TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Did they not have mazes at all? Great Adventure had all of the outdoor mazes open, and they all sucked per-usual. Honestly they were maybe a little better than normal since the socially distanced groups made it so each of the 3 scare actors in each maze scared everyone.

No mazes at all and I personally would not call what they had scare zones. They basically had a few areas where some scare actors were inside a barricaded zone that they stayed inside of and guests were on the outside so it was totally up to the guest how close to the zone and monsters you got, there was no element of them jumping out at you or chasing. Just you standing there watching them try to be scary. Pretty much a dud. I thought they did better with the HITP offerings.

We went to our first Fright Fest in 10-15 years, in 2019. We only stayed for long enough for me (pregnant AF wife) to have a couple beers and walk around, but I thought it was really well done. I liked the scare zones. The haunted saloon bar was nice. I wish they served drinks in there year round.

As someone who is a Halloween nut and that's been to a good number of standalone haunts, I went to my first Fright Fest in 2019 and also thought it was very well done, especially given what I was expecting. I will temper my expectations for this year given everything, but I do look forward to attending it. 

• Like 1

Anyone have information on when Adventure Cove is opening in HH?  We have been waiting on opening since there isn't much for our 5 year old to do without a splash zone/kiddie area.

thanks.

Mike

15 hours ago, bbmchl said:

Anyone have information on when Adventure Cove is opening in HH?  We have been waiting on opening since there isn't much for our 5 year old to do without a splash zone/kiddie area.

thanks.

Mike

Unfortunately I think the answer is "When it gets done"

42 minutes ago, WillsMominMO said:

Any Six Flags employees...can you confirm that my son will be able to get into Silver Dollar City with his employee badge? Can he bring a guest? Asking before I buy tickets.

Yes last I heard the park exchange is still alive between the two parks. If you can't to confirm with SDC call their customer service and ask if they are still doing "park exchange" with SFSl

36 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

Herschend Family Entertainment and Six Flags Entertainment Corporation are two different companies.

While that is true, usually theme park workers enjoy many "fringe" benifits, such as getting free tickets to other parks via a "park exchange". It's one of the reasons I still "work" at the park.

45 minutes ago, WillsMominMO said:

Any Six Flags employees...can you confirm that my son will be able to get into Silver Dollar City with his employee badge? Can he bring a guest? Asking before I buy tickets.

Yup! All Six Flags St. Louis employees get into Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, and Worlds of Fun for free. Make sure to call ahead as some of them have blackout dates for the park exchange. Plus lots of other stuff like free/discounted shows and attractions in Branson and Meramec Caverns. Most allow at least you and a guest. 

Lots of good perks to working at Six Flags.

• Like 1

The last time my son used his "get in free" to HW they asked for a pay stub, which he did not have. We finally convinced her by showing not only his badge but his current work schedule on the employee portal. We did not try to use it last year at SDC since you had to purchase tickets on line and I couldn't find anyway to do the free park employee thing and decided it was kind of churlish under last year's Covid circumstances anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

On the topic of hours for the rest of the year. I have noticed that right now they are not listing the two November weekends between Halloween and the start of HITP as open. Usually it would be 12-6 hours under the theme of "fall weekends". So not sure what is up with that. At the moment the employee availability request only goes through Sept 19, which will be the last weekend before FF. 

2 minutes ago, Sportsdude360 said:

^They can mean only one thing, your "New For 2022" Tilt-O-Whirl is going in that spot. 

I'd be down as hell for a two-flat package to make Illinois a better section. Don't threaten me with a good time.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a brawl that needed lots of security toward the end of the day between SS and Boomer yesterday. Bad enough that they had to cease operation of SS which double sucked because it was down all day Sat and much of the day Sun. Let you know if I get any details on it after today.