TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^ American Thunder is a great little coaster.

I can't believe they are having so many problems with our lame "new " addition.

American Thunder is one of the top coasters at SFSTL and is the best wood coaster there IMO.

Yeah, a 20+ year old coaster recently refurbished should not be having this many problems.

There are only a few roller coasters that I might be able to say are as good or better than American Thunder, IMO:

-Raven at Holiday World (personal preference)

-The Beat at King's Island

-Terminator SFMM (Also a GCI)

-Prowler at WOF (another GCI)

I'll give the Voyage and honorable mention, but it's not good to reride. Are they ever going to put the timberliners on it?!

May be an idiotic question, but are the Hannibarrels the rusted out ride visible from the first drop of the Ninja? Ive been going to SFStL for the last few years, but I have never been at the park when the Hannibarrels were open.

^ American Thunder is a great little coaster.

I can't believe they are having so many problems with our lame "new " addition.

American Thunder is one of the top coasters at SFSTL and is the best wood coaster there IMO.

Yeah, a 20+ year old coaster recently refurbished should not be having this many problems.

When Carolina Cobra opened at Carowinds, the catch car hit the back of the train when the train was returning and they had problems with it on media day. So it happens I guess. What they had to do was stop the catch car from decending until the train had already returned. Seems to work fine now.

I'm looking forward to me first visit to St. Louis in September since 2006. Got 3 new credits to get now.

What they had to do was stop the catch car from decending until the train had already returned. Seems to work fine now.

Interesting that wasn't already the case - Sidewinder at Hershey doesn't release the catch car until the train is already back in the station. I wasn't aware that the other clones operated differently.