TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: "Bodies Revealed" opens in Korean Theme Park

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually went to one of these in Cleveland a few years back. Interesting is a good word to describe it. The side boob action left was less than desirable.

The wife spotted a female bladder next to a male one and now she has proof that women are a crappy design. The male bladder was the size of a grapefruit give or take the female one was closer to a plum.

He did a tv show here in britain recently called anatomy for begginers.

I nearly threw up after my brother made me watch some of that programme, I thought it was a bit too gross to be educational. I remember it being on a nine o clock which i thought was a bit strange too.

I remember when they had that sortof hing at the meusam of science and indesturey in chicago

Let me translate. And if you'd like to continue posting here, please read our rules and ToS.

"I remember when they had that sort of exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago."

Yeah, I went to the one that was on exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. It was pretty sick. I probably shouldn't have chosen to eat before hand either. Also, let's just say that the look on that kids face on the first page... was pretty much my reaction (albiet cool) to the entire exhibit.

A lost of "I remember when they had that exhibit at...."

Hate to be a nitpick, but sorry. There was only one original exhibit (Van Hugen's, or whatever his name was). Due to the success of that highly controversal excercise, companies all around the world have gotten in on the action. When one rolls into your town, it may sound unique and unprecedented, but there are probably about 8-10 rip offs running around at the moment.

The one at MOSI at Tampa uses bodies from China which went unclaimed. Both Chinese and American policy is to donate unclaimed, unidentified bodies to science. The controversy has been, as far as I can tell, that (1) nothing in that policy suggests it is okay to display these bodies to the public, and (2) certain exhibits have crossed the line from science into art. This latter point is especially evident in the original exhibit, such as that man on the horse holding his brain in one hand and the horse's in the other.

The Anatomy for Beginners show has just aired in Australia on SBS - the country's default network for showing weird international programs - and it was actually a pretty interesting series. I saw a few episodes - really intriguing one on the digestive system where he completley unravelled the digestive tract over a 12m long table.

My viewing stopped however when I turned the show on a fortnight ago and saw the beginnings of a testicle dissection. I'm squirming in my seat now and I don't think it's an image that's going to leave my brain too soon

I saw Bodyworld 2 in Cleveland last year. I found it to be an amazing display, certainly the most intriguing and worthwhile museum display I've ever seen, and I can't imagine ever topping it.

It was a combination of disgusting and unbelievably fascinating. It didn't seem like it was designed to shock or repulse. More like it was to show the incredible intricacies of the human body, in interesting and (mostly) beautiful ways. And believe me, diagrams in biology textbooks and plaster models don't even begin to demonstrate the subtle, complex systems & structures in human bodies.

One exhibit that sticks out is a complete human circulatory system (minus the miniscule capilaries) floating in a liquid.

Also cool was three sets of lungs... Normal, smokers lungs, and coal miner's lungs. First you see the normal ones which are pretty white, except for a couple dark specs from dust accumation over the person's life. Next is smoker's lung, and the word that comes quickly to mind is 'repulsive.' Then the coal miner's lung, which makes the smokers's lung look healthy. It even glistened the way a hunk of coal does. Horrible!

The display was at the Science Center, and it definitely was presented as a learning experience (which it was) and not a freak-show amusement. It was VERY worth seeing. In fact, I saw it twice, and would gladly see it again.

Highly recommended, even for kids, though maybe not super little ones (there were quite a few kids there.)

BTW, I noticed that this, or something really close to this was on display at the Tropicana in Las Vegas. Did anyone go see it?

--Robb "Thought it was REALLY an odd thing for Vegas!!!" Alvey

I saw it, Robb, it was quite odd, it was interesting, but the whole time you had to convince yourself that what you were sing was REAL. It just didn't SEEM real, how they were dried, how they were displayed, and how they were NOT enclosed, you could touch them if you had the urge to.

The weird thing was, *I* nor anyone that i saw in the exhibit, looked gorssed out at all. Thats odd, because i can't squish a bug bigger then a house fly without thinking its digusting.

It was cool though, the tounge freaked me out, and the baby room was just sad.

*has nightmares about the "frog baby".