TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

3. I wish they could acquire one of the Derby Racers. The one at Rye Playland is amazing. They run it really fast. I dread the day someone falls off and gets hurt, resulting in the ride being forever slowed down. With Rye's precarious state, I think Knoebels could better manage such a treasure.

I've had this same thought. While it sounds like all of the plans for Playland point towards keeping the Derby Racer if any of those plans fall through or if they don't prove to be profitable I would love to see Knoebels buy that ride. Then again I hope this never becomes necessary as I'd like Playland to stick around for a long time.

Knoebels is promising "the next big thing for Knoebels" for the 2015 season...

1008233_10153702638190551_1243690881_o.jpg

Honestly, skeptical A.J. is skeptical, but if they're getting ready to announce it this early in the year, it may be a pretty big attraction. Let the speculation begin...I mean continue!

WOODEN WILD MOUSE!!!!!!!!

(actually, the subtle hint that this is something a little "crazy" has me secretly hoping for an RMC...)

Whatever it is, I hope it's big. I think it's high time Knoebels had its "Voyage", something people will travel across the country for.

Edited by Dr. M

I wonder what kind of classic ride Knoebels lacks. A Zipper with modern technology?

If this happened I'd move to Elysburg and never leave.

I completely agree... A bigger, better, more bad@$$ park model zipper would be absolutely incredible.. Just make 4 seat cages, & double the size (but still keep it fast moving and intense/outa control feeling like the origonal).

It would be an absolutely awesome ride & would certainly put chance back on the map.

Honestly, skeptical A.J. is skeptical, but if they're getting ready to announce it this early in the year, it may be a pretty big attraction. Let the speculation begin...I mean continue!

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing given how they announced their other attractions, but then again, KD also mentioned that 2015 plans would be later this year. Given how Knoebels is compared to KD, I think they might have something special in-store.

I'm thinking it could be a pretty rare refurbished attraction, but I am leaning more towards a coaster. As for it is for something completely new, an old design made new (like Flying Turns), or a used ride, I think there's a chance for it to be anything. My wishlist would be an RMC (I would love to have one of those close to home), something from Freestyle Music Park or something similar to Lightning Run. I'm betting that we might see this going up throughout the 2014 season if it's big.

If this were to be a coaster, where would they put it? They only areas that I could see possible would be the hill that the Scenic Skyride is on or along the treeline next to the parking lot. I'm sure they'd find a way to squeeze it in if its someplace else.

One of these three would be fantastic - a terrain wooden coaster along the Skyride hill, a reproduction Virginia Reel, or Knightmare from Camelot.