TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Does anyone know what a food service worker makes at the park? I say it might not be enough to motivate them to expend even minimal effort. Even to stay warm.

I took my nephew out to the park on wed to get his 2017 pass processed and pick up his drink bottle.

The crowd was reasonable at pass processing and everything went pretty quickly. Then we got in line to get his drink bottle and time literally stopped. It is my hope that this employee was very new because I cannot understand how anyone who had even a few hours work into it could appear so confused and unsure of what they were doing. it is no exaggeration that it took her more than 5 minutes to wait on each person. This was to get a cup of soda with no cash exchanged. It seems technology to speed service is not quite up to the level it needs to be.

Not one transaction I saw was a paid one, all were using season passes. Its not like she had to be careful making change.

25 minutes to serve 10 people drinks and a couple of pretzels seems a bit excessive to me. maybe a pay increase would help.

Rant over - sorry

Kevin

Does anyone know what a food service worker makes at the park? I say it might not be enough to motivate them to expend even minimal effort. Even to stay warm.

I took my nephew out to the park on wed to get his 2017 pass processed and pick up his drink bottle.

The crowd was reasonable at pass processing and everything went pretty quickly. Then we got in line to get his drink bottle and time literally stopped. It is my hope that this employee was very new because I cannot understand how anyone who had even a few hours work into it could appear so confused and unsure of what they were doing. it is no exaggeration that it took her more than 5 minutes to wait on each person. This was to get a cup of soda with no cash exchanged. It seems technology to speed service is not quite up to the level it needs to be.

Not one transaction I saw was a paid one, all were using season passes. Its not like she had to be careful making change.

25 minutes to serve 10 people drinks and a couple of pretzels seems a bit excessive to me. maybe a pay increase would help.

Rant over - sorry

Kevin

Hhhmm, refilling a cup should take like 30 seconds. For 10 people for drinks and food...Not even five minutes.

Do you get a sports bottle when you get season passes anymore? We were never offered one so I just figured they stopped doing it

I think that depends on your pass type and if you paid for one as part of it....

Kevin

It was during that sale a couple months ago where it was the free upgrade to gold. I didn't do a dinning pass.

Do you get a sports bottle when you get season passes anymore? We were never offered one so I just figured they stopped doing it

I think that depends on your pass type and if you paid for one as part of it....

Kevin

It was during that sale a couple months ago where it was the free upgrade to gold. I didn't do a dinning pass.

I got this from the season pass page FAQ -

Unlimited soft drinks is a feature of the Premium Season Dining Pass or Premium Membership Dining Pass. Season Dining Passes allow you to eat lunch, dinner and a snack every time you visit the park all season long (depending on which Dining Pass package you choose). If you visit the park 4 or more times it is an incredible value. For more information, visit the Season Dining Pass page.

So you might be beat out --- sorry ( I am no expert --- I would check with guest relations anyway they have so many bonuses and specials on the passes at different times, you might actually have it in there somewhere) good luck

Kevin

Rant over - sorry

Kevin

Hhhmm, refilling a cup should take like 30 seconds. For 10 people for drinks and food...Not even five minutes.

in her defense she was actually assembling the cups as she went in some cases , but even with them coming in four parts you would think she could get the hang of it a bit quicker

Kevin

Thanks. This is the first year I've bought season passes in years so I'm unfamiliar with how things work. I'm one of those people that rarely use the cup so it's not a big deal but was just curious. Thank you again

I bought mine back in May, as I was expecting to go at least five times. I ended up just doing Fright Fest once, since it was too hot during summer. I think I only got two refills, so I don't think it was worth it.

Those kind of rides don't really need a whole lot of prep work. If the goal is the standard Memorial Day weekend, I wouldn't imagine seeing any sort of progress for at least a month. It will probably go up pretty quickly once work begins.

^ That's interesting. Especially considering The Joker at SFOT is being constructed at a furious pace. They'll probably have it finished in time for park opening at this rate. OTOH, flats can usually be put up in a few days. Here at SFOT, they were building Riddler(Zamperla Giant Discovery) and Catwoman(Zamperla Giant Endevor) side-by-side. And both were finished in relatively short order.

Those kind of rides don't really need a whole lot of prep work. If the goal is the standard Memorial Day weekend, I wouldn't imagine seeing any sort of progress for at least a month. It will probably go up pretty quickly once work begins.

It'd be interesting to get it up for opening day. There's plenty of time. But yeah, that's just being greedy. They'll probably aim for May as usual.

PS: SFGAM is aiming at the last weekend of May for Joker.

^ That's interesting. Especially considering The Joker at SFOT is being constructed at a furious pace. They'll probably have it finished in time for park opening at this rate. OTOH, flats can usually be put up in a few days. Here at SFOT, they were building Riddler(Zamperla Giant Discovery) and Catwoman(Zamperla Giant Endevor) side-by-side. And both were finished in relatively short order.

FWIW, SFGAdv had its Joker topped off in mid-March and it still opened in late May. Besides, like you said, flats have much different build schedules than coasters, so I wouldn't use SFOT's construction as a comparison.

I really agree with this,,, as a traveling carny in my youth, we routinely erected rides of relatively huge size with 3-4 man crews in less than 1-2 days. Sf has a much larger crew available to them( maybe even factory supplied ) and they are not going to be working high up. my guess is the site prep work ( queue line, station, leveling etc) will take much longer than the actual set up and completion of the ride itself.

Kevin

FWIW, SFGAdv had its Joker topped off in mid-March and it still opened in late May. Besides, like you said, flats have much different build schedules than coasters, so I wouldn't use SFOT's construction as a comparison.

Most of the speculation about Joker has SFOT shooting for opening day, or shortly thereafter.

Hi all, we are already doing some trip planning for the upcoming year. We will be stopping at SFSL and plan on doing the whole amusement park on Sunday August 6th. The park hasn't announced their operating schedule yet for the upcoming year so I was wondering what the likely park hours will be and how the crowds will likely be that day. Flash Pass is an option for us.

Also, is there any other random tidbits I should know about the park?

Thanks in advance!

Well, that's usually one of the last full summer hour Sundays, but typically it isn't much different than other Summer Sundays, but depending on how the season is going, that Sunday can sometimes be a tad busier. Sundays usually get busier in the early afternoon, and sometimes even have the slight chance of some "rougher" and "rowdier" crowds. If you get there at opening, you should be able to get a whole bunch of rides in, that is as long as you have a plan. As almost any day, start at the bottom of the park and work your way up hitting the larger attractions first, as long as you get there at park open. Either pack a lunch or plan on eating around 11 or in mid afternoon, otherwise you'll waste a good chunk of your day waiting in lines.

Of course this is all based on opinion, others will probably have other scenarios... your best bet is to ask this question again in late July