TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to do when you grow up?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Body Builder/Go-Go Dancer.

A few days in the gym during the week, then shake it fast on the weekend and the rent's paid. No stress, no worries. Hey it worked for my ex! As a result he modeled gym/club clothes and was in a club fashion spread in some magazine overseas. Now he's playing "Desperate Housewife" to a doctor with three houses in California. But I'm not bitter. Really.

Nevermind.

Back to programming I go. Can I at least be a gym trainer?

Terrance "Too old to be on a box" Weaver

Yeah, this has been said ad nauseum, but roller coaster designer (not along the lines of B&M, I'm not so much into mechanical as civil and structural) i.e. Stengel.

If that doesn't work out, aerospace engineer or pilot (I'll have my private license on my 17th b-day-I have the hours, but you have to be 17).

The good thing is that both of the schools I applied to (MIT and GaTech) have great civil and aerospace programs.

I'm a 5th/6th grade teacher. I knew I wanted to be a teacher when I was 7, but then I apparently forgot until I was about 23!

If I had to go back and do it all over again, I would love to do voice over work. So many people comment on my distinctive voice, singing ability, speaking skills, etc. I kept my singing talent hidden until it was pretty much too late to do much with it. So now I just sing for fun and perform occasionally.

I thought about becoming a museum curator for awhile too, but I decided I wanted a little more action, and teaching definitely offers that! Some days though, I long for the quiet and solace of a temperature and humidity regulated environment of a museum. And there's nothing hotter than scattered artifacts in a museum hall as a new display is being built - wow!

Melanie "Maybe I Should Teach High School Social Studies Instead of Elementary School" Bitner

I really want to be a foreign lanugage teacher (preferrably Spanish). I have known for a very long time that I want to be a teacher. I have considered other areas of education (mainly English, science, and history), but I found that I have a true skill/mastery in language skills and that I have a strong desire to teach in that discipline.

After the week I'm having at the office - I think that I'd like to sell everything, pack up and become a carnie!!

david

LOL! My parents were carnies before I was born! I have the proud honor of telling people that my mom was a side-show freak!!! It made going to the fair as a child a much more interesting experience since I had connections with the "insiders"!

Melanie "I have small hands and smell of cabbage" Bitner

I WANT TO BE A ROLLER COASTER!

Really though, I want to be a tour guide, a photographer, or a theme park owner! I want to build Irelands first theme park! As long as its not ghetto (all of the Ireland parks are except for Funtasia), it would be perfect! Oh yeah, make sure it has one good coaster (even an SLC would do).

To be honest, I seriously don't know, all I know is that I want a wife and eventually a kid(s).

I doubt I'd be a good news anchor. I'm looking into a career in a hospital though since I hear they are desperate for workers in the healthcare industry.

Architect/interior designer.

I was quite suprised when I found out how much those two fields of study overlapped. I live next to the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and have many friends who studied in their Design and Architecture programs.

david

Right now I'm a Network Engineer, and I think it's quite yucky work.

I'm applying to medical schools in the spring. I originally wanted to do neurosurgery, but decided that's far too intense and the hours suck. So, now I'm looking at neuroradiology. You get paid like a surgeon, but you work more normal hours. No nasty 4 AM calls either.