TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^^^There is one major part that they will never have to those cheap trains, PADDING ON THE SEAT AND SIDES! If nothing else is done to The Boss besides retracking for the next few seasons, the least they could do would be to get better trains. A coaster as dynamic as The Boss should have some cushioning for the riders.

^ That's a good point there on capacity. Six Flags could send them back to PTC and have them refurbished. HW does that every off-season with all six of their trains. The main problem with that is it cost some money. From SF perspective, I can see why they don't do it.

1.) As you mentioned, those trains would lower capacity. ( Two Six car trains with ratchet bars and seat belts).

2.) Why spend the money when you have plenty of replacement parts for the current trains?

I wouldn't be surprised if SFStL had the old Rattler trains to use for parts on Screamin' Eagle.

^^ Depends on what type of shape they were in. As I said, a refurb could be done, but it would probably be cheaper to scrap them for parts.

I haven't ridden the boss since 2011, but I always felt the very front gave an incredible ride while everything behind the first row of seats was just a body-bashing nightmare.

How would millennium flyer trains work out? I would guess they'd need to be custom made to fit the boss, which would cost a lot, and would reduce seating capacity, but if an RMC makeover isn't in the future then the extra padding and articulation from flyer trains could work to make the boss more fun throughout the train.

From what I've read and heard, people who road the Legend at HW with the G-Trains and PTC's have said that difference was quite noticeable and the ride was a lot better. Of course, that was after two years of operation, not 13. I still think PTC's will help take a lot of the shake of the ride and make it better.

There's no need for them. The train will just stay in the valley

Yeah I was thinking from a maintenance perspective. Thought it would be easier to get it up to the break run than take it completely off the tracks.

Anti-roll backs would make unloading the train more difficult as some passengers would have to climb up the steep grade to get to the stairs located at the mid-course brake run.

I forgot about the guest aspect.

I know that the break-run allows them to run three trains, but I have a hard time understanding why it was placed right after the second drop. I wouldn't complain one bit if it got removed in an RMC I-Box conversion.