TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I am excited about the possibility of a great high quality dark ride! I hope it comes true! On another note, someone I work with just got back from Dollywood and they don't see how Wildwood Grove could be done by May 10. I told him they are planning on it and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. I think they will make it!

I am excited about the possibility of a great high quality dark ride! I hope it comes true! On another note, someone I work with just got back from Dollywood and they don't see how Wildwood Grove could be done by May 10. I told him they are planning on it and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. I think they will make it!
From what I saw this weekend, they have a long long way to go but they might be able to pull it off!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm in the minority. I wouldn't mind the B&M Hyper wrapped around park of the park.

All sound great and I'm for anything new.

Not sure they will do that. The survey mentions out and back and most of the images used were out and back hypers. Probably be hard for them to wrap one around the park

I'm sure they will still put a few nice elements into the ride though

Looks like I'm in the minority. I wouldn't mind the B&M Hyper wrapped around park of the park.

I don't even get to go much but I always liked how Dollywood was tucked away in the mountains. I can handle Wild Eagle sticking out but it just seems more magical to be tucked away. I am looking forward to walking thru the log and Boom! seeing Wildwood Grove

I don't even get to go much but I always liked how Dollywood was tucked away in the mountains. I can handle Wild Eagle sticking out but it just seems more magical to be tucked away. I am looking forward to walking thru the log and Boom! seeing Wildwood Grove

Haven't been there recently have you? Haha, Wildwood Grove is level with most of the park now so it won't be hidden from Wild Eagle, Thunderhead or any of that. Probably one reason they redid the drop and that end of thunderhead first this season, it will be very very visible and almost a part of Wildwood Grove

I almost feel like the idea of the spinning coaster makes sense.

I would really like the idea of the indoor coaster but it would need to have very nice exterior aesthetics to fit into a park like Dollywood

I love how they have designed the building with the indoor children's play area so I think they could pull off designing the exterior of an indoor coaster ok. I am hoping we can find out lol

Haven't been there recently have you? Haha, Wildwood Grove is level with most of the park now so it won't be hidden from Wild Eagle, Thunderhead or any of that. Probably one reason they redid the drop and that end of thunderhead first this season, it will be very very visible and almost a part of Wildwood Grove

I meant how you never saw any part of Dollywood until you got inside. Now you can see Wild Eagle from outside. I haven't been since Lightning Rod was installed so I bet you see it too although I bet it blends in more since it is a wooden coaster. I like that tucked away feeling versus like driving by a six flags and just seeing everthing before you get in and also as you drive by on an interstate. I think Wild Eagle was the first thing that stuck out so high you saw it from a distance. I think I recall conversations on that issue on here back then. At any rate, when I get to go to a park it is Holiday World and Dollywood. I bought a Dollywood pass for this year so I hope I get to use it and see all this stuff live. I have been watching lots of youtube lol

I meant how you never saw any part of Dollywood until you got inside. Now you can see Wild Eagle from outside. I haven't been since Lightning Rod was installed so I bet you see it too although I bet it blends in more since it is a wooden coaster. I like that tucked away feeling versus like driving by a six flags and just seeing everthing before you get in and also as you drive by on an interstate. I think Wild Eagle was the first thing that stuck out so high you saw it from a distance. I think I recall conversations on that issue on here back then. At any rate, when I get to go to a park it is Holiday World and Dollywood. I bought a Dollywood pass for this year so I hope I get to use it and see all this stuff live. I have been watching lots of youtube lol

Actually, LR is very hidden haha. You can only see it from a few points in the park. You’ll be able to see it from Wildwood Grove where it’s higher elevation and cleared out. Other than that, it’s hidden really well.

I’d love to see a thrilling indoor coaster. Spinning coaster would go well indoor as well. Talk about disorienting lol. I thought if a hyper went in it could stretch out and maybe cross the train track and come back. Because is there enough room left for an out and back hyper back there??

I agree with the person above me. I don't see why we couldn't put the spinning coaster indoors. Would be a really neat combo of the two and fit the second portion of Wildwood Grove quite well I think.

Boy oh boy, time to over-analyze! These are all great options and I honestly can't choose just one. A B&M hyper is an obvious choice, plus with the rocky setting of the park we could get a terrain hyper, which would be incredible. Like, imagine the setting of Boulder Dash but instead of a CCI it's a B&M hyper. Want.

A Mack spinning coaster a la Time Traveler would probably be the most plausible, seems like Mack and Herschend are on good terms after TT, and from what I've seen on the boards everyone and their pet rock freaking loves that thing. I could see another one of those kind of rides popping up, and that would be excellent. Unrelated, but I gotta get to SDC at some point.

The indoor coaster could go so many ways, but it sounds like they'd go crazy with the theming if it happened. If that's the case, big yes. Something along the lines of Rock n Roller Coaster or Flight of Fear in terms of layout? Combine that with some kind of haunted forest sort of theme like what Verbolten has and I'd be 100% on board.

You can't go wrong with any of these choices, really, and from what I've been seeing from Dollywood, they've got a really bright future ahead of them. You locals are hella lucky. In less than six years you get a god-tier RMC, a crazy cool drop tower plus a new junior coaster, a brand new family area WITH a next-gen Vekoma with a pretty sick layout for a family coaster, and another new coaster in the near future. That's, what, four new creds? Y'all are spoiled.

Since the rest of the expansion area is flat I think a great decorative mountain type or other forest themed shaped building would add some character. I doubt they could invest 100 million like an Expedition Everest building or a Splash Mountain but it would look cool! I haven't been to any of the Disneys but riding Splash Mountain is a dream of mine. I love those you tube videos of Splash Mountain. Especially the bee parts buzzing around all those honey combs lol. With Dollywood being literally in the foot hills of the Smoky Mountains I know they could come up with a high quality indoor coaster or dark ride with an appealing outdoor appeal that blends in the area. Oh it will be great to experience Dollywood's future I loved Chaos at Opryland. I think that may have been the very first indoor coaster I ever went on with Blazing Fury the second. I am just excited they are exploring the indoor options!

Was in Sevierville today and had a couple extra hours. Got 4xLR,TT, 2xWE, Thunderhead, FC, and MM and was back in my car in under 2 hrs.

20190411_145055.thumb.jpg.ccb1859f6b68b8fb9e0ec44d1583b66d.jpg

Wildwood Grove April 11

20190411_145057.thumb.jpg.83c123fb7df7eace54650f66d4f7c760.jpg

April 11

20190411_132458.thumb.jpg.0167a3523888d670c9d258fc14b932f6.jpg

Good day for a few quick rides on Lightning Rod

That's a nice looking line for Lightning Rod! Sure would love to see that myself some day haha. The amount of work they've completed on the new area is really impressive. Excited to hear reviews of it and check it out myself later this summer.

Hello everyone! Will be taking a trip to the Smokies this weekend and stopping by Dollywood on Saturday. The weather does not look to be all that great but I’m going regardless. What is Dollywood’s rain policy? Will the coasters (Lightning Rod specifically - it will be my 1st RMC) run in the rain?

Apologies if this was asked before. Much thanks!

Depends on the amount of rain. Can't really go but the weather around here. It might rain for a few hours and be sunny the rest of the day. I'm sure you will be fine!