TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

According to Ace Winter Warm-up, it is closed for 2019 but they haven't decided what to do with it.

Listen to what Pete says closely.

He doesn't sound optimistic and appears resigned to it staying closed.

I feel if LR would have stuck with 1 train, it's wait wouldn't be as long.. it takes them nearly 30 mins to add and remove a train! Slightly less removing. And during my wait they did this a couple times!

I suspect the train issues aren't fully resolved, hence they don't run 2 trains for extended periods.

Some sort of maintenance / rest needed.

But they also think the capacity with 2 trains is worth the down time,

I think it'll probably be closed permanently myself but I don't believe the park has made any official statement on it yet, aside from the video I posted and that only officially says 2019. I understand the park taking it off the 2019 maps and taking signs down if it's not planned for opening this year

Thing is though, as hot as it is in TN, the park should try and plan for or announce another water ride for the next part of the expansion if they do indeed close Slidewinder for good. River Rampage and Daredevil Falls both got very very backed up yesterday when it got hot and it never broke 80. A nice indoor dark ride would also do and help people escape the heat if they include AC. Not a lot of places to escape the heat at Dollywood

As for the capacity issue running two trains on LR, it stacks like a beast so I'm not sure how much it truly helps. I'm sure it shaves off half a minute or something between launches but it can't be much. Plus, the normal wait from where I was (bottom of the first set of steps) is normally thirty mins with only one train. Them switching back and forth made it a two hour wait. However, flash passes didn't help this one bit and left the general line at a halt

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I don't believe the park has made any official statement on it yet, aside from the video I posted and that only officially says 2019.

No, nothing official on the longer term. Pete's comments are the only official comments I know of at all.

(It was discussed some here earlier in March during Winter Warmup)

Does Dollywood typically close Lightning Rod's queue early? I'm not exactly used to it being open consistently so I didn't know.

The park already had the queue closed 10 minutes to closing when we tried to get a final ride. Thankfully it ran all day without issues so I got plenty of rides.

Does Dollywood typically close Lightning Rod's queue early? I'm not exactly used to it being open consistently so I didn't know. [emoji38]

The park already had the queue closed 10 minutes to closing when we tried to get a final ride. Thankfully it ran all day without issues so I got plenty of rides.

Not typically. If their is a long wait they might close it but most rides leave the queue open until closing and then close at closing and continue to empty the line.

Was the ride still running then? Was the park slammed today like yesterday? With the snow in the mountains and cooler day I would figure crowds to be a lot smaller but if it had a 75 min wait I can see them closing the line early to help get through the crowd already inside.

If the ride was closed at this time and not running, it possibly broke down and they figured it wouldn't be back before closing time

Being local, this is actually the time I'm normally at the park. Close to closing

Queue websites indicate Mystery Mine is running right now with a 60 min wait. Nice.

Glad to hear Mystery Mine is back up and running. It's a bummer I missed it by just a few days since I do enjoy just how weird it is, but my girlfriend certainly wasn't disappointed. She mentions that ride in the same breath as a SLC.

Dollywood is looking pretty this year, just like always! Wildwood Grove looks far from being complete. When is the grand opening? And of course, Lightning Rod is running like a champ regardless of temperature.

Dollywood is looking pretty this year, just like always! Wildwood Grove looks far from being complete. When is the grand opening? And of course, Lightning Rod is running like a champ regardless of temperature.

It's supposed to open in May, at least that's what most local advertising is saying. No exact date however

I wouldn't hold my breath on that date.

It would be unusual to delay after all the stuff they sent out about the preview and open. Lots of people would have made plans by now.

I assume they had a plan to get there before they started announcing stuff.

See I never got anything about the preview aside from my ticket haha

No dates or anything, but yeah, hopefully they have a plan and I know most of the landscaping will come in ready to go

I saw something about it. It discussed a ticket that came with pass purchase and getting a wrist band with it.

I thought it was an email buy since I didn't renew early and wouldn't be able to go I may have deleted it.

Yeah, that was the season pass deal they had and most of us have our tickets already for the preview but they say TBD for date and times

It's possible there was another special at some time that also included tickets but I got mine during the season pass special

If it opena on the 10th I'd say preview will be on the 9th

Yeah, that was the season pass deal they had and most of us have our tickets already for the preview but they say TBD for date and times

But I saw something with the date and details, I think in March.

Pretty sure it was the WG list I signed up for back in August bot the normal passholders list or general DW list.

I got a survey from Dollywood about new options for a dark ride and new festival ideas. It first had you rank between a traditional dark ride, a flying theater attraction, and a interactive walk through experience. It then had you go through about 5 themes for the traditional dark ride. Based on the themes this sounds like a Phase 2 attraction for Wildwood Grove. Themes ranged from bears, fireflies, counterfeit money maker, map maker, etc. They also had detail about a new Christmas show that was a orchestrated candlelit experience with the Nativity story, and a daily Summer parade (looked Wildwood Grove themed). I can upload screenshots I took if anyone is interested.