TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well, I've only played the game I'm working on, and some of the tech demos, and what was at E3, but I love it! I'm far more into it than any of the other "next gen" systems.

--Robb

I'm really excited about it. It's so nice to see Nintendo trying to focus on innovative gameplay, instead of just 31337 graphics. The obsession with graphics kinda reminds me of theme parks being obsessed with breaking roller coaster records.

I really want to try the bowling game. I'm super hooked on this cheesy trackball-based arcade bowling game right now. Nerdy, right?

^ You're absolutely right. Using a theme park analogy, PS3 is like building the next great B&M multi-looper. You'll have seen all the elements before, but this time a little bigger, a little longer, and a little faster.

Where the Wii is like creating something unique and cool, like "Winjas." Not the tallest, not the fastest, but OMG it's so cool!!!!

--Robb

^ You're absolutely right. Using a theme park analogy, PS3 is like building the next great B&M multi-looper. You'll have seen all the elements before, but this time a little bigger, a little longer, and a little faster.

Where the Wii is like creating something unique and cool, like "Winjas." Not the tallest, not the fastest, but OMG it's so cool!!!!

--Robb

That's exactly the reason I want a Wii. I suck at gaming but I think I might be able to handle a Wii which will make it more fun.

I played several Wii games today at my local mall, and I have to say that it was quite a blast! Loved the Sports games I played (baseball, bowling, tennis), Wii Play Shooting was awesome, and Zelda looks like it'll be great. Not too impressed by Excite Truck, but it was alright. Now I just need to be able to play the games I've already purchased, it's almost Sunday!

IGN, and Gamespot finally review Zelda.

IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746691p1.html

Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/thelegendofzelda/review.html?sid=6161993

BTW, Robb, have you played Zelda, or just games from Activision?

~Mike

Besides our ATVI games (Downhill Jam, CoD, MUA, and a couple things in development I can't talk about) I've played: Super Mario Galaxy, Wario Ware, Metriod, and some of the tech demos. I've seen Zelda quite a bit, but never played since honestly I'm not a "Zelda person."

--Robb "Will probably be the only person with a Wii that won't be buying Zelda!" Alvey

I've always been a Sony guy but there is no way in ell I was going to buy the PS3 as soon as it came out. They still have a ton of things to work out with it (sound for PS2 games not working, not a great starting selection of games...). It seems alot like when the 360 was having problems in some of there units when they first released. I will be getting a PS3 and maybe a Wii but definately not until Sony fixes the problems.

Note: The link below contains naughty language.

http://tinyurl.com/y6hc66 (I used tiny URL because the URL itself contains naughty words).

I think Maddox is onto something here. Why does Sony ceaselessly release proprietary formats in attempts to monopolize a certain medium? They've been doing this from Betamax onward. I don't think they've received the memo that they're not what they once were. Sony made its bones by being a leader in the CRT market. They're anything but the leader in today's TV and PC monitor market. But, they still act like they're king.

I'm so glad no one is camping outside of my Best Buy for the Wii like they did for the PS3. Yet I still am waking up slightly early just incase.

Here at my Meijers (where I work - super store) they have been in here waiting for the full 24 hours so that suprises me. We only had 6 PS3's and we have 6 Wii's.

I want a Nintendo...after what Ive seen on Youtube...dang.

I'm so glad no one is camping outside of my Best Buy for the Wii like they did for the PS3. Yet I still am waking up slightly early just incase.

Im about to drive by my best buy to see if people are camping out.

I realized, while it will deffinately help them gain marketshare, the fact that they have a such a great supply of Wiis kinda hurts the image at launch. People saw giant lines for days for the PS3, yet they might be able to just stroll into a target and get a Wii.

Oh well, im happyt about it, i would DEFINATELY have one if i didn't have a soccergame at 8AM (champinship game, so i can't miss it) so im relitying on my dad and sister to manage to find one for me.

yet they might be able to just stroll into a target and get a Wii.

Call me a fool, But that's what I'm planning on doing. I just drove past my Best Buy at 11:00 PM. Stores locked up. No one is outside.

This = a happy Colin

And if Best Buy is out of them. Stroll on over to Target (Literally 50 feet away from the Best Buy entrance). And if not there, Wal-Mart (Another 200 feet). If not there, there is a EBgames about 2 miles down the road and another Game store in the mall. Sooooo basically I'm all set

Ha. Watch me post tomorrow...I didn't get a Wii. Then I officially give you permission to flame me to death