TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst "Customer Service" Park

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands down Visionland this year!!!!! I was there, happily waiting for my next awesome front seat ride on Ra mpage, when this guy at the back of the train threw a big stuffed animal over the track while the train was traveling the course. The only problem is when he threw he didn't throw hard enough and the big stuffed animal landed in the dead center of the track. Like the idiot he was, he jumped over the air gates, jumped down into the the track got the animal, placed it out of the way and then returned to his original position. I was in awe anyways, and then all the ride ops did was "hey". I've seen people thrown out of a ride for throwing a small stuffed animal over the tracks in the station, and rightfully they should. Unfortunately it gets me wondering, maybe it aould have been better if the train had hit him because he clearly was not the brightest bulb in the lamp. Hmm.... stupid visionland, incompentent employees.

I think every single employee that works there hates their job and their life. Having recordings in the station instead of giving the Ops mics doesnt help, either.

The same at Magic Park Verden!

The only thing I can say - take a look at this: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1038

Worst Theme Park ever and worst Customer Service ever!

--Soeren

The Worst I've ever seen was at SFWOA. That was bad.

Example 1: We ask a security guard where we could find an ATM machine. His response: I don't know, find one yourself!. I called him a B@stard and he threatened to arrest me! Man, did we laugh. We then asked a broom pusher where we could find one: Response: shit, man, i just be leanin' on m'broom. I got no money so i don't know where that machines at...

We asked two other people: zilch!

Being seriously angry at this point, we walk all the way across the park to guest relations and asked for a manager. I thought this guy was gonna cry. I mean, he looked seriously disappointed. Well, he walked us to an ATM, i got my money out of it and then he kicked us 10.00 for our hassles.

That was a nice touch. But i can see why some employees there got their heads knocked off...

Example 2: SFWOA. The Bathrooms: always filthy, floors covered w/urine.

You tell an employee that the floors are flooded with crap: Their response: And you'd like me tooooooooo?????

Having had this scenario several times (we had season passes), i got in their face and said>

Well, I'd like ya crawl around on all fours and lick up the mess, ya condescending sack of maggot puss. He gets a mgr and says i should be ejected from the park: (now check this out, Joe Worker told the mgr the whole thing. ) The mgr looks at him as says, And you were surprised he got smart w/you? Consider yourself lucky he didn't hit you...

The kicker? The guys was incharge of keeping the johns clean for that part of the park...

LOL! Oh god, those bathrooms at SFWoA!! Those are some of the worst ever, and I've been to several '3rd World' countries!

I think the Six Flags parks (outside of Texas) as a whole win this thread...but as far as individual ride ops I've got a great story...

At Wild Rivers down in Irvine, CA we slid down one of the "Mat Racing Slides" I come to the bottom and run into a damn TAMPON!!! I totally freaked out and grabbed the lifeguard. He came over, started laughing, looked all grossed out and walked away. Having worked at another water park I asked him: "aren't you supposed to call someone to get that out of the water", he said "I think so, eh, oh well". AWESOME!

Elissa "NASTY!!!" Alvey

OMG!!!!

Yeah, Elissa, that's a winner alright!

When my kids were little, i use to take 'em to a mcdonalds that had an indoor playground... Went there quite a few times, actually. So, we're there one day, and this 3 yr old kid comes out of the ball pit w/a used condom... a worker saw him holding it and freaked! she grabs a papertowel, gets the rubber from the kid and literally shreeks for the MGR. They had that thing shut down in like, 3 mins tops. and it stayed shut down til the dept of Health okay'd it. McD's had called them immediately. they arrived before we'd left. They won major bonus points the way they handled that.

SF parks pretty much win this award. I've had some "amazing" experiences at SFMM and SFWOA, but for the money, you can't go wrong with some of the stuff I've seen at SFA.

Once, we approaced a cart that sells drinks/hot dogs. There were two employees behind the cart, one talking on a cell phone, and the other eating a hot dog. We ask for bottles of water, the one on the cell phone ignores us, the one eating holds up her hand as if to say "I'm busy stuffing my face now, you'll have to wait!". We eventually got our water...

There's a restaurant in the park that serves, among other things, chicken dinners. The only thing is, SFA apparently thinks that one jumbo sized pack of chicken from the local grocery store each day is plenty, as this place always runs out of chicken! One time we're in the place, and of course people are asking for chicken and they're out, and one of the employees behind the counter yells "We're out of chicken! The next person that asks for it is getting kicked in the ass!" Nice...

I've seen some disturbing bathrooms here too, like the one that was flooded by a broken toilet, and three employees, including a manager, just sort of stood outside of it and watched the big puddle of water, as if they'd never seen anything like that before. Oh, and this is also the place where I saw Robb's camera get stomped on by a ride op. What a park!

dt

OMG thats so sick Elissa... I can't believe he didn't do anything. I've never been to a park quite that bad.

I dunno but honestly the worst experience I ever had was a ride op pressing me into a restraint me complaining that it was quite painful as they did it and still dispatching... I can tell you that wasn't my favorite ride ever ... Someone need to tell the ride ops the restraints should be snug but not cause physical pain... Stupid inverted vekoma restraints (yep some of them click in just the wrong place for me...)

Most of the time if I say something the ride ops are cool enough to release the restraints and try again...

Still I've never encountered a protein spill (right term right?) or any of the nasty things that people normally have complaints about.

Six Flages New England. Back in 1998, went there for a day. When we bought an ice cream at 11am, the cost was $2. We hand the cashier a 20 and she proceeds to give us 18 ones!! We were probably her first customer, but GEEZ! Iguess they never heards of 5's or 10's.

Also, LOVED how all of the coasters ran just one train even with the big crowds. So, 1 to 1 1/2 hour waits for everything.

Luckily, left there and went to Lake Quassy for a FUN afternoon and then Lake Compounce for a GREAT evening. It made up for the lame time at SFNE.

An employee at SFAW rolled my eyes at me when I told him my OTSRs were too tight. Also, on Serial Thriller the ride op said "Bastard" a few times, and some other un-friendly words on the intercom, and there were children there. If SFAW had better employees, I would rate it better.

...Unless I was there on a bad day

• 7 years later...

I guess we can all have one-off experiences but the places that can maintain a consistent level of lacking service in all areas that impact the guest experience truly deserve a special award. I'm not exactly sure if a place just digs deeper into a black hole of funk once morale and motivation are gone or if that it's just the norm and no one knows any better.

The parks for me that just felt like employees thought we shouldn't be there or that staff didn't know how to handle large gatherings of people and run this type of business for me are Hershey Park, Mount Olympus and Six Flags America.

Of the parks I've been to this year (Dorney, Great Adventure, Six Flags America, Kings Dominion, Lake Compounce, Knoebels, Funland in Rehoboth Beach and Six Flags New England), Six Flags new England has the rudest ride operators and customer service people I've EVER seen. It seems like everyone in this park is in a bad mood all the time... the only exception is the Tomohawk crews who are always in a good mood and joking around with guests.