TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Man...what an awful day at the park. I genuinely felt bad for Dave and the full time staff (pretty sure I saw HWFAN running to and from different areas). I was looking forward to eating JBS and riding Justice League. Justice League was down, and all the resteraunts where closed snd directed to Colonades. I csn tell they where understaffed and felt bad, but it didn't make up for a rotten day at the park.

To confirm with your post, Mooseburger, JB's Smokehouse, and 1904 Hot Dog were all being served out of Collonades. As much as I would like to explain the staffing logistics, I am not at liberty to do so, and I don't think that would be constructive as it wouldn't change the experience people had yesterday. In terms of JLBM, I'm sorry that it was closed at the time you were in the area, but it fortunately was open most of the day.

At this point, I am feeling insanely burnt out after yesterday and just getting home from work today. I will be working on my personal responses to Mizzoumatt, RKO, Sportsdude360, and PKI in a Google Doc to post when I get the chance in the next 24 hours. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the genuine response. I will say folks like you thay care so passionately, and seeing a guy like Dave out great ing the crowds and sweeping up really make me keep my love to SF:STL even on the worst visits. No worries at all, thanks again

In a couple more years, we will lose Dave. It will be the saddest day in this park's history. I'm sure somebody like Dave will know how to pick a good replacement.

I know this may not be the smartest question, but why exactly would we lose him?

I imagine a RMC version of The Boss would resemble, to a degree, Medusa down in Mexico City. Both coasters are similar and built around the same time. An out and back like the Eagle doesn't provide RMC with a whole out of options in my opinion. A twister would give them a better base to work from. Just my two cents.

The Screamin' Eagle, if well maintained and given the proper TCL, is no where near the end of its lifespan. I would prefer to keep it as-is, it is a landmark and pretty much defines SFoMA/SFSTL.

I'd rather see an RMC I-Box conversion of The Boss over a Hyper (if we cant have both). If Screamin Eagle were to be converted, that would be an absolutely horrible idea. Screamin Eagle is still a great roller coaster. The Boss is AWFUL! I've never been upset by an RMC conversion. If it were to happen to Screamin Eagle, I'd be very upset.

I haven't ridden an RMC, and I love all the B&M Hypers I have ridden, but I'd still vote for an RMC! They look amazing, get almost across the board fantastic reviews, and you're taking a coaster that isn't great now (to many people), and making it into potentially one of the best in the world! There's always time for a large steel Hypercoaster later on, but first? I'd love to see "Iron Boss"!

I'd rather see an RMC I-Box conversion of The Boss over a Hyper (if we cant have both). If Screamin Eagle were to be converted, that would be an absolutely horrible idea. Screamin Eagle is still a great roller coaster. The Boss is AWFUL! I've never been upset by an RMC conversion. If it were to happen to Screamin Eagle, I'd be very upset.

My experience was the other way around. Eagle didn't really produce any airtime other than 1 hill. Boss just has the crazy layout. RMC conversion mightbe too expensive. I'd see them cutting the ride in half.

I keep hearing these 'cutting the ride in half' comments... again I will refer to Mexico's Medusa which is similar to the Boss. The POV's of Iron Medusa look incredible and it appears to be the same length as the original. I do realize The Boss does go up hill after the Fourth Drop into the Bunny Hills and the Dbl Helix, I guess that could be a factor.

I'd prefer the hyper over an RMC conversion, especially now that RMC is building within driving distance of SFStL (Goliath at SFGAm and Storm Chaser at KK plus it wouldn't surprise me if Holiday World used them for a future project). While I love the park a big steel coaster seems to be what's missing most, whether a hyper or a nice multi-looper to replace Ninja.

I'd prefer the hyper over an RMC conversion, especially now that RMC is building within driving distance of SFStL (Goliath at SFGAm and Storm Chaser at KK plus it wouldn't surprise me if Holiday World used them for a future project). While I love the park a big steel coaster seems to be what's missing most, whether a hyper or a nice multi-looper to replace Ninja.

There are several parks within a days driving distance from SFSTL that have a RMC coaster. Dollywood, Kentucky Kingdom, Six Flags Great America, Silver Dollar City.

Man...what an awful day at the park. I genuinely felt bad for Dave and the full time staff (pretty sure I saw HWFAN running to and from different areas). I was looking forward to eating JBS and riding Justice League. Justice League was down, and all the resteraunts where closed snd directed to Colonades. I csn tell they where understaffed and felt bad, but it didn't make up for a rotten day at the park.

To confirm with your post, Mooseburger, JB's Smokehouse, and 1904 Hot Dog were all being served out of Collonades. As much as I would like to explain the staffing logistics, I am not at liberty to do so, and I don't think that would be constructive as it wouldn't change the experience people had yesterday. In terms of JLBM, I'm sorry that it was closed at the time you were in the area, but it fortunately was open most of the day.

At this point, I am feeling insanely burnt out after yesterday and just getting home from work today. I will be working on my personal responses to Mizzoumatt, RKO, Sportsdude360, and PKI in a Google Doc to post when I get the chance in the next 24 hours. Thank you for your understanding.

Damn, if I knew you were working in there I would have at least said hey! Thanks for the post. I was legitimately too tired, hungry, upset, and out of time to visit the park's guest relations on the way out. Here's a little more focus on the rides. The park was not very crowded. All of the coasters other than American Eagle had a 5-10 minute wait. Eagle had 15-20 minute wait. I'm sure the waterpark was sucking up most of the crowd.

American Thunder - Great GCI! It was the most re-ridable coaster there in my opinion, but we only ended up riding once. Did anyone else notice that one train had the orange, rectangular lab bars but the other train had black restraints that were curved to fit the body? It run like a typical GCI and had some nice pops of air. 6.5/10

Next up was Mr. Freeze - Reverse Blast. I had done the one in SFOT as forward blast, so I was really looking forward to this coaster. Best ops on this ride! Although they were joking around and being obnoxious on the microphone. But whatever, they were cranking out trains. This ride is nuts! Love it love it love it. 9/10

We moved on to find out Justice League was broken, and walked around the park to stumble upon Pandemonium next. Pandemonium is just like the other spinners. Giggly fun. 5/10 After this was an unsuccessful drink/snack trip. It started to be a theme for the day.

Whenever we saw a ride broke down we said "Oh they must have thought it was a food stand!" *puts a closed sign out front*

Boss - What an intimidating ride. I had no idea how spread out the ride was. It's got that big helix right by the entrance yet it's allllll the way up on the side of the hill! We sat in the back and had a pretty good ride. Some good airtime, laterals, and overall a solid ride. It was not beating the crap out of anyone. Would I like to see RMC redo this ride? Of course. Only if they followed the original layout. This ride does not need any extra re-tracking at the moment. It's a unique long ride. Better trains would simply do. 7/10

Next was the hike up the hill to find American Eagle. I know the entrance moved recently, I thought it was odd that you walked through the claustrophobic isle of games to get on the ride. American Eagle didn't impress. It didn't really have any airtime and just shook you back and forth. The lapbar I had was pretty much a buzz bar - I haven't ridden a coaster with that much room in a long time! 5/10

Superman was broken, and so was the Boomerang so we rode Sky Screamer. Fun ride. Not really any different thank the Windseeker experience.

River King Mine Train - What. The. Hell. What's with the seats on this train? Most uncomfortable coaster ever! Very jerky, the last lifthill is hilariously tiny, and I got the wind knocked out of me when the lift chain would finally catch onto the train. 2/10

Another failed string of restaurants and water stations, with the most annoying being waiting in line for Panda Express to find out they ran out of all the sides and most entrees. Of course, they still wanted you to pay full price. Eff that.

Ninja - I was looking forward to this ride for some reason. I have a soft spot for Arrows/Vekomas since Vortex was my first big ride. It was a mix of perfectly smooth and tremendously painful. Not a good ride by any means. 3/10

After a 15 minute wait for water a Panda Express, we endured the painfully long queue to Batman. Gotta love the Batmans. Love the old B&M restraints. It was a walk on to the front row. 9/10 This queue is MASSIVE!

We went back over to Justice League and it was still down. At this point all credits were obtained and we were on the fence with bailing on the new 2015 attraction. BUT. Excalibur was running and we had to check it out. What an INSANE ride. I came off all tingly and dizzy. CRazY ride. Loved it. Superman opened, but was only running at half capacity so we turned around. After another ride on Mr. Freeze we were about to leave but Justice League opened and immediately had an hour plus wait. We waited for it.

Slow moving queue, but worth it. We waited from the 75 minute mark and it was accurate. Everything looked good, although I don't think the Joker's laughing gas vehicle was working properly. Nothing shot out and I think it was out of sync. Everything else about the ride was impressive. I didn't realize the car moved around so much. The pictures at the end with your score was a nice touch. This ride should be in every single Six Flags park. It is a step in the right direction.

One more Mr. Freeze ride and we were done. Delirious and starved. I wanted to stay and ride more rides but my body couldn't take it anymore. Once again:

Ride operations were A+. Rides were fun and there were some unique attractions. I'm sure if I had the chance to do more than one ride on the coasters I'd have a better evaluation. It's just missing a star re-ridable coaster. Batman, Boss, Freeze, Ninja are all too intense to ride over and over again. I'll throw up some pics later.

-Zach

20150907_162237.thumb.jpg.05b11a141be04b71bdf89bc06174f747.jpg

How was no one posted this yet? In the Mens bathroom by Eagle/Superman

Next was the hike up the hill to find American Eagle. I know the entrance moved recently, I thought it was odd that you walked through the claustrophobic isle of games to get on the ride. American Eagle didn't impress. It didn't really have any airtime and just shook you back and forth. The lapbar I had was pretty much a buzz bar - I haven't ridden a coaster with that much room in a long time! 5/10

-Zach

I promise this is not to criticize, just more for your information than anything, it's Screamin' Eagle - American Eagle is in Gurnee. Also the entrance has been where it is since I was a child, probably close to 20 years since it was moved. And yes, it's annoying how Six Flags feels like they need to force you through a shop/arcade before/after so many rides. I'm sorry you didn't have a great time with the ride, it's been my favorite classic woodie since childhood, and if you sit in the right spots and they don't staple you in, you get tons of air.

My bad on the Screamin Eagle and the entrance! Hopefully I'll ride it again some day and see if I like it any better.

20150907_134714.thumb.jpg.de98e242210bb4ef1b7e4f9bf0ae7d24.jpg

Oooo classic woodies

20150907_173727.thumb.jpg.70aecf601534ffd20d27a6ab6501a4ad.jpg

Favorite attraction of 2015. Seriously these should be in every single Six Flags

20150907_120553.thumb.jpg.9cd0850e0f0aebcba78b040d8e443de2.jpg

Best Premier coaster IMO. Fantastic ride.

20150907_120018.thumb.jpg.7e4751719854dc37c34d50bfbdfcc087.jpg

Yay new GCI credit! I think it was #155 for me.

20150907_134459.thumb.jpg.577f7e2bd4eae873a0307ecea84e28b2.jpg

This Boss is one unique coaster. Not a bad ride at all! Shakes you up some but wow..what a BIG coaster!

20150907_123131.thumb.jpg.16c25b751d2d59c7681fdbf24270e7a5.jpg

Rapids Ride looked as insane as Disney Cali Adventure's!

20150907_120858.thumb.jpg.a4811039dd32b12b4bf43cb40530f15b.jpg

Gotta love that extra push to the top of the spike. This ride ROARS

I keep hearing these 'cutting the ride in half' comments... again I will refer to Mexico's Medusa which is similar to the Boss. The POV's of Iron Medusa look incredible and it appears to be the same length as the original. I do realize The Boss does go up hill after the Fourth Drop into the Bunny Hills and the Dbl Helix, I guess that could be a factor.

The Boss is incredibly more drawn out. The two turnarounds are not close to each other. A quick comparison on Google will tell you that.

EDIT: vThere's that too.

Edited by RollerManic

^^^^^^

Actually it has been no where close to 20 years, more like around 8-9 years... It was moved around the time of the opening of S:ToP (06) or the year after.

I believe the entrance was moved in 2006

My apologies then. I could swear that I distinctly remember my mother telling me as a child how the queue had been changed. Perhaps this is a different modification that was made substantially before the entrance move in 2006?