TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your State Test

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Ohio, Grades 4 and 6 take the Ohio Proficiency Test. Most schools in Ohio also give the OOPT (Ohio Off Year Proficiency Test) or TerraNova in grades 3, 5, 7, 8, and 9 (actually it might be required, I'm not sure). The big one that you have to pass to graduate is the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test), which is taken in 10th grade.

^ Oh yeah, I forgot about those ITBS's! (Iowa Tests of Basic Skills). We took them to find out if you were "gifted" but I still don't get why Ohio can't invent their own test for that. Now that I think about it, I also remember taking the OLSAT (Otis-Lennon School Ability Test) in 3rd and 7th grade, I wonder if that is required too?

We have (in California):

-STAR tests (Standardized Testing and Reporting) that we take every year.

-CAHSEE test (CA High School Exit Exam)

And then they throw in some other tests (like writing) in certain grades.

That's all that I know of, but there might be more.

In Florida, you take this stupid yet controversial test called the FCATs.

Basically, I think its retarded, for one, they repeat the instructions a LOT. Look teacher... we know how to bubble in a darn answer or answer a long question or memorising that story about this boy named Paul and the rain coming near. Then, everybody is done with the test in a 1/2 hour, and we sit there for like 3 hours until the teacher can let us out.

The controversy around the FCATs is this, basically forcing all 3rd graders know how to read and now its in some kind of debate in Tallahassle.

Still, the FCATs (or FCRAPs) suck...

in Connecticut it's CAPT (Connecticut Acedemic Performance Test)

I think that's the one that's done in 10th grade, or the one done in elementary schools. But I know for a fact that the test you gotta take in 10th grade, you need to pass it fully in order to graduate. Thankfully, that was passed when I was in 12th grade, so I was golden.

In texas, we have two:

For the elementary-HS, its TASK, which maybe thrown out all together if Kinky Freedman gets into office this november.

College, We have an entrance exam (for public colleges) called TASP,which has put alot of people into remedial classes.

From what I remember, in 3rd or 4th grade (or both) in Ohio we had to take CAT (California Achievement Test?).

There was some kind a proficiency test in eighth grade, and random writing tests in 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th.

Starting in ninth grade, you had to pass proficiency tests in I think science, math, reading, and writing. The same in twelfth grade; if you didn't pass everything by then you didn't graduate. There were also more stupidly easy random writing tests, this one weird test I took to see if I was gifted, and of course the SAT and ACT. Oh, and the PSAT.

I think that's it, at least for the county I lived in in OH (Cuyahoga).

-amanda

Here in Missori we have quite a few tests, but here are the big ones:

CAT (California Assesment? Test)- Taken in second grade to get into the gifted program (which I am in)

MAP (Missouri Assesment Program)- Taken in many grades

Terra Nova- Taken in many grades