TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

What I didn't see though was any posters for the rumored paintball hayride?

There is a sign near the backlot arcade that says "Zombie Paintball Apocalypse".

I do not think this is a hayride. It seems to be a Halloween-themed paintball course. I don't think a hayride is coming this year. Maybe the area will be used for a future construction project?

Not sure, SFZIP is a credible source for sure and it seems that six flags tends to follow trends via frightfest 1-2 years late. Halloween Productions Inc introduced a Paintball hayride which is basically a trailer with guns plumbed to a central tank. I can see them jumping on this. EASY MONEY, having tried it at creepy world, it is pretty boring.... but Six flags is making it more accessible now without the hour + lines and $25 cost of getting into creepy-world.

Not sure, SFZIP is a credible source for sure and it seems that six flags tends to follow trends via frightfest 1-2 years late. Halloween Productions Inc introduced a Paintball hayride which is basically a trailer with guns plumbed to a central tank. I can see them jumping on this. EASY MONEY, having tried it at creepy world, it is pretty boring.... but Six flags is making it more accessible now without the hour + lines and $25 cost of getting into creepy-world.

I also rode that hayride last year, and it was a disaster! Very limited paintballs and targets so close that the paint splatters back at you. But, this year, the hayride at creepyworld is a separate charge attraction. The protection required for the actors is completely out of character for the whole theme. I would suggest that they stick with their old hayride through the dark boneyard for a better review. If it is definitely changing to that extent, I really hope the Terror Train is beefed up for more theming. Total darkness looks like it's going to be very interesting, as they had a blackout maze also at creepyworld which I tried last year. Not being able to see anything, and getting lost in an enclosed environment really strikes the fear in people, especially with actors roaming throughout! It's such a simple concept, yet very thrilling.

That's all Aqua Twist is???? Sorry SFStL. Hope y'all get something better in 2015.

Oh well...something new is better than nothing. Hope with a smaller addition like this they can focus on infrastructure.

Does SFStL still have the makeshift security checkpoint at the front of the park???

That's all Aqua Twist is???? Sorry SFStL. Hope y'all get something better in 2015.

Oh well...something new is better than nothing. Hope with a smaller addition like this they can focus on infrastructure.

Does SFStL still have the makeshift security checkpoint at the front of the park???

Actually it looks like a pretty fun flat, it may not be much, but then again it is based off a tea cup flat so you shouldn't expect much. I'm just glad the park is getting new stuff, and something to finally replace the SBNO flat. I hope we have a good announcement this Thursday, and it just might not be Aqua an replacing Hannibarrels.

Here is a better video:

Edited by jk1w

Last time I was there (Sept '12) it was there. I wish they would get rid of the whole mess... seems rather excessive. Niether any Disney Parks (FLA or CA), Busch Gardens or King's Island (destinations I have been to within the last 6 years) have metal detectors. Not sure all that security is necessary for a small park like SFSTL.

^Dave is a big tilt-a-whirl fan!

It would be great to see an old school tilt-a-whirl in a park. I can't even think of any that I've seen at any other parks. You see scramblers at almost every park, but they aren't as fun, in my opinion.

Last time I was there (Sept '12) it was there. I wish they would get rid of the whole mess... seems rather excessive. Niether any Disney Parks (FLA or CA), Busch Gardens or King's Island (destinations I have been to within the last 6 years) have metal detectors. Not sure all that security is necessary for a small park like SFSTL.

We have the most intrusive check point out of the 7 or 8 parks I've been to in the past few years. Most parks just have metal detectors right after the entrance turn styles. Although it creates a slower entry to the park, it's effective and it doesn't look as make-shift as our security check point. Our check point really ruins the entrance plaza.

After being gone for a week, I was hoping I'd see some updated information on our new attraction, but I guess I'll have to wait. I won't jump for Joy when the Aqua Twist is confirmed, but It's a much better addition than a Boomerang. Especially, since it's going to replace our notorious SBNO ride.

**On a side note, if you can somehow make it out so SDC this week, DO IT. Everything was walk on yesterday, including Outlaw Run.

does anybody know for sure that the barrels could not operate at all.i don't mean start it up and get on and ride operate.but is everything junk on that ride?

From what I've heard, no, for its age the amount of rust, plus being in weather all of its life it will never operate. Also the thing was already in need of repair when it closed, probably due to cost or the fact that they could not find the part. Now if they had a big budget and wanted to do a full refurbishment on the ride maybe, but we are talking about big kudos of money, I rather see a new flat any day.

I rather see the the precautionary security then seeing it removed, though you are right it is a mess, I wish they cleaned it up a little and made it look better. The main reason it is a mess is that people refuse to cooperate and slows everything down. Now, though the park is small, it doesn't mean "safe"; Saint Louis ain't the best city in the US with high crime rate and such, and parts of southern IL getting closer to Saint Louis is not the best either. Parks like Disney and Busch, have top notch security so there is no real need for metal detectors and Kings is probably the same way for its size.

It doesn't look as make-shift as our security check point, our check point really ruins the entrance plaza.

I think thats because they added them shortly after 9/11 as most parks did, but since they are so effective I don't think to see any improvements any time soon.

After being gone for a week, I was hoping I'd see some updated information on our new attraction.

They have been pretty quite, but we should here big news tomorrow.

I rather see the the precautionary security then seeing it removed, though you are right it is a mess, I wish they cleaned it up a little and made it look better. The main reason it is a mess is that people refuse to cooperate and slows everything down. Now, though the park is small, it doesn't mean "safe"; Saint Louis ain't the best city in the US with high crime rate and such, and parts of southern IL getting closer to Saint Louis is not the best either. Parks like Disney and Busch, have top notch security so there is no real need for metal detectors and Kings is probably the same way for its size.

Does anyone know if anything was ever found through security that avoided a disasterious event? just wondering...

SFSTL security is very cumbersome and does not give you 'We are Glad you are Here' sorta welcome. It would be a huge improvement if they made it more streamlined and less evasive. just my 2 cents.

does anybody know for sure that the barrels could not operate at all.i don't mean start it up and get on and ride operate.but is everything junk on that ride?

I really dont think there is any reasonable hope for the Hannibarrels, but we could be surprised. It just depends on if the park is willing to put out that much money for the necessary repairs.

There is no chance that the Hannibarrels could ever operate again, they have not been maintained at all ever since they closed at the end of the 1996 season, none of the motors, gears to turn the barrels, etc. are worth anything at all. The ride is an Intamin ride, but I don't think that they would still offer parts for a ride that barely any theme parks have operating today (there weren't very many made to begin with), so it's finally time to say goodbye probably at the end of Fright Fest.

It would be easy to change the look of the front entrance by switching the Ticket booths with the metal detection area, you should first buy your tickets, then go through metal detection and then the front gate (I think that the setup was to be temporary when it was installed, but since it's been around for about 10 years it's basically permanent) and it's doubtful it will change.

It would be easy to change the look of the front entrance by switching the Ticket booths with the metal detection area, you should first buy your tickets, then go through metal detection and then the front gate (I think that the setup was to be temporary when it was installed, but since it's been around for about 10 years it's basically permanent) and it's doubtful it will change.

I believe it is in that order for the protection of the ticket booths/sellers.

Aqua Twists to replace the Hannibarrels is great idea. While you all know what I would like, this is the first flat addition in many years that I agree with. It give the non-Hurricane Harbor area a good wet flat ride. I have never gone to Hurricane Harbor as I'm not a water park fan, but this will make a nice addition to the Log Flume, Thunder River, and Tidal Wave.

I actually like the security of SFSTL. I'll take the airport experience over a shooting at the park. Let's face it, when you have crazy people shooting up people at a movie theater, you need to watch this. St. Louis is hardly paradise on earth when it comes to crime, but it is hardly the worst (despite what some of those inaccurate ratings say). Also, remember that Eureka is a long distance away from the worst parts. In comparison, I felt less safe at SFFT as I saw a lot more gang member and with tattoos specifying which gang they were in. I have not seen anything this bad at SFSTL. I also think they need to do the same at SFMM. Also, remember that Kansas City is not that much better and they don't have the security at WoF. It is a bit annoying but I'm glad they do it.

(See I'm not always negative, just most of the time )

^ Id say its a possiblity. I wonder where they would put them if they were to get them?

Why not in the Hannibarrels spot?

I was suggesting the area next to Hannibarrels a couple pages back for the addition of a couple flats or a junior coaster

I AM NOT TRYING TO START A RUMOR but, I wonder if Hannibarrels is gonna be relocated to another Six Flags Park (After a refurbishment obviously) that could use the capacity.

Can't the thing is junk, the ride is probably worth more in scrap (whats left of it), then trying to fix it.

Imagine:

Years of rust

Locked up parts from no grease

Sitting out in the weather

Weeds and dirt taking (and possibly sapling trees) over the structure

I AM NOT TRYING TO START A RUMOR but, I wonder if Hannibarrels is gonna be relocated to another Six Flags Park (After a refurbishment obviously) that could use the capacity.

There is no way in heck that would happen. It costs a lot to refurbish a ride, and about twice that when you have to relocate. You could build the ride up from scratch for probably way less. No way that ride is going to ever operate again.

I would love a boardwalk/carnival area with lots of string lights and such. It could stretch from Colossus, underneath the train station, and up to Soundstage #2. Flying Eagles, Aqua Twist, a junior coaster, and a tilt a whirl would be nice additions for this area. I'm not saying all four will be added in one year, but maybe over the course of two years? Colossus would look awesome lit up along with this area. It could have a nighttime spectacular like Ignite on the Palace Porch. It would really open up that dead area.