TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Flying Turns apparently has been certified and spent today cycling private guests of the park. The long national nightmare is over, peeps. Probably as soon as tomorrow, Flying Turns is open to the public.

If it does indeed open this weekend, I'll have to see about making a special trip to check it out next weekend since I have off (would rather be at BGW and KD instead of ACEr Fest this year). I was starting to wonder if anyone has heard of it possibly opening this weekend. Hoping for the best!

Will also be attending next weekend, hopefully not as crowded as PPP, not sure saturday or sunday however though.

Pictures being posted of people riding Flying Turns! If any of our TPR members are going to be at Knoebels this weekend it would be great to get some photos & video if Flying Turns really does open to the public. Please let us know!

734099_10151907549949271_124987781_n.jpg.0f0c4344f9cd290082ecc05e7127f855.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Oh my! I think tomorrow I will be going to Knoebels all day! Now who can I drag there with me lol

I've never been to PPP before. Are most of the rides open?

Everything except the water rides is open during the afternoon. At night, only certain rides are open. Official schedule at www.knoebels.com/images/pdf/MediaDownloads/Phunfest2013.pdf

I had to look and see how late they announced Black Diamond (since they haven't actually announced Flying Turns yet!) and it appears that Black Diamond was announced sometime around 6 PM the day before PPP. So there's still a chance they'll announce Flying Turns.

The other possibility I've been thinking of is that, since the line is bound to be outrageous with the capacity being so low, they might not announce it, but make it a PPP-only ride.

I have a feeling that a zombie apocalypse is going to be more enjoyable than PPP this year...

But kudos to the park for sticking with the project and finally getting it done.

3 to 6, depending on size and weight.

So 3 considering the group of people who will be at the park this weekend. And if there is a total weight restriction per train, then it might only be 1!

Edited by robbalvey

That line is going to be long! I am going to try to get there nice and early tomorrow.

I would suggest that. Keep in mind that Knoebels doesn't really have a "gate" so there isn't anything stopping anyone from walking over from the campground at 4am to be "first in line." I mean, they are camping at Knoebels anyway, right?

That line is going to be long! I am going to try to get there nice and early tomorrow.

I would suggest that. Keep in mind that Knoebels doesn't really have a "gate" so there isn't anything stopping anyone from walking over from the campground at 4am to be "first in line." I mean, they are camping at Knoebels anyway, right?

Oh boy...

I had to look and see how late they announced Black Diamond (since they haven't actually announced Flying Turns yet!) and it appears that Black Diamond was announced sometime around 6 PM the day before PPP. So there's still a chance they'll announce Flying Turns.

The other possibility I've been thinking of is that, since the line is bound to be outrageous with the capacity being so low, they might not announce it, but make it a PPP-only ride.

I would be completely surprised if Flying Turns was included on any wristband for at least 3 years.

Pictures being posted of people riding Flying Turns! If any of our TPR members are going to be at Knoebels this weekend it would be great to get some photos & video if Flying Turns really does open to the public. Please let us know!

Less than a week to go before the 8th anniversary of Flying Turns being announced (October 9th). If they can open to the public before then our long national nightmare may finally be over!

In other news, Hell has been experiencing record low temperatures. Forecasts show Hell may be freezing over...

What do you mean "Hell"? Is it the filter?

He means we all thought Flying Turns would finally open when hell freezes over, or when pigs fly. Which according to this image appears to be turn as well now....