TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^ Hah! Now I'm just waiting for the website to crash on Sunday. Is this foreshadowing for more herds of unruly teens next season?

Emily and I are planning on stopping by the park this Sunday. Are the crowds normally tolerable?

^ Hah! Now I'm just waiting for the website to crash on Sunday. Is this foreshadowing for more herds of unruly teens next season?

Emily and I are planning on stopping by the park this Sunday. Are the crowds normally tolerable?

Keep in mind all parks share the same portal so the high volume could be a sign other parks will be seeing huge throngs next season.

And this Sunday will be a near ghost town.

Yes, Sunday should be near walk ons for everything. The weekends between Labor Day and FF are traditionally pretty dead and Sundays are the slowest of the two days. If you get there right at opening you will most likely have the lowest crowds.

The Home Page of TPR showcases a video of Looping Star in Japan. SFSTL (over Mid America) had the same coaster in the early 80s called Jet Scream, it was located where Batman stands today. I think it (Jet Scream) was relocated to Astroworld and later scrapped.

Jet Scream was the first upside down coaster I ever rode. I didn't think it was even that long, don't remember that much after the loop but it was a long time ago, lol. That was back in the days when they used to do "double rides after 5 Friday nights".....everyone got to go twice on every ride from 5 pm til close.

Jet Scream was the first upside down coaster I ever rode. I didn't think it was even that long, don't remember that much after the loop but it was a long time ago, lol. That was back in the days when they used to do "double rides after 5 Friday nights".....everyone got to go twice on every ride from 5 pm til close.

It was my first looper too. Though it was fun, I always thought it was a bit short.

I suppose you remember Railblazer too. I rode it once or twice (after the accident). It was rather lame.

I remember $5 tix after 5 promotions. Ahh, those were the days when you didn't need a whole bunch of cash to visit the park for a few hours.

I remember $5 tix after 5 promotions. Ahh, those were the days when you didn't need a whole bunch of cash to visit the park for a few hours.

$5 gets me into every Six Flags park in the world an unlimited amount of times for an entire month with free parking. What are you on about?

The Home Page of TPR showcases a video of Looping Star in Japan. SFSTL (over Mid America) had the same coaster in the early 80s called Jet Scream, it was located where Batman stands today. I think it (Jet Scream) was relocated to Astroworld and later scrapped.

Great to see the video. Rode Jet Scream too many times while it was here. Too bad our model didn't have the trees that show in the video, as it definitely had a very temporary look to it here.

The video also perfectly shows off the curve next to the first drop that made me duck and move sideways every. single. time. I rode it. I never attempted it, but wouldn't doubt that the track was close enough to touch. Once moved to Astroworld, they enclosed the first drop with a tunnel. I always wondered if that curve is why?

It was this or Orient Express for my first looper - I just can't recall which one I rode first.

$5 gets me into every Six Flags park in the world an unlimited amount of times for an entire month with free parking. What are you on about?

In the 80s, the 5 dollar admission did not require a membership or season pass.

Great to see the video. Rode Jet Scream too many times while it was here. Too bad our model didn't have the trees that show in the video, as it definitely had a very temporary look to it here.

The Ninja also has the temporary look (imo) and it is going on about 30 years! ugh

Yeah, and the cost of living was much less. I don't know... it seems like an infinitely better deal now than paying the same amount back then (though the $5 had more value) and only being able to visit one park one time for half the day.

All I'm saying is if you and your buds were looking for something to do on a Friday night and had $10/$20 bucks in your wallet, then going to Six Flags was a cheap and easy thing to do.

It was my first looper too. Though it was fun, I always thought it was a bit short.

I suppose you remember Railblazer too. I rode it once or twice (after the accident). It was rather lame.

I do remember Railblazer but never got a chance to ride it before they shut it down. It didn't even make it through one season due to the fatality. Oddly, I don't even have any memory of what it cost to go when I was kid, guess I wasn't paying!