TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

It's been a while since we've had a major investment (not counting boomerang), so I'm just hoping if the Boss doesn't get the iron horse within the next few years, our next major investment will be spent wisely.

The news about Iron Boss is sad.

With the upcoming 100th anniversary of the carousel, I'm hoping they refurbish it and move it to the front plaza. It would look nice and match the look of the surrounding area with the ferris wheel, Palace Theater, and train nearby. The park definitely is focused on fixing up what we have.

^^ I never gave thought to them moving the Carousel. That is a great idea, and such a great location! It would look very nice in that area, and also open up a nice amount of space for a nice flat in the Britannia section.

As far as the RMC renovation of The Boss, I said from the beginning I would not get my hopes up because everytime there is a nice rumor for SFStL that is "all but confirmed", I'm let down. Well, I got my hopes up anyway, and yet again, I'm let down. Now with that being said, I'm not completely buying the rumor that it is a no go, but I'm certainly going to be more cautious just in case it does fall through. But in all seriousness, The Boss just screams RMC! Just think of what they could do! I'm confident in the fact that it could be the best RMC project to date!

^ The layout has the potential to be great. My hope came from seeing what RMC is doing to Medusa at Six Flags Mexico. While The Boss and Medusa may not have similar layouts, they both have similar elements and what RMC is doing to Medusa looks to be as good as New Texas Giant and Iron Rattler.

I almost LOL'd when I saw that someone on Wikipedia tried to change the name of the Boss's page to Iron Boss.

Hah! That is pretty funny.

The quote "Too soon, Junior" comes to mind... (Fast & Furious cheese)

Boss always struck me as a ride that would get Topper Track well before it got the Iron Horse treatment. It has a pretty strong layout already, I think.

Six Flags has a history of putting topper track on coasters (Rattler&Medusa) before they do the full remodel. It's a strong layout, but it could get stronger.

With no layout changes, as long as the entire coaster got Steel Topper Track and new Trains I'd be happy. The Screamscape rumor said Topper Track on portions of the ride, not sure about that. The layout is good and the coaster has great drops, the Mid Course Brake Run comes a bit too soon imo.

Finally got to experience all five upcharge Fright Fest attractions. While I did the hayride last year, this was my first time in a real Halloween maze. Here is my opinion on all of them, in the order we did them.

Zombie Paintball Apocalypse

Scare factor- 0/5

Details/themeing- 3/5

Intensity- 1/5

Scare actors- 1/5

My grading makes it look like this was a major disappointment. But really, it is hard to compare this to a haunted maze. I wish there would have been more "live" targets (there were 3-4 on each side, and they weren't in zombie costumes, but hoodies and protective wear), but there were explosions and lots of graffiti that were cool. Overall, the experience is a little pricey, so it is best to buy the $35 house and hayride pass.

Blind Fury

Scare factor- 2/5

Details/themeing- 5/5

Intensity- 3/5

Scare actors- 2/5

Blind Fury had some really cool effects, such as moving floor panels, inflatable walls, and a spinning tunnel. The scare actors weren't all that scary, but the park did a good job that the abandoned toy factory theme was kept throughout the entire experience. The robot teddy bear outside was hilarious. This maze is not to be missed.

Total Darkness

Scare factor- 1/5

Details/themeing- 0/5

Intensity- 2/5

Scare actors- 0/5

Definitely the worst of the five upcharge attractions. Trying to find your way through the pitch black maze was confusing and intense, but nothing scary. There were two scare actors that attempted to scare us. I don't know why there weren't more. Plus, the line took an hour. They sent 4-6 people in a minute. The slowest moving line of the night, and it really wasn't worth it.

The Slaughter House

Scare factor- 5/5

Details/themeing- 3/5

Intensity- 5/5

Scare actors- 4/5

One of my top two mazes of the night. I really don't know why this maze seems to be ignored by people. I thought it was by far the scariest. The scare actors were very active and each one was unexpected. The props and scenery could use a little refreshing, but the dead bodies hanging from the ceiling that you had to push through were fun, plus there was another set of inflatable walls. Also, the cage in the middle of the maze was a nice touch. It threw us around all over the place! But wasn't there supposed to be a Pig Man?

Insanity Alley

Scare factor- 4/5

Details/themeing- 4/5

Intensity- 4/5

Scare actors- 5/5

Another one of the top two mazes of the night. These scare actors were definitely the best at their job. The lighting that made it hard to see added to the scariness. The story was as simple as insane and crazy humans taking over a park and an alley. The sinking mulch was crazy and I am still wondering how they did it. Since it was pretty much just me and my dad the entire time, every actor followed me around.

So here is how I'd rank the attractions:

1. The Slaughter House

2. Insanity Alley

3. Blind Fury

4. Zombie Paintball Apocalypse

5. Total Darkness

Here is the order of how I'd recommend going through the mazes, going from the least scariest and least intense to the scariest and most intense:

1. Zombie Paintball Apocalypse

2. Total Darkness

3. Blind Fury

4. Insanity Alley

5. The Slaughter House

The sinking mulch was crazy and I am still wondering how they did it.

I'm curious, what is this?

In the beginning of the house you enter a park and there is this mulch path that sinks like quick sand (or like rubber, maybe a trampoline) and each step you take the ground seems to sink lower and lower.

The sinking mulch was crazy and I am still wondering how they did it.

I'm curious, what is this?

In the beginning of the house you enter a park and there is this mulch path that sinks like quick sand (or like rubber, maybe a trampoline) and each step you take the ground seems to sink lower and lower.

They actually took old mattresses and covered them with mulch-like material to cause that effect.

How have the crowds been so far this weekend?

Friday- Very light crowds( as in no wait at all for superman, boomerang and all haunted attractions) probably because of the rain and cards game.

Saturday- EXTREMELY BUSY! Comparable to a concert day or a busier than usual 4th of July.

There was a 2 hr wait for Batman at 7 PM, and Freeze had a full queue up to the bridge over Thunder River( about a 1 hr wait)

Today- it's a coupon day for pass holders, so I'd assume large crowds because of that and the weather.

I'm there now. Actually the crowds aren't to bad. Came last Sunday an it was horrible. In line for Freeze and about it get on and it's been about 10 mins. They have both sides running now where as when we entered the hallway they didn't.

Does the season pass processing center open before the park opens? The park opens at noon tomorrow and I was wondering how early I can get there to process my pass?

Nope, it opens with the park.

Well, unfortunately the season is officially over. I do have to say that my visit this past May will always be my most memorable! I've never had such a great time as I did that trip! Heres to 2014!

Just a quick thought.. Who rode the Holidead express this year? The Christmas/horror theming of it got me thinking of a possible Holiday in the Park here. The weather is not that cold and we normally have a few warmer weekends that most of the rides could actually be running. I would assume the park has a break even attendance figure that would need to be attained to make it worthwhile though.