TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, bossstl said:

Does something like six flags Power Hours intrest you guys and gals?

https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/events/six-flags-power-hours

Doesn't appear that they're charging Season Passes/Memberships, as they rightly shouldn't.  *coughSFGADVcough*

^ dunno where you are getting that.

the "Buy" page, totally reads as if the only way to access the Power Hour is to purchase the add on.

so you have to either have a pass/membership, or buy a day ticket to get in. . and the add-on $20 gives you access to the Power Hours

I have zero issue with that. . it's a "bonus" added on for those willing to pay, just like some of the parties at Disney (which are not included in the cost of ticket)

6 minutes ago, bert425 said:

^ dunno where you are getting that.

the "Buy" page, totally reads as if the only way to access the Power Hour is to purchase the add on.

so you have to either have a pass/membership, or buy a day ticket to get in. . and the add-on $20 gives you access to the Power Hours

I have zero issue with that. . it's a "bonus" added on for those willing to pay, just like some of the parties at Disney (which are not included in the cost of ticket)

I had inferred it from the fact that SFGAdv's site has two options to buy Power Hour tickets, one for Passes/Members and one without, and the fact that the website states that "a ticket is required for everyone" whereas SFStL's just says "reservations are required for everyone."  But I could be mistaken.

5 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

I had inferred it from the fact that SFGAdv's site has two options to buy Power Hour tickets, one for Passes/Members and one without, and the fact that the website states that "a ticket is required for everyone" whereas SFStL's just says "reservations are required for everyone."  But I could be mistaken.

that's not the purchase page - so they're just defaulting to note reservations are required.

click on the purchase option and it brings you to the purchase page:  that at the top has Membership, Season Pass, 1-day ticket options.

then below the Power Hours as a separate add on option.

so yeah. . I totally read this as they are charging for the after hours limited crowd.

Power Hours isn't listed as an add-on. It seems to be a fully separate ticket option and it's the only option available. Great Adventure's Power Hour is $5 for passholders (it never mentions Memberships even on their page though, making me wonder if Members get in free or if they're considered passholders) and the buy page has a toggle to switch between the two buy options. Great Adventure also doesn't list the Power Hours on their normal operating calendar - the hours take place outside of the existing entries on the calendar.

There's a lot of information missing in both parks' cases so I'm wondering how long ago they decided to do this. But I really think ours is different and is basically just a way to have $20 tickets, and passholders just get in as normal.

For the record I'm also able to make a reservation for it with just my membership card number (don't worry I didn't complete it, I didn't take a slot I can't use). So unless something is broken it certainly looks like this confirms we get in free for our version of the event.

I too went thru clicking on the buy tab (but didn't buy).

the purchase page CLEARLY states, you must have a ticket for the Power Hours ($19.99) to enter the event from 6-11 pm.

but there's no point in discussing further, as noted tho, seems clear to me, this is a charged event regardless if you are a passholder or member.
- hope you're right and i'm incorrect tho.  Let us know if you go next Friday and it's free!

image.thumb.png.0d6e065061a88cc55b1abf14e3e375a3.png

1 hour ago, bert425 said:

I too went thru clicking on the buy tab (but didn't buy).

the purchase page CLEARLY states, you must have a ticket for the Power Hours ($19.99) to enter the event from 6-11 pm.

but there's no point in discussing further, as noted tho, seems clear to me, this is a charged event regardless if you are a passholder or member.
- hope you're right and i'm incorrect tho.  Let us know if you go next Friday and it's free!

image.thumb.png.0d6e065061a88cc55b1abf14e3e375a3.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"On 4/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, bossstl said:

Does something like six flags Power Hours intrest you guys and gals?

https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/events/six-flags-power-hours"

Looks like the 23rd and me are having a date with some roller coasters 😄

Also reservations for the 16th and 23rd start at 5:30pm for those who wants to know.

------------

Also I found posted on facebook that they look like there clearing trees behind Log Flume, I didn't realize that last Friday but I wasn't really looking. What do you all think?:

171072254_10225366506493556_245730447369856608_n.jpg.265e2bb5cc16ee782a49b52af083746d.jpg

CREDIT: James Hartkopf

----------------

Another change happening in the park is that Colossus the Giant Ferris Wheel is getting repainted:

167534304_1678008075722703_8585428679589668815_n.jpg.6af4a40b1e9258831657b8e6fecbef3b.jpg

CREDIT: Nathan Rosner

Just now, Danrarbc said:

Its a reference about the STL lost a hyper to SFoG thing.

My guess is the trees came down to have easier access to the flume. Dollywood has been removing trees around their rides this year too.

Ahhh. Thanks!! I was wondering what he meant 😂

And that makes sense, I have to check it out next time I visit, especially with the trees blooming now.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:21 PM, CP_RULES said:

Check my last sentence. Stop at any grocery store between the airport and the park and pick up a styrofoam cooler for a few bucks. The convenience is way worth avoiding unreliable service at the park. I guess it just depends on how "doable" you really want it to be. For me, insane markup on crappy park food and waiting 1+ hours for it is not doable. 

I guess we will have to put it down to a personal preference issue. I wouldn't consider that an option because by the time I stop and buy the cooler/food and then deal with the ice in the morning and then have to dispose of it all; unless I'm a jerk and just leave it in the parking lot, pus the walking back out to the car and having to go back through security. That takes up the better part of the hour I spent standing in line. Plus buying something made of styrofoam for a one time use isn't very environmentally responsible. Not to mention, adding dining plans on reduces the cost per visit somewhat.

Agree to disagree and move on 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the most part I found food lines to be okay last summer provided you didn't attempt to eat at peak times. Also mobile ordering was working smoother. I think the primary issue this spring is coming down to weak staffing levels and I'd hope it'll improve again with more employees in the summer.

That said - who do I have to give the food locker suggestion to at Six Flags to have them seriously look at that? There are multiple unused food locations a few feet from existing restaurants now that could house them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

That said - who do I have to give the food locker suggestion to at Six Flags to have them seriously look at that? There are multiple unused food locations a few feet from existing restaurants now that could house them.

Mail a letter to the park president, that might work. 🤔😂

Six Flags St. Louis
Phil Liggett, Park President
P.O. Box 60
Eureka, MO 63025

When I was at the park on Sunday, I did see that there was a small food stand set up near the palace theater, on the side where you can enter DC comics plaza.  The tent they had set up was doing a 6 inch Subway sandwich, a bag of chips, and a drink.  You were able to use the dining pass here, as well as get drink refills.  You got the option of a turkey or ham sub, assorted chips, and the usual fountain drink options.  They included mustard and mayo packet with the bag with the sub in it.  It was nice in 2 ways...

1) Was an easy place to get member cup refilled with a drink, and not have to wait a long amount of time.

2) No line at all in the afternoon, so was easy to get something to eat very quickly.

I guess this is about as close to the "go fresh" cafe we can have now...

Also, got to see the maintenance staff fire up the pumps on Thunder River... Something I had always wanted to see being done, and had an excellent vantage point from Colossus.  Very cool to see the wall of water come down the hill after starting the journey at the top loading area!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, castaway_kid said:

Anyone planning on going to the Power Hours event this Friday? I think you are going to like some of the surprises.

Did anyone ever figure out if it's a hard ticket event for season pass/membership members?