TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^^

Well it's safe to say that's already been done so I guess Six Flags can cross that off the list.

SFStL truly needs a nice decent coaster addition soon. Maybe one of the other Six Flags parks will get tired of their B&M floorless and send it SFStL's way.

SFMM has too many, they could give us Scream and no one would notice out there.

Except that by their random additions (why a kiddie coaster if teens should be their main target?????!!!!), it is clear that their only goal is to reach 20 coasters. Removing Scream would set them back one coaster. But it would be much more accepted and cared for at SFSTL.

^^

Well it's safe to say that's already been done so I guess Six Flags can cross that off the list.

SFStL truly needs a nice decent coaster addition soon. Maybe one of the other Six Flags parks will get tired of their B&M floorless and send it SFStL's way.

^ I personally think Six Flags Corporate could find one of the many parking lot B&M's to give to SFStL.

Doesn't Great Adventure have a few they could afford to lose? Bizzaro, and Green Lantern (even though I don't want a stand-up) immediately come to mind. How about Nitro? In a park with a 400 foot+ coaster, I bet it gets overshadowed. It would definitely get way more love in Six Flags St. Louis.

Can we please stop asking for hand-me-down roller coasters? I don't know how much you guys have ridden Bizzaro (medusa) floorless clones, but they really aren't that great, comparatively. They look neat, but they lack positive and negative g forces. Although they are still relatively smooth, they have also acquired some natrual roughness, that even B&M can't prevent. Roughness that isn't going to get better with age. I'd rather not have a 10+ year old mediocre, forceless, and semi-rough roller coaster, however great looking it may be.

The fact remains that something is going to have to be done to the Boss, relatively soon. Like it or not, that's our best chance at getting something cutting edge, inverted, smooth, and fun. Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on it for another few seasons.

Edited by prozach626

Just a suggestion for those who are craving another B&M at SfSTL: Take a trip to SFGAm. They have a great selection - Batman, Superman, X-Flight, and Raging Bull (top 10er for me, personally). Also, take a 6 hour road trip to King's Island for Banshee and Diamondback, next year.

Don't waste your time on Patriot at WoF.

This is me just dreaming. I was thinking of an RMC coaster creation, which would have a station replacing the Moon Cars. The lift hill would head over the train tracks and over the picnic grove. The drop would send the train underneath the parking lot and onto that huge island that is on the right side as you enter the parking lot. That is where most of the ride would take place, before sending riders into a barrel roll right above a redesigned parking lot entrance.

I just thought it would be cool to have a ride pretty much in the parking lot. It would be cool to be surrounded by a coaster as you enter the park, wouldn't it? Just a thought.

^^ I think thats a great idea! It would be awesome for our sky line! I've always wanted to see a coaster in that grass by the parking lot too! Actually, when we were on tap to recieve Goliath before it was decided to put it at SFOG that was where the helix and turn around was going to be, so hopefully we can see it utilized with such some day soon!

Has anyone seen all the effort put into Fright Fest this year? Walking through the entire park today, I saw more decorations than I've ever seen while the event is running (We're still 2 whole weeks away!). All the haunted attractions are receiving their facades this week, and something else struck my eyes. Apparently there is a fairly large "clown themed" walkthrough with a spinning tunnel and all, located near Sound Stage #2 (Total Darkness). It also ventures through the backstage area and under that train tunnel with lots of circus tents and theming. Anyone remember when they had the clown walkthroughs in front of the palace and where Pandemonium is now?

This is me just dreaming. I was thinking of an RMC coaster creation, which would have a station replacing the Moon Cars. The lift hill would head over the train tracks and over the picnic grove. The drop would send the train underneath the parking lot and onto that huge island that is on the right side as you enter the parking lot. That is where most of the ride would take place, before sending riders into a barrel roll right above a redesigned parking lot entrance.

I just thought it would be cool to have a ride pretty much in the parking lot. It would be cool to be surrounded by a coaster as you enter the park, wouldn't it? Just a thought.

^^ I think thats a great idea! It would be awesome for our sky line! I've always wanted to see a coaster in that grass by the parking lot too! Actually, when we were on tap to recieve Goliath before it was decided to put it at SFOG that was where the helix and turn around was going to be, so hopefully we can see it utilized with such some day soon!

Let's not confuse dreams with reality.

Either way, there's little benefit to getting a 4th wooden roller coaster. A wooden coaster with inversions? To the GP: Big Deal. Many have ridden one "just like it", 4 hours away. Also, great idea to put a wooden roller coaster.... right next to another wooden roller coaster...

If you can't see that the need for steel drastically out weighs our need for new wood, then you need to wake up.

Either way, there's little benefit to getting a 4th wooden roller coaster. A wooden coaster with inversions? To the GP: Big Deal. Many have ridden one "just like it", 4 hours away. Also, great idea to put a wooden roller coaster.... right next to another wooden roller coaster...

If you can't see that the need for steel drastically out weighs our need for new wood, then you need to wake up.

You sure do love to talk down to other members on this forum. Please try to show more respect when replying to other's posts.

The reason everyone wants a RMC woodie is because Outlaw Run will end up being a top ten ride on Mitch's wooden poll next year. Who wouldn't want a top ten roller coaster in their home park no matter how many wooden coasters are already there??? Outlaw Run isn't just another wooden coaster. It really stands on its own in my opinion.

You sure do love to talk down to other members on this forum. Please try to show more respect when replying to other's posts.

The reason everyone wants a RMC woodie is because Outlaw Run will end up being a top ten ride on Mitch's wooden poll next year. Who wouldn't want a top ten roller coaster in their home park no matter how many wooden coasters are already there??? Outlaw Run isn't just another wooden coaster. It really stands on its own in my opinion.

Can't we just agree they should Iron Horse the Boss to turn the double dip into 1 long drop of 200+ feet?

Yeah, I forgot to mention in my post above that an Iron Horse treatment is really the only realistic chance the park has at seeing a RMC project.

This is also the only RMC option that makes sense, as we don't need a 4th wooden coaster. Of course 'we' would all love to see a new RMC product in our park, but my point was that it's not going to do us any good in the eyes of the GP. People don't know there is a difference, even if it does go upside down. Unless the words "bigger" and "faster" are used, the common idiot has no idea that a RMC Woodie is different than any other woodie. Most of the time I still hear people (GP) saying ignorant comments like "I can't believe they built American Thunder, when it's smaller than the other two wooden roller coasters."

People are dumb. You have to wow them with something different.