TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

I may have missed this, but is the height of that loop released? Will it be the tallest, or will that Mack in China still hold the record?

Here is the official press release:

... and the world’s tallest loop of 52m (170ft)...

That makes a tie with GateKeeper, interesting. Any word on the height of the loop for Flash at Lewa Adventure?

That makes a tie with GateKeeper, interesting. Any word on the height of the loop for Flash at Lewa Adventure?

49 m / 161 ft = Full Throttle (Premier)

50 m / 164 ft = Lewa (Mack)

52 m / 171 ft = Ferrari World (Intamin)

56 m / 184 ft = Wanda Hefei (Intamin)

I definitely find the top connectors to be weirdly angled. So, is this going to be a loop with a funky banking (Tennesse Tornado), or are we going to have a non-inverted loop?

Hmm... looks it could be non-inverted.

Here's a quick Photoshop with the top of Rip Ride Rockit's loop:

nil.thumb.jpg.c6009987a759e8f03370b28f59d51012.jpg

Edited by BDG

Looks like both sides of the lift have stairs, like Skyrush, which would point to the winged trains.

I wonder if they are gonna need another support between the two for the lift now. The supports look very thin compared to I305 and Skyrush, and the lift is only triangular compared to what Skyrush and I305 have.

Edited by _koppen

Everyone's focused on how enormous that loop is, and I'm just sitting here staring and thinking about how incredible that drop is going to be. The shaping looks insane so far, and if the crest is tight, it's going to be one heck of a drop.

Also someone mentioned that there are catwalks on both sides of the lift, which I noticed as well. Perhaps the Winged trains be used on this coaster. If they are then this could very well be Skyrush 2.0 with an added loop!

I thought that the airtime hill was right after the loop, but it's not.

From my observations, the layout is:

- Lift

- Drop

- Non Inverted Loop

- Overbank turn

- ???

- Up-hill turn to airtime downhill

- The said airtime hill (the one you thought was right after the loop)

- Low to the ground high-speed turn

- Low to the ground stengel dive

- Higher reversed stengel dive (like Skyrush)

- Highly banked turn

- Corkscrew (how the freak did we not saw that one, it's right here, in the middle, background!)

- And then things back to the station.

^I don't see the corkscrew.

I think he means this part but I agree I don't think it's a corkscrew. I think the angle of the photo makes some of the supports look almost like they could be attached to inverted track but to me I just see an overbanked turn. If I squint hard enough at the 2 supports I can see where it would look as if the train enters on the left and corkscrews over coming towards the spot from where the photo was taken from.

image.thumb.jpg.59089ba60c07d2f6ccd3373c137d5aa0.jpg

image2.thumb.jpg.2de3af134c913e4dbe00205424e37684.jpg

I think this is the bit he's referring to from another angle

Edited by Garet

Personally I don't see how people think the loop will be non-inverting. They are using the same supports for the highest possible support point as they did for Fahrenheit's Norwegian loop. They have one pipe reach as high as possible as seen on the left side of the loop

The only convincing part of the corkscrew is the left side's single little support that is visable. But I sont think you're crazy anymore. Good catch.

The true teller will be finding a good picture of the track and looking at the double spine's rotation. Does anyone thibk they could get a similiar picture zoomed in? Or maybe take a helicopter tour?