TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Wow. It was a joke. I thought you would find it funny, actually.

And if it had been a normal disagreement I would have found it funny and I'm extremely thick skinned after all the years of teaching middle school; so not like I can't take a joke. But frankly, you went so far beyond a reasonable disagreement, insinuating that anyone who disagreed with you was a moron simply towing the company line and was so dismissive of the reasons why some of us were ok waiting for the job to be done properly and so over the top like it was the end of the world that the carousel was non operational......................that I lost my humor on the situation a long time ago. Sorry. 

• Like 3

On 1/20/2024 at 12:57 PM, sixflagsstl said:

Thanks! And of course we will likely share more details closer to opening day, which is March 29th!

I think that qualifies as a 'scoop'. The date isn't in the app or on the website :D

Some parks are opening a bit later than usual in 2024 so nice to see a pretty normal opening day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodie Warrior said:

I used to work at the park as well. I don't think making an account trying to pass it off as an official representative for the park is a smart idea.

I didn’t mean to come off as an “Official” representative, and I’m sorry if it came off that way. I work on the entertainment/event planning side of things, in no way, shape or form is this account associated with Six Flags St. Louis. This is my only account on here, I’ve been a silent viewer of this thread for awhile and I just wanted to be able to answer any questions and talk about the park! Sorry if that came along rude, but I’m not sure how creating an account isn’t a smart idea, I’m just passionate about the park and I happen to work for it 😄

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 3:05 PM, sixflagsstl said:

I didn’t mean to come off as an “Official” representative, and I’m sorry if it came off that way. I work on the entertainment/event planning side of things, in no way, shape or form is this account associated with Six Flags St. Louis. This is my only account on here, I’ve been a silent viewer of this thread for awhile and I just wanted to be able to answer any questions and talk about the park! Sorry if that came along rude, but I’m not sure how creating an account isn’t a smart idea, I’m just passionate about the park and I happen to work for it 😄

Hey! It's all good! Most of us are passionate about the park too or we wouldn't be on here. I (and I am sure several others) appreciate any information you feel you can pass along.

• Like 3

On 1/22/2024 at 3:05 PM, sixflagsstl said:

I appreciate you coming on here to post whatever news you can give. You don't come off as an official anything, just someone with some knowledge sharing info. 

• Like 2

I really hate coming back to this thread after a while and seeing some people being negative. In the meantime has anyone bothered to mention all the updates the park has been posting?

I enjoy this group especially people like teacherkim, but come on now people- enjoy the park and it's interesting future under Cedar Fair co-op. Things sound like they are already turning things to 11, give them a year or two.

Screenshot_2024-02-02-23-02-20-42_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.thumb.jpg.8b4228604e53fc7ee53f2dfbee7a8463.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-02-23-01-52-36_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.thumb.jpg.ae35df72c84841479d5a4c3ed0d62b0c.jpg

Edit: Added park PR about the carousel:

Screenshot_2024-02-04-15-19-04-70_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg.e90b1f7ce0e10c0e4001bbb102eb7d52.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jamesk25 said:

I really hate coming back to this thread after a while and seeing some people being negative. In the meantime has anyone bothered to mention all the updates the park has been posting?

I enjoy this group especially people like teacherkim, but come on now people- enjoy the park and it's interesting future under Cedar Fair co-op. Things sound like they are already turning things to 11, give them a year or two.

Screenshot_2024-02-02-23-02-20-42_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.thumb.jpg.8b4228604e53fc7ee53f2dfbee7a8463.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-02-23-01-52-36_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.thumb.jpg.ae35df72c84841479d5a4c3ed0d62b0c.jpg

Welcome back and come on in, the water's fine! There has been some discussion of the updates over the last couple weeks! Based on what I've seen on FB it's getting a mostly positive response and I think it's a great way to engage/pump up the local GP. I assume the big billboard coming down will open up a new walkway but even if not it does at least open the sightlines. And it will be really nice if Lloyds is open again as a shopping venue. I can still remember when they had the giant pickle barrel there, lol.

• Like 2

I think more than a few of us complained about that billboard closing off the pathway to make people walk closer to Ninja and Empire.

I'll be interesting to see what's done to encourage people to head that way now.

• Like 1

Saw this too. I'm assuming (although I might be very wrong) that they are putting all new seating in all around the funnel cake stand? Maybe they can reconfigure it to add a few more tables, it's usually pretty filled up.

Pleasantly surprised that the naysayers on FB are relatively few and fairly tame. The overall response seems to be mostly positive which reinforces that there is no negative to these updates and in fact they are generating a lot of renewed interest in the park.

• Like 3

On 2/10/2024 at 3:13 PM, teacherkim said:

Saw this too. I'm assuming (although I might be very wrong) that they are putting all new seating in all around the funnel cake stand? Maybe they can reconfigure it to add a few more tables, it's usually pretty filled up.

It just looks like they tore up the old concrete and will pour more of the stuff they've been putting in everywhere else. There don't seem to be any markings suggesting that retaining wall is being demolished.

I was hoping that the merger would tip the scale in favor of how Cedar Fair was ditching all their crappy arrows and the SF parks would follow suit.  Could you imagine if corporate cared just a little bit for our lil' ole' park and replaced Ninja with like a small scale Vekoma or the cheaper vertical Intamin models that just released and RMC'd the boss over the next 2-3 years?  We'd have, like, an actual fun park worthy of season passes again!  

5 hours ago, TrippinBillie said:

I was hoping that the merger would tip the scale in favor of how Cedar Fair was ditching all their crappy arrows and the SF parks would follow suit.  Could you imagine if corporate cared just a little bit for our lil' ole' park and replaced Ninja with like a small scale Vekoma or the cheaper vertical Intamin models that just released and RMC'd the boss over the next 2-3 years?  We'd have, like, an actual fun park worthy of season passes again!  

I'm not sure how realistic some of this is for a park our stature right now.

The last Six Flags and Cedar Fair I-Box conversions were done in 2018. Vekoma has only just now built a relationship with both companies and Cedar Fair still has a bad one with Intamin even if Six Flags just went with them for a coaster in Georgia. 

Ninja's plot is not terribly large for a full circuit coaster. If it isn't being used for something that goes up and over Mine Train (Hyper) then you're really limited in what you can select for it. Something like a Double Heart or Sky Rocket II would end up in the short list even though they're a bit small for the space. Vekoma's smallest new generation full circuit thrill layout is the Wildcat - without reconfiguring that area by removing Axis and moving not-Joker there isn't room for it. There's only room for a Super Boomerang if Axis is deleted too (but not-Joker can stay). Chance Hyper GT-X coasters are meant for this kind of scale but obviously there aren't many of those out there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TrippinBillie said:

Could you imagine if corporate cared just a little bit for our lil' ole' park and replaced Ninja with like a small scale Vekoma or the cheaper vertical Intamin models that just released...

No, but I certainly could imagine them replacing Ninja with the zombie-fied remains of GASM or Shockwave.  That's assuming they're not already replacing track with the remains, of course.

On 2/13/2024 at 11:00 PM, Danrarbc said:

I'm not sure how realistic some of this is for a park our stature right now.

The last Six Flags and Cedar Fair I-Box conversions were done in 2018. Vekoma has only just now built a relationship with both companies and Cedar Fair still has a bad one with Intamin even if Six Flags just went with them for a coaster in Georgia. 

Ninja's plot is not terribly large for a full circuit coaster. If it isn't being used for something that goes up and over Mine Train (Hyper) then you're really limited in what you can select for it. Something like a Double Heart or Sky Rocket II would end up in the short list even though they're a bit small for the space. Vekoma's smallest new generation full circuit thrill layout is the Wildcat - without reconfiguring that area by removing Axis and moving not-Joker there isn't room for it. There's only room for a Super Boomerang if Axis is deleted too (but not-Joker can stay). Chance Hyper GT-X coasters are meant for this kind of scale but obviously there aren't many of those out there.

I mean RMC the Boss would bring a MASSIVE influx in attendance for a cheaper than new coaster.  Use that added park revenue to get a multi-coaster deal from Vekoma and replace the Ninja in 3 years.  That's realistic and needed to stay current.  In addition, the plot of land for Fonix (new gen Vekoma in Denmark) is 1.49 acres and the Ninja plot is 1.48 acres.  With 1.48 acres (and change), that's a lot of land to get creative with.  If not a Vekoma, maybe you make a deal with RMC to do the Boss and replace Ninja (or Tidal Wave land) with a Raptor?  DO SOMETHING!

4 hours ago, TrippinBillie said:

I mean RMC the Boss would bring a MASSIVE influx in attendance for a cheaper than new coaster.  Use that added park revenue to get a multi-coaster deal from Vekoma and replace the Ninja in 3 years.  That's realistic and needed to stay current.  In addition, the plot of land for Fonix (new gen Vekoma in Denmark) is 1.49 acres and the Ninja plot is 1.48 acres.  With 1.48 acres (and change), that's a lot of land to get creative with.  If not a Vekoma, maybe you make a deal with RMC to do the Boss and replace Ninja (or Tidal Wave land) with a Raptor?  DO SOMETHING!

The shape of the Wildcat layout (Fønix) is what doesn't work in Ninja's location without alterations to the area. A large RMC order could make sense too given how much RMC-produced steel is in these parks - not only I-Box and Raptor but the S&S 4D Free Spin track as well. For a Raptor I think a Jersey Devil layout in Tidal Wave's location would be slightly better for the general public. The original layouts are a bit much for a lot of people but that layout would fit where Ninja sits. I'd still love to see Chance get a shot again too.

• Like 1