TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

What? No Dinosaur . . . AT NIGHT?

I am sure that it is extra dark at night, but we simply ran out of time. Sorry about that.

They probably turn all the lights on--this would truly make the Dinosaur experience complete.

What? No Dinosaur . . . AT NIGHT?

I am sure that it is extra dark at night, but we simply ran out of time. Sorry about that.

PRIORITIES, DAMMIT!!!!

I can't believe there was anything more important at AK than Dinosaur. All is not right with the world...

dt

LOL, at least I did include a rather large Dinosaur sequence in my last AK video for you Dave. Dark Dark Holiday Dinosaur!

Cool video. I love DAK at night. It really is special. My family and I just returned from a 10-day holiday there and the Extra Magic Hours at DAK one night were from 8pm until 11pm. Of course it was also 30 degrees outside. So, not only did we ride Everest five times at about 10:30pm, it was literally FREEZING outside.

Definitely an experience I won't forget anytime soon.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I rode Expedition Everest on Monday and the Yeti was no longer lit by a flash of light. There was a low level light going constantly allowing for a full view the entire time in the chamber. The light also allowed some of the superstructure to be seen in the dark reverse section. Does anyone know if this is permanent?

They also moved the Mickey/Minnie jeep opening show to the area right beyond the turnstyle for the early extra hour.

The Yeti figure has, disappointingly, been broken for several years now. I've heard several rumors pertaining to a future fix, but I haven't heard of one being green lit and acted upon yet. I know that the figure can be fixed with or without closing the attraction.

^^From what I understand, the new lighting is actually the lighting used when she moves, although the Yeti is still very much not moving. There have been a handful of imagineers walking around the mountain and riding occasionally in the last few months in order to take a look at the Yeti, but no one has heard what the official plan is to fix her yet.

Edited by natatomic

^ Anatomically speaking probably... Also, this is the only attraction in the entire Disney franchise where if they want to fix the Yeti then pretty much need to close the ride. The yeti is literally the point of the ride, the extremely detailed que tells the story of the Yeti, and this ride would be TERRIBLE without the Yeti. That is, at least IMO the main reason why the Yeti hasnt been fixed, the ride is the only one I can think of that literally relys on one element to make it an awesome ride.

I had no idea the Yeti was female. Is that actually the case?

Come to think of it, you never really get a look at the "crucial area" of the Yeti, even though the monster is buck naked.