TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

Please Robb don't lower your standards just because a few people say that these videos are good enough for the coaster community! I have seen all of your Pov videos and I have noticed the extra care you put into them compared to these recent videos of EE.

You know who you are and you know how to video and damn good POV. So please continue your top notch POV's with your video taking skills.

I admit this last video was better then the first ones ONLY because it's in the front seat and not seeing the back of some stupid headrest! But I do understand the points you are making here about the video taking quality!

And I totally agree with you when you say if you going to have a "FIRST LOOK EXCLUSIVE" boasting about it and spaming it across every news group you can find, BACK IT UP WITH SOMETHING HOT!!!

Mike"notices and appreciates extra efforts you put into your POV's"Black

Again, your comments just make me think that if this is "good enough" for the coaster community why bother putting the extra effort into something?

--Robb "Perhaps I just need to lower my standards." Alvey

Now im not saying it a good video I was just trying to see the lighter side of it (if there is any). Personally I wouldnt have just thrown out a video of that caliber just to be the 'first' but I do thank them for giving me a chance to see it. Im not aware of the spamming across other message boards (wow...its more boards than this??).

Jarvis "just didnt say the video sucked because im sure they have heard it over and over lol! " Morant

If only that drop was worth drooling over. I can't believe how tame it is.

I think if someone is expecting a Millenium Force or S:ROS type drop, they will be disappointed. If, however, they are looking for a thrilling, fun, and unique attraction, this is it.

I have been on it 10 times, and I still think it's great! Just don't go expecting it to be the end-all-be-all of coasters!

Just my two cents....now back on the ride!

That's the thing. I'm not a coaster person AT ALL. In fact, I won't go on anything with inversions and I've only ridden 1 ride with a drop over 100 feet. And Everest's drop still made me think "WTF!? That's it!?!?"

As an overall experience, it's really not that unique at all. It's like a badly planned combination of BTMR and the Matterhorrn, it just goes backwards. Even the Yeti is nothing to write home about... not that you'll remember anything about him by the time you get to the gift shop. I'm going to nickname him Triple B. The big brown blur.

If only that drop was worth drooling over. I can't believe how tame it is.

I think if someone is expecting a Millenium Force or S:ROS type drop, they will be disappointed. If, however, they are looking for a thrilling, fun, and unique attraction, this is it.

I have been on it 10 times, and I still think it's great! Just don't go expecting it to be the end-all-be-all of coasters!

Just my two cents....now back on the ride!

Thrilling, fun, unique attraction?

1- Thrilling- I don't think so. Most thrilling thing are the forces felt when travelling backwards and that whole sequence.

2- Fun- A bit. But I think they were more hardpressed to tell a story (which in the end isn't all that clear to begin with) than to offer a fun experience. Most fun part for me is actually the sequence in between the mini-lift hill and the main life hill.

3- Unique? Not sure. Like JT said, it feels like BTMR and wants to be like Matterhorn. Not even the backwards portion is new since RotM on both coasts has been doing this for almost 2 years now. To me, RotM (not comparing, just making a statement) is a more unique attraction than EE.

I'm almost feeling like expressing my opinions in the last week since riding EE is making me dislike the ride a bit more than I actually did. It wasn't a bad ride, I just don't think its thrilling, unique, and isn't too heavy on fun (at least for me.)

I just dont get it...I havent read anywhere where these people are saying they are "professional videographers" and they have the best videos in the world.

What I'm seeing is websites boasting they have the "FIRST LOOK EXCLUSIVE" which, in MY mind says if you're going to boast about something, and spam it across every newsgroup you can find, back it up with something HOT!

Im not trying to insult anyone or anything like that but everyone isnt going to run out and buy the top of the line camera equipment and lip stick cams to make the "best evar!!11!!"

That's such a misconception. You don't NEED a top of the line camera or lipstick camera to make a good video. Anyone that thinks they do doesn't know much about shooting video. Hell, most of the equipment we use is actually BOTTOM of the line cheap or even used stuff!

But you're right, Jarmor. The videos don't say they are "good", they just say they are "first."

So it's kind of like someone boasting about their pre-release copy of star wars on DVD, and it turns out to be some piece of s**t where someone snuck a camera in the theater and what you see is mostly the back of someones head and audio quality that rivals most telephone conversations.

I'll wait for the DVD release, thank you!

Again, your comments just make me think that if this is "good enough" for the coaster community why bother putting the extra effort into something?

--Robb "Perhaps I just need to lower my standards." Alvey

Guy "You know me. Your standards could not get any lower." Koepp

There's the whole 'not supposed to film anyway' factor as well. These videos are partly crap because they are doing this stuff covert.

Heard photo/video ban was lifted last weekend.

edit: enjoyment is relative apparently -- some of you enjoyed the ride, others didn't. Why some of you would even begin to expect intense thrills at a Disney park is beyond me.

Do your research! Its a family park (supposed to be).

The ride was intense (and rough!) enough for me,

J.

There's the whole 'not supposed to film anyway' factor as well. These videos are partly crap because they are doing this stuff covert.

edit: enjoyment is relative apparently -- some of you enjoyed the ride, others didn't. Why some of you would even begin to expect intense thrills at a Disney park is beyond me.

J.

I can only speak for myself but lack of intensity and thrills is just one minor reason I was underwhelmed by Everest. Some of my favorite rides ever aren't quite ones people would call intense or thrilling to begin with. I'm talking about rides like the Haunted Mansion at Knoebels, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Matterhorn, and Men in Black (and as much of a coaster lover I am, give me a dark ride over a coaster anyday). To me its not about the thrills and intensity, but how much fun I have. IMO, the people who designed EE were more concerned about the story rather than making the ride fun. I would have loved to experience more of that coaster section after the main lift hill but before it can get fun they completely bring the ride to a halt. And helix after helix (some variety would have been nice) makes for a boring coaster that really isn't a lot of fun for me. So not all of us are after the tallest and fastest record breaking coaster when it comes to EE, but a boost in the "fun factor" would have been appreciated.

Also, EE is nowhere near the roughest coaster I have been on.

J.

I was never expecting a mega-coaster, obviously. But would a little airtime be too much to ask? Considering old rides like BTMR and SM have it, I don't think so. The "It's a family park" excuse is just that when it comes to supposed thrill rides. And I especially don't buy that when one of Disney's roughest, scariest rides ever is in AK. Still the best ride in the park.

OK I have a request,

Does anybody have a video of EE that is like windows media, but there is a catch. I dont want to download it completly ( you know) I want it to be like the download of videos on this website. I thankyou for anything- Mitchell

I'm really confused by this.

Do you want a file that *IS* Windows Media (wmv file) or is *LIKE* Windows media? (if so what file type?)

And what do you mean you don't want to download it completely.....like the videos on this site? All the videos on this site you have to download completely in order to view!

--Robb "Puzzled" Alvey

Nvm I found it but thnx for trying to help! What I meant thou when I download yall's videos they aren't slow and jumpy and i don't have to download them onto something in "my documents". But thnx n e way - Mitchell (hope your not confused anymore Robb) Moore

Oh yeah I thought the ride was awsome!

Nvm I found it but thnx for trying to help! What I meant thou when I download yall's videos they aren't slow and jumpy and i don't have to download them onto something in "my documents". But thnx n e way - Mitchell (hope your not confused anymore Robb) Moore

Oh yeah I thought the ride was awsome!

Please don't call the ride awEsome until you have ridden it for yourself.

^ Please don't tell people what they should or shouldn't be saying about a ride. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and NO ONE here should be criticizing anyone else for having one. Regardless if they have ridden it or not.

--Robb "I think Speed Monster looks AWESOME!" Alvey

I think the point was already been made, and I accept that. No reason for every other person to repeat it. (Sorry for being somewhat prickish, I'm just in a crabby mood today)

People are welcome to their own opinions, but just be careful about hyping yourself up too much before riding a much anticipated ride.......

Ummmm.... lemme change the topic. So whens the first day for AP previews, is it Thursday or Friday?