaling 3,596. It is incorrect.

I can't just sit by idle when I see comments like that, especially in such a community as accepting as TPR (even though it was a few pages back).

Chris.

I just want to randomly mention that coming from Los Angeles, Wyoming is quite a lonely place for the gay.

Nonetheless people out here understand that it is who I am and not a choice. What kind of person would 'choose to be gay?' Really? I mean, I know were trendy and awesome and everything but its not exactly a world you willingly step into.

Sorry, but if you are still on the 'its a choice' bandwagon you need to do some research. I know that can be your 'opinion' and all, but that's just like your 'opinion' of 2 + 2 equaling 3,596. It is incorrect.

I can't just sit by idle when I see comments like that, especially in such a community as accepting as TPR (even though it was a few pages back).

Chris.

My exact thoughts, exactly!

I tell people that and they never have an argument against it.

Of course, if I had the choice now, I wouldn't change for the world. I love being gay. Period. (Also, I don't think my boyfriend of 1.5 years would appreciate the shift much at all.)

Oh, and I would never want to give up my privilege of co-ed sleepovers. SO FUN.

I tend to ask those who question whether it is a choice to be gay or not, if they themselves CHOSE to be straight... when they answer "No it came to them naturally", I tell them the same for being gay for me (and all the other gays around this globe...) I usually don't get much of an argument back... And I know that won't change their mind either, but I just ask that you don't hate me for being gay... that would be stupid... if you want to hate me, get to know me first then make that choice...

Wow - it's refreshing to see civilized debate on a website. Kudos to you guys. I learned a long time ago not to let peoples thoughts / beliefs on issues like this mess with me too much. I'm gay. Always have been. Tried the straight thing in High School (I'm from Georgia...) and faked it for a while. It sucks being that dishonest with yourself and everyone else.

I don't expect my straight friends to "understand" my being gay. There really isn't any way for them do do that since they aren't gay, just like I don't "understand" them. That doesn't mean that we don't accept each other as we are.

Tyler - thanks for the great posts. I remember being cautious about meeting you on whichever trip that was that I met you on, thinking that the "religious" guy is going to be a pain in the butt. Boy howdy - how wrong was I? You are just TONS of fun and I'm glad to know you (even if you are a freaky, ex-religious atheist furry loving twincest dude.)

D.

I totally hear ya! I tried playing the part of a hetero in HS....but yeh.....in a way...I always knew I was gay.

Hope to meet some of you guys on a TPR trip sometime!

^That actually reminds me of a funny story. My best friend (female) mentioned hating clutches and I just stared blankly at her, having ABSOLUTELY no idea what she was talking about. Then out of nowhere my very straight friend Joe described what a clutch was as my friend and I stared at him as he described it in detail, even including producers of clutches. When he was finished all my best friend said was, "and Josh is the gay one?" lol. I guess I've never really been very good at the whole gay thing...